• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 itineraries ??

guess1928

Mouseketeer
when will they release dates for the 2014 itineraries? I am really interested in the knights & lights trip and hope to do it in 2014. Another question, these trips seem really expensive. Are they worth it, or coudl you do it cheaper on your on? just curious.

The 2013 itineraries were just released the end of May (like 3 weeks ago), so it's likely that the 2014 itineraries will be released some time around May of 2013. They used to release them in the July-August timeframe, and it was moved up to May this year, so nothing is set in stone, but that's when I'd expect to see them released.

You absolutely can do *a* trip to the same places cheaper on your own. But they would not be the *same* trip, nor would you have the FABULOUS ABD Adventure Guides, the front-of-the-line access, the ABD attention to detail, the access to authentic activities, the pre-vetting of the best local guides, and did I mention the FABULOUS ABD Adventure Guides who take care of everything, and make these trips special and care-free?

Yes, they are pricey. But I've found them to be worth every penny! And I pay extra as a solo traveler!

PS, Knights & Lights is one of ABD's more expensive trips. But it is a wonderful itinerary (I took it last year, and totally loved it!)

Sayhello

Do you think they will offer this itinerary again in 2014? I didn't know how popular it was & if they would keep offering

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The trip should definitely still be around. They've made tweaks over the years but it's been a standard offering for a while. I believe it is one of ABD's more popular trips.

Do you think they will offer this itinerary again in 2014? I didn't know how popular it was & if they would keep offering

I'm quite sure they will continue to offer this itinerary in 2014. It's one of the more popular ones. If you check the rates and dates tab, it has one of the longer list of available dates which means its high in demand.

We just did the Knights and Lights May 13.... It was the best vacation of our lives! Can you do it "cheaper"? Of course. But the "experience" is none like you will ever feel again. (until your NEXT ABD!!!!!):goodvibes

I agree with the others. Knights & Lights is one of ABD's most popular trips, and has been around, with a few changes here & there, since at least 2006 (although it was called "The Land of Eternal Knights" back then). There's a really good likelihood that the trip will still be around in 2014. I'd be totally shocked if it was not.

Sayhello

besides your airfare to and from and the few meals on your on, are there any other charges to the trip (ex: taxes, customs, etc)

besides your airfare to and from and the few meals on your on, are there any other charges to the trip (ex: taxes, customs, etc)

You can add trip insurance via ABD or get it on your own. I think the taxes are already included in the price and customs charges will depend on items you buy abroad.

The other expense are the gratuities for the two ABD guides which is $6-9 per person per day.

I am with you, I am anxiously awaiting the 2014 dates, I am pretty sure I check the website 2-3 times a day with hopes they update their website. I am torn between a few of the trips, I have a feeling it will be a game day decision for me, as I change my mind daily. Another reason I wish Disney would release the dates already. :)

I am with you, I am anxiously awaiting the 2014 dates, I am pretty sure I check the website 2-3 times a day with hopes they update their website. I am torn between a few of the trips, I have a feeling it will be a game day decision for me, as I change my mind daily. Another reason I wish Disney would release the dates already. :)
I think it's likely Kevin will let us know here on this Forum well before the dates are actually announced. ABD usually does at least a bit of fanfare about it - the dates don't just appear one day with no announcement. I believe the last report we had from Kevin was either the very end of this month or the very start of June. I can't remember exactly.

Sayhello

I just received a surprise in the mail today. Its a DVD of the Sound of Music. There's a hint that that will be the one new trip this year. They also say there will be changes to the Italy trip plus special departures with teen-focused activities for Peru, Costa Rica and the Arizona and Utah trips. Plus the advance booking day for Insiders will be May 22

I got the same blue ray dvd in the mail today. What a nice surprise. Will have to mark my calender.

I just received a surprise in the mail today. Its a DVD of the Sound of Music. There's a hint that that will be the one new trip this year. They also say there will be changes to the Italy trip plus special departures with teen-focused activities for Peru, Costa Rica and the Arizona and Utah trips. Plus the advance booking day for Insiders will be May 22

ABD are going to Vermont?:rotfl2: Just kidding. Stowe Vt. is where the Van Trapp family settled when immigrating to the U.S.. They still run the Van Trapp lodge. Really nice place. We just traveled to Austria and Saltzburg is a wonderful area and we even saw the gazebo used for the Sound Of Music. The Danube areas are simply beautiful and can see how Disney would love to run trips to central Europe.

Awesome!!! Can't wait!!!

ABD used to have a trip that was Austria and Chechaslavakia (I don't know how to spell that one) I think they dropped it after the 2008 season I wonder if they re worked it or if it will be the same itinerary, if this is indeed a new trip for 2014.

ABD used to have a trip that was Austria and Chechaslavakia (I don't know how to spell that one) I think they dropped it after the 2008 season I wonder if they re worked it or if it will be the same itinerary, if this is indeed a new trip for 2014.

I wondered that too---I know Vienna and Salzburg were part of that; our Germany guides were sad to see the Vienna et al trip drop off the schedule, and were hopeful it would return. So--does this count as a "new" itinerary, if it is brought back? (Or maybe there are other surprises in store...?)

I wondered that too---I know Vienna and Salzburg were part of that; our Germany guides were sad to see the Vienna et al trip drop off the schedule, and were hopeful it would return. So--does this count as a "new" itinerary, if it is brought back? (Or maybe there are other surprises in store...?)

I hope it is new, because we are doing the Germany tour in July and would hate to know we could have seen Salzburg too! I would rather pick Italy or Ireland next year. (We are hooked! Lol)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, it was called "Imperial Cities" and featured Austria & the Czech Republic (the cheater way to spell it. ;) )

It went to Vienna, Salzburg and Prague, and ran from 2007 to 2009 (it was renamed to "Storybook Kingdoms" in 2009.)

ABD has cancelled and then brought back re-tooled versions of trips before. There was a Canadian Rockies trip in 2006 that came back in 2008 as "Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales". There was a "Flavors of France" trip that was cancelled, and now they have "Esprit de France". It will be interesting to see if Austria comes back.

Sayhello

The guide on our recent trip told me that ABD would be refining some existing itineraries and bringing back improved versions of discontinued trips. He said he thought the Yosemite trip would make a return. I don't know if he meant this year or in upcoming years. We'll find out soon, I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter