• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for our stay at the GF......never been before :cool1:

I booked a garden view outer building. I would love an upper floor overlooking the courtyard pool. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

I booked a garden view outer building. I would love an upper floor overlooking the courtyard pool. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

I like Boca Chica.

Good Morning :wave2:

Good morning, GF pals...:wave2: I'm back and definitely doing the "Floridian frown"! :( We did have a Grand time...it's just never long enough!! ;)

Welcome back!

Well, it's my 25th birthday today (quarter century... eek!) and, naturally, the first thing I had to do this morning was get caught up on my favorite FAQ on the DIS. ;) I've been away for a few weeks since work has been absolutely nuts lately, but finally have some time to breathe and reminisce about my happiest place on earth. :goodvibes

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day!

Lots of Poly peeps hanging around here these days! :goodvibes And I am thinking that after their first GF stays..they are gonna be GF groupies...:thumbsup2 Or like you and MickeyNut and Sue and be Grand Poly peeps! :cloud9:

This is my biggest fear...that after our stay at the GF, we won't want to stay anywhere else :)

I'm sure the answer to my question is in here somewhere.....I'm just failing to find it at the moment.... My girls really want to stay in a dormer room. I know we can request it, and I prefer to be as high as possible when we stay in hotels because I'm (unfortunately) a very light sleeper and people above us just generally moving around would wake me up. How much noticeably smaller is the room?? Also, we won't need to use the daybed as they are fine sharing (still little), but is the couch still there to sit or is there nothing?

You GF vets have been so helpful answering questions! I love this thread. We are now 44 days away from our first GF stay! :-)

:surfweb: Hi Grand Groupies! lol....

Has anything been added? I know it is a beautiful resort on the outside. However, IMO, something needs to be put back or added inside to this Grand resort. 43 days until I see it in person.

Have a Grand day my friends. Enjoy the warm weather.

Well..if you are staying CL... in the food department they did replace the strawberries with some other yummy desseerts..and there are several new hot appetizers..Its always about the food isnt it!!?? LOL...

Hope that you have a Grand day to MommyGina :goodvibes

We are 43 days away as well! Hopefully it will be as magical as I have planned!!! We will have to compare notes while we are there!

43 days!!! :dance3: I am sure it will be a magical stay! And how nice will it be if you get to meet up with some of the GF fans here!

Does anyone know if you can still get the "body butter" in the bath shop?
TIA

I don't recall seeing it on our last trip...but they do have a web site..H2Oplus I think its called and they do have the body butter...

Interesting that the body butter is more costly than the body lotion that it has been replaced with...

At least the turndown chocolates are still there! (and I also put them in the drawer, Blue!)

There are no more benches at the end of the bed, but one luggage rack. And I have to add that our toilet paper holder did not "misbehave" as someone said theirs did!

We booked a bounceback for late Oct. but wanted early Nov. Nothing but suites available, and not sure why almost 6 months out!

I forgot when I mentioned about tucking away those chocolates for future enjoyment that my travel buddy Maxie pops in here...so it seems that on those trips I am going to have to find a new "storage" spot!!! ;)

I am going to miss those benches...multi functional as Sue posted...

:yay:For booking a BB..I will be doing the same....Nothing like fall weather in the world...:cloud9:

That was another thing I noticed missing, the bench at end of bed :( that was so handy for getting shoes on in the morning, or laying clothes out at night for the next day. Maybe those are on back order too!!! Wishful thinking. We should all do a writing campaign so maybe they'll know these things are important to people!!

:coffee: good morning all!

Let get writing...GF activists...lol...If I get one of those post trip surveys I will be sure to express my thoughts on that...::yes:

Boca Chica..beautiful courtyard/pool/main building view...close to the pool...and boat dock too....:cloud9:

I like Boca Chica.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Good Morning :wave2:

Welcome back!

This is my biggest fear...that after our stay at the GF, we won't want to stay anywhere else :)

Be prepared...cause it going to happen!!! :goodvibes

I'm sure the answer to my question is in here somewhere.....I'm just failing to find it at the moment.... My girls really want to stay in a dormer room. I know we can request it, and I prefer to be as high as possible when we stay in hotels because I'm (unfortunately) a very light sleeper and people above us just generally moving around would wake me up. How much noticeably smaller is the room?? Also, we won't need to use the daybed as they are fine sharing (still little), but is the couch still there to sit or is there nothing?

You GF vets have been so helpful answering questions! I love this thread. We are now 44 days away from our first GF stay! :-)

Lots of helpful posters that are happy to share info around here...:goodvibes

44 days!!!! :dance3:

The daybeds are still in the rooms...and as grannyminnie just reported on her very recent stay..that they are now in the refurbished dormer rooms as well...:thumbsup2

Many of the rooms on the upper floors are dormer rooms...these also have a vaulted ceiling...a very nice bit of visual space IMO....

I would recommend calling CRO and requesting upper floor dormer room be added to your reservation ...:thumbsup2 ... :wizard: Hope that you get all of your requests!!

~I have been distracted from typing this about a hundred times...lol...;) Count down is getting shorter...I need to sit on my suitcase to zipper it....:rotfl: ...DD on the other hand ..yep still empty....:confused: Probably over on my smilies..and will surely have to log back in...lol....

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday...preppy GF gal who cannot get her kid to pack her darn suitcase............:eek:

BlueSkies, If your DD won't pack I will be glad to pack my suitcase...you can take me instead. :) I can't believe mousekeeping didn't put chocolates on my bed :sad2:...I will be looking for that new hiding place, and I definitely won't tell you where mine is. :rotfl2:

ratdog9, I agree Boca Chica or Big Pine Key for the courtyard view.

grannyminnie, Glad your toilet paper holder behaved. I too will miss the bench, hoping that is another item on back order and will soon be back in the rooms.

yce22princess the dormer rooms are a bit smaller but not that much, still plenty of room.

BlueSkies, If your DD won't pack I will be glad to pack my suitcase...you can take me instead. :) I can't believe mousekeeping didn't put chocolates on my bed :sad2:...I will be looking for that new hiding place, and I definitely won't tell you where mine is. :rotfl2:

ratdog9, I agree Boca Chica or Big Pine Key for the courtyard view.

grannyminnie, Glad your toilet paper holder behaved. I too will miss the bench, hoping that is another item on back order and will soon be back in the rooms.

yce22princess the dormer rooms are a bit smaller but not that much, still plenty of room.

I would love for them to bring those benches back but would be concerned about how much smaller they might make some rooms seem!

Hi !

Dd and I just had tea at the GVTR:goodvibes

Have to say Riley is the best. She really is a Grand hostess:thumbsup2

I will post pics when we get home.

I am sitting on my lounge chair with my feet up at poly. My view however is the GF!!!:beach:

Hi ! Dd and I just had tea at the GVTR:goodvibes Have to say Riley is the best. She really is a Grand hostess:thumbsup2 I will post pics when we get home. I am sitting on my lounge chair with my feet up at poly. My view however is the GF!!!:beach:

I agree, Riley is the best!!!

It's so beautiful here today but I still miss the Grand!

Have fun!!!

Candy

75 days until our 1st GF stay!!!. :yay::dance3:

I can't believe we have to make FP+ choices in 15 days. We have some big stuff going on at home and I haven't been able to give FP two thoughts...I need to buckle down!! :rotfl2:

Honestly, I typically have suitcases out by now, but haven't started that either. All in good time. I just can't wait to be there. :cloud9:

75 days until our 1st GF stay!!!. :yay::dance3: I can't believe we have to make FP+ choices in 15 days. We have some big stuff going on at home and I haven't been able to give FP two thoughts...I need to buckle down!! :rotfl2: Honestly, I typically have suitcases out by now, but haven't started that either. All in good time. I just can't wait to be there. :cloud9:

Looks like we will be there at the same time:-). 76 days until our 1st stay at the Grand!! So looking forward to some fun in the sun!!

I can't believe we have to make FP+ choices in 15 days. We have some big stuff going on at home and I haven't been able to give FP two thoughts...I need to buckle down!! :rotfl2:

Honestly, I typically have suitcases out by now, but haven't started that either. All in good time. I just can't wait to be there. :cloud9:

:wave2: 79 days for me!! My suitcases are out, but for all the wrong reasons :rotfl: I finally finished unpacking from January trip :rolleyes2
I find it hard to pack ahead for Aug trips, as we are using our summer clothing here. In Jan it's easier to pack ahead, we sure aren't using warm weather clothing at home!!
I was thinking the same thing, time to start thinking of FPs!! So we're ready for 60 day mark.

When I did online check in last year I seem to recall a box to check for Dormer. I didn't check it, was the only thing I didn't want :rotfl2: but got!! The room was pretty, but hate the solid balcony, so I went back down to ask for another room.

I so agree. I'm almost done with my letter. :coffee:
:goodvibes :upsidedow

71 more days for us and we cannot wait either!!!

mariamouse :cake: HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY!!!! :cake: Wishing you all the best today and the whole year through!!! :goodvibes:

Thank you for the Boca Chica view info..I knew that you would be able to provide lots of info about that!! :goodvibes

For some reason my ticker is off...:confused3 lol..maybe because we changed our dates a few time...but in just a few days my DD and I will be on our way!!! :earsgirl: :earsgirl: Can't wait! :cheer2:

Thank you for the happy bday wishes!! And eek-- so soon until you leave! The countdown is in HOURS now. I hope you have a truly magical trip with your daughter and can't wait to read all about it when you return! :woohoo::cloud9::dance3::wizard:

mariamouse, Happy Birthday. :bday:

:bday: mariamouse!!party:

Happy Birthday Mariamouse!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

mariamouse - Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thank you all SO much for the birthday love! :lovestruc It was a perfect day including the people I love most and way too much ice cream cake! ;)

Hi !

I am sitting on my lounge chair with my feet up at poly. My view however is the GF!!!:beach:

This sounds :cloud9:. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

And :woohoo: to everyone leaving in just 70-ish days! Almost there! :banana:

Hi !

Have to say Riley is the best. She really is a Grand hostess:thumbsup2

I will post pics when we get home.

Sounds like a wonderful day...:cloud9:

Thanks for checking in..Looking foward to your pics!

I still miss the Grand!

Candy

Me too...:)

Wow so many of you going at about the same time this summer..you can have a Grand GF Groupie Gathering....lol!! :rainbow: :thumbsup2

Maxie Honestly..the mousekeepers must know that you just dont like sweets and never put chocolates on your pillow..really..cross my heart...lol...:littleangel: :flower3: :upsidedow Please do pack up..quick..there is always room for you! :goodvibes

~why oh why cant I have a DD like abk's who wants to pack two months in advance....princess:

ETA~ Hi maria Glad you had a great birthday!! :goodvibes: We are counting down! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter