2014 Gift Ideas for Teen Boys

Four things my DS19 either bought himself recently or asked for
- concert tickets
- sunglasses (not the cheap ones!)
- a watch
- a kayak

Is your son an outdoorsy type? New skis? Boots? Jacket? Camping or fishing gear?

Headed to college next Fall? Sweatshirt from new college? TV?

I ordered the lego death star for our family present. Yes it would for a teenager I think if they like star wars or legos. I don't think of it as a toy. It will take all of us to build and a long time.

Gift cards to favorite stores - fast food restaurants - gas cards

Hoodies, sports stuff

Wallet

Cologne

My son still likes Legos, so those are on the list (Sopwith Camel plane, R2D2, London Bridge and misc mini bags). :)

We will also be getting him The Complete Far Side, a perpetual motion thingy (he is the geeky sort), and some Dr Who mini figures (that fit Lego).

For his birthday (coming up), he got a Tardis USB port, ThinkGeek tees, and Legos (VW bus and misc mini bags).

My 19 yr old loves concert tickets. He will be getting some for Christmas, along with spending money for concert shirts/stuff and gift cards to eat and for gas to get there. He is thrilled (that's what he got last year, too)

My 15 yr old is a total trekkie. He will be getting some collectibles from star trek. He also loves vintage video games and systems. Last year I found an Atari system still in the box with all of the instructions and manuals, along with about 20 games still in boxes. He was surprised and has played it more this year than the modern games he has. His friends also love it. I'm hoping to find another system he doesn't have, but its getting harder and harder since he has so much. :lmao:

Youngest son (9) will be easy. He wants everything his brothers have. :rotfl:

Other than that they will be getting useful stuff. New sneakers, new jacket (if they need), shirts, underwear, stocking stuffers etc.

Whatever their interests are, when one son was playing Ice hockey there would be new skates, pads...for archery new bows, golf would be new clubs...For tech kids, new mouse, keybords, controllers, games, steam GC from gamestop is always a hit with my 2DS.

New sneaks, crocs, pj's or loung pant, wallets, elec shavers...

new bluray player with fav movies-these can stream everything on them, ie hulu,amazon prime,netflix...GC for these services, I tunes GC, google play GC, Movie/event tickets...

ear buds, phone chargers, usb drives, mouse pads...laptops, phones if looking for something bigger $

clothes-find fav brands and shop around or outlets for great deals-my boys have fave surf wear and RL and such but I can always find great deals if I look- we get T's, polos,hoodies,oxfords... also Jinx.com for gaming clothes or think geek for unique t's. I found an "I am the stig" on BBC website for DS who is a big topgear fan.

We've done things like food dehydrater, box of new bedding (pillows,comforteres,sheets), new desk chairs, framed prints, oneshare of stock framed, new bows, new guns, car mats

Also fav food items-beef jerky, pistachios, fav chocolates

I am sure I can up with plenty more, that is just off the top of my head.

I like to give my kiddos "experiences" if I can. They are both already overloaded with too much "stuff". Last year for Christmas they both got Groupons for things like Segway experiences, whale watch, paintball, indoor skydiving, indoor surfing.... the caveat is that I got the experience for two and they had to take good ol' Mom along on many of these!..............P

My teen boys have asked for:

• noise canceling headphones
  • older video games
  • Harry Potter stuff (we went to Universal in July)
  • high end blender for smoothies
  • new kindle because last one wore out
  • new phones
  • plane tickets to visit family
  • a few little things from think geek.com

For those who like Star Wars and college sports, the new Star Wars NCAA t-shirts are showing up in Kohl's. I got an FSU one for my college-age nephew - Darth Vader FSU, what could be better?

DS15 has quite the list going. I ask for one early so I can start getting stuff here and there. Lot of his items are for Basketball or Baseball. This is what is on his list:

Demarini Batting Gloves (School colors)
Arm Sleeves
Bat Grip Tape
Skills Batting Card (to local Batting Cage)
Memory Foam Mattress Top
Ball Return for Basketball Hoop
Resistance Parachute
Bucket of Baseballs
Pitching Target
NBA2K15 for Xbox
Life Proof Case for Iphone
Nike Elite Socks (SpongeBob and PB & Jelly ones)
New Bat

So, he has quite the list to choose from and at least they are not too outrageous. He also wants a MacBook Air but he needs to save for that himself. I usually do some gift cards to local fast food places and places like Amazon or Target and GC for Snowboarding Fees.

DS15 has quite the list going. I ask for one early so I can start getting stuff here and there. Lot of his items are for Basketball or Baseball. This is what is on his list: Demarini Batting Gloves (School colors) Arm Sleeves Bat Grip Tape Skills Batting Card (to local Batting Cage) Memory Foam Mattress Top Ball Return for Basketball Hoop Resistance Parachute Bucket of Baseballs Pitching Target NBA2K15 for Xbox Life Proof Case for Iphone Nike Elite Socks (SpongeBob and PB & Jelly ones) New Bat So, he has quite the list to choose from and at least they are not too outrageous. He also wants a MacBook Air but he needs to save for that himself. I usually do some gift cards to local fast food places and places like Amazon or Target and GC for Snowboarding Fees.

My son has some of these same things on his list. He's only 7! He also wants the new Easton Macko composite bat and the Bryce Harper swing away.

My boys love getting groupons and gift cards. I was thinking about getting them small mini-fridges for their rooms and they both need new headphones, too.

My 15yo is asking for a pen tablet (for drawing on his laptop) and some drawing books. A couple xbox games.

It's hard to say without knowing his interests. Maybe see what he's spending his money on and expand on that, my 17 yo spends a lot on eating out so I get him fast food gift cards.

My 17 year old just bought his own car so we are giving him:

Washing/Polishing set (he keeps stealing my husband's stuff)
Road First Aid Kit (I think it has everything from medical supplies to jumper cables).
Gas card
iTunes card

and some vinyl records.

My 13 year old needs a "bring your own device" for science class. He'll either get a Nexus 7 tablet or Ipad mini. We haven't decided yet.

I was going to ditto the idea of gas gift cards for a boy if he is old enough to be driving.

Movie tickets, theme park tix (one for him and one for a friend if you have a park close enough), $ for apps, decent computer to use now and that will last through college, digital camera, magazine subscription...

So many great ideas! Today my ds said he would like a watch for Xmas but could not really elaborate, just that he wants a medal band, no leather! Any ideas on what is stylish for a teen boy?

Two teens and a tween. Combined items on their want lists - some are on all three lists:

Tablet
Cowboy/Double H motorcycle boots (oldest - 18 almost 19 yo)
youngest has a cell phone on his list.
Guitar strings
Woolen blanket for college (again oldest)
Airsoft guns and accessories and ammo
playing cards
Xbox video games
xbox live subscription/points
Gift Card for one day's admission to Water Wizz (local water park)
Gift Card to go white water rafting
Camping/hiking gear (they're boy scouts)
itunes/google play cards
tools - middle DS likes to do carpentry and repair, well everything mechanical - am also getting him some books of building plans and a GC for wood
spray paint - see above
Roblox points / gary's mod

Headphones were on the list for all last year. The GCs were also on the list last year and they were a great hit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter