• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

I just got one too. Asked if there was a free dining pin or any pin attached to my name and she said "There isn't anything like that out right now. We haven't had that for awhile." Ugg #needinganemoticonthatbangsit'sheadagainstthewall

Just booked using FREE DINING PIN that was attached to my DHs name!!! So excited!!!

1/4-1/11/2014
3 adults 2 kids
PO Riverside
7 day tkt
$2906.00:)

Our first trip...Christmas surprise!!

Do you pay kid prices for tickets with park hopper??

Yes, everyone pays kid prices. The park hopper option costs the same for an adult as a kid (the add on part, the "base ticket" part costs about $20 different for adults and kids.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When you call do they mention you have a pin or do you have to ask?
I guess when i call tues i can just ask.. i would seriously do cartwheels throughout town if i got a fd pin at this point lol!

Posted this in the discount watch thread, but this is a reminder that you gotta compare everything!

I called Disney tonight and was told I had a PIN for both free dining and RO discount for my upcoming stay in early January. Yay!

The price the CM calculated for us was $1808 *with free dining*, but if I try booking that combination of room, tickets, and dining plan directly on MDE without entering any PIN (thus, no discount), it comes out to less, only $1736.60! Since I have not entered discounts of any kind on my MDE account, why would it cost MORE booking this package using the PIN if dining is supposed to be FREE? Is the rate you see on MDE the current un-discounted room rate? If so, I think I need to call back tomorrow because with free dining, it should actually come out to ~$1387.

BTW, she was a *GREAT* CM and ran the numbers for me; she said that if I wait until 10/8 to book or want to apply for a Disney Visa, the same package would be $1473.52 with S/P/D promo.

hey black,

do you think they'll have any Free Dining pins for the summer months? I've gotten them in past summers, and we're going this summer if we get the right deal.

Is this batch of free dining pins an indication that there will be some sort of general public free dining offer coming along soon??

I just called and found out a FD pin was attached to my account in their system. So, I booked our winter vacation! So excited right now!

I wish I didn't join this thread! Hearing about all these people getting a FD PIN is making me super sad and jealous! I am happy for all of you who are getting one, though. Congrats!

We have gotten Free Dining our last several trips staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Currently have trip planned for Nov staying at CBR (the free dining was not offered @PORFQ)

Thinking about upgrading to Annual passes when we get there and possibly future trips in March and Oct. 2014.
Would it be cheaper to go w/promotions offered by Disney or go with annual pass in which case we would not be able to take advantage of free dining???There are only 2 of us.

We have gotten Free Dining our last several trips staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Currently have trip planned for Nov staying at CBR (the free dining was not offered @PORFQ) Thinking about upgrading to Annual passes when we get there and possibly future trips in March and Oct. 2014. Would it be cheaper to go w/promotions offered by Disney or go with annual pass in which case we would not be able to take advantage of free dining???There are only 2 of us.

You can still do FD but you will be required to get 2 days of tickets, even if you have an AP. Your other option would be to get an AP room discount or a ticketless package with full prices dining. But you couldn't do both.

We have gotten Free Dining our last several trips staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Currently have trip planned for Nov staying at CBR (the free dining was not offered @PORFQ)

Thinking about upgrading to Annual passes when we get there and possibly future trips in March and Oct. 2014.
Would it be cheaper to go w/promotions offered by Disney or go with annual pass in which case we would not be able to take advantage of free dining???There are only 2 of us.

Personally, with only 2 of you I would think the AP would be better choice over 3 trips. Another factor to think about is do you drink big people drinks? hahaha You could get the TIW card and get discounts on out of pocket dining and drinks. Just something to think about and factor. For us everyone is considered adults and we don't drink big people drinks so FD is a no brainer at the moderate level but with just the 2 of you that's another story. Just thinking out loud for you.

Spoke with a great CM this morning when I called to check on a possible PIN for us...no luck...HOWEVER...she said that there are more free dining pins coming out later this afternoon in advance of tomorrow's GP discounts!! We might all get lucky yet friends. : )

Spoke with a great CM this morning when I called to check on a possible PIN for us...no luck...HOWEVER...she said that there are more free dining pins coming out later this afternoon in advance of tomorrow's GP discounts!! We might all get lucky yet friends. : )

How long do PINs stay attached to your name before they expire? Thanks.

Thanks for the info!

I spoke with a CM yesterday and my grandmother had one on her name but it was for the promotion for the end of this year.

I asked him if they had all been rolled out and he said yes, but if the marketing dept. doesn't get the response they were hoping for then they will roll out some more. So just keep checking :) The FD Pin would save us an additional $300 from what the S/P/D has already saved us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter