• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

I don't know if this has been shared yet, but I found this picture last night. This is the Magic and for the Food and Wine Premium event. I thought it was supposed to be purple. I like it though.

Is there a crowd level predictor for Epcot during the Food & Wine? We are going next weekend... I looked and didn't see any celebrity chef events so I'm hoping it won't be too crazy...

Question on the potentially sensitive topic of parking. Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to evoke controversy or "cheat" the system. I know & understand that the EPCOT resorts become more strict about their parking policies during the festival. Understandably so. My question is whether this also applies to valet parking? If I am willing to pay the fee to park will they let me in (assuming lot not full) or is that also restricted?

Thanks! Looking forward to the first reports from the festival!! :goodvibes

Question on the potentially sensitive topic of parking. Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to evoke controversy or "cheat" the system. I know & understand that the EPCOT resorts become more strict about their parking policies during the festival. Understandably so. My question is whether this also applies to valet parking? If I am willing to pay the fee to park will they let me in (assuming lot not full) or is that also restricted? Thanks! Looking forward to the first reports from the festival!! :goodvibes

I *think* it's ok if you valet, but I'm not positive. If no one here knows, ask the folks on the transportation board.

I've valet parked many times during Flower & Garden and Food & Wine, I don't think it's restricted with the rest of the parking.

Valet is fine unless it happens to be full. There WILL be times (possibly weekends) when they will restrict guests from self parking at the Epcot area resorts in order to access Epcot by giving out timed passes or by refusing parking to anyone who is not a guest of the resort unless they have an ADR for a restaurant. Swan and Dolphin charge for parking.

My daughter is in the CP program and was selected to work at W&F. I believe the first week she will be working in Greece, so if you see "Erin" from Pikes Peak say "Hi" for me!

Its Wednesday!!!!:cool1:

I hope a blogger goes to the soft opening tomorrow !!!!:thumbsup2

Not a blogger but I will most definitely be at the soft opening tomorrow..though it will be in the evening after work. If anyone has any specific questions that aren't answer for you by 5pm feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best

Question. If we purchase wine at the festival will they hold it and send it to your resort like other products. Thanks

Info posted on the theme park insider blog on the food & wine fest -

5 Fabulous (and Free!) Things to Do at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival:
https://blogs.disney.com/insider/20...t-the-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

Great article!
It mentions "The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar", and says, "Afterwards, sample free Ghirardelli chocolate items to find your next fix."

Does anyone know what is included in free samples? Hoping to try the drinking chocolate!!

Those are so nice! Can anyone get them?

My guess would be probably no as sales to the public would make it harder for CM's to police the 10 booths VIP areas for people (like me) who bought the package...you're probably going to need one of these bands to access these areas.

Great article! It mentions "The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar", and says, "Afterwards, sample free Ghirardelli chocolate items to find your next fix." Does anyone know what is included in free samples? Hoping to try the drinking chocolate!!

It's the same square you get at DTD. You have to buy the drinking chocolate

Valet is fine unless it happens to be full. There WILL be times (possibly weekends) when they will restrict guests from self parking at the Epcot area resorts in order to access Epcot by giving out timed passes or by refusing parking to anyone who is not a guest of the resort unless they have an ADR for a restaurant. Swan and Dolphin charge for parking.

Last year they cracked down on parking every day. Not just on weekends. (I know someone who parks at BW several times a week to go to Epcot who was pitching a fit and then was upset that no one thought she was right LOL)

My guess would be probably no as sales to the public would make it harder for CM's to police the 10 booths VIP areas for people (like me) who bought the package...you're probably going to need one of these bands to access these areas.

You better hope they have something better. Otherwise you buy the package week one and just come back for the entire festival with your fancy Tragic Band

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter