2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

This is our first time so not sure what to expect! Maybe because it's weekday afternoon/evenings? I haven't decided if we will book yet because it is out first time. Like you said I'm not sure if I should trust what the CM said either!

Hi jennab,
It really is hard to tell if the phone CM truly knows what the policy is. You certainly can say that's what you were told if you are asked. Your other option might be to do a baby swap. Heck, you may find some booths are fine with it, others aren't. Who knows?

All I know is that I've been going to F&W events for awhile. The seasonal CM's that usually run access to F&W events seem to know the rules, and enforce them to the letter. (Think ladies that run the seating at an elementary school lunchroom. It's all happiness and light, unless you don't follow their instructions. :laughing:)

Hi jennab, It really is hard to tell if the phone CM truly knows what the policy is. You certainly can say that's what you were told if you are asked. Your other option might be to do a baby swap. Heck, you may find some booths are fine with it, others aren't. Who knows? All I know is that I've been going to F&W events for awhile. The seasonal CM's that usually run access to F&W events seem to know the rules, and enforce them to the letter. (Think ladies that run the seating at an elementary school lunchroom. It's all happiness and light, unless you don't follow their instructions. :laughing:)

Thanks for the insight! Yeah I didn't book any dinners or demonstrations because I either didn't want to bring DS with or it wasn't at night. We were already planning to do in room babysitter on a Tuesday so that would work out great for the party! Just don't want to waste buying the premium event if DS can't just sit with us in the special locations :)

So all the marketing material I have seen for F&W has featured people with freshly pressed, resort casual wear, perfectly coifed hair and fresh, made-up faces. Am I going to fit in in my t-shirt, cargo pant capri's and tennis shoes and sun-beaten red skin or am I going to appear too gauche for the F&W crowd?

So all the marketing material I have seen for F&W has featured people with freshly pressed, resort casual wear, perfectly coifed hair and fresh, made-up faces. Am I going to fit in in my t-shirt, cargo pant capri's and tennis shoes and sun-beaten red skin or am I going to appear too gauche for the F&W crowd?

LOL! We dressed it up a tad for last year's Scotland special event -- it was a mixed bag there, but I'd say more people dressed up A BIT than not, with a few people really gussied up. :)

For the booths, it was regular theme park wear IMO.

In terms of the day-to-day- visiting kiosks, Festival Center, demos etc.- you will be absolutely fine. The only policy guideline they provided on the demos/seminars was no bathing suits (which I found alarming that they needed to specify:rolleyes1). Think for some of the signature dining/evening special events some choose to dress-up.

We decided to add a day to our trip and I tried booking 2 more events this morning- the Parisian Breakfast on 10/18 but it was sold out, as was the Sweet Seats for the 3D Dessert Discovery for 10/17. There were still GA seats left for the Dessert Discovery though.

For anyone that’s gone to the 3D Dessert Discovery, is General Admission worth going for or will we be at a disadvantage by not having the Sweet Seats? Thanks!

We went GA last year and loved it, we didn't see any reason to pay the extra.

Hi all! Any chance additional dates will be added for PFTS? We will be there the first two Saturdays of the festival and were bummed to see the event does not start until October.

Thanks in advance!

Have you also noticed that all the people in the pictures are also middle aged or older and no kids are pictured? Subliminally targeting the preferred audience?

We are usually in cargo capris and sandals for all the events except PftS, which we do switch to long pants and a nice shirt (yes, we are those people changing clothes in the locker area :goodvibes). We have seen people in shorts and t shirts in the PftS, but they do look out of place.

I realize that appetites may vary but can anyone give me an idea as to how many food items one might normally eat if the items are your dinner. Dh and I are trying to figure out what items we'll want to try on the 2 nights we'll be doing the booths for dinner. A normal dinner out might be a salad or app and main and by then we're usually stuffed so no dessert...lol. Im thinking maybe 4 - 6 each. Its hard to guess portion size based on photos ? Would about 2 items be equivalent to an app and 3 or 4 to a main ?

That estimate sounds about right. You can always get a little further or taste more things too if you share each item. And sometimes it's hard, because you paid for it, but if you don't like it, don't eat it! No point filling up on things you don't like. :thumbsup2

I remember that there was a bit of an uproar on the boards awhile back because some photos somebody posted of a reception at a signature dinner showed in the background a middle-aged guy wearing shorts.

Of course because he was in the photo, the boards went on about his being there in shorts, but he obviously wasn't thrown out of the event.

An in-park event - doesn't matter in the least what you wear except no swimsuits, and they asked for no hats or tank tops on men.

Hi all! Any chance additional dates will be added for PFTS?

World Showplace is in use for the Puerto Rico event on September 20, so it won't happen then. I'd say little to no chance that one will be added on September 27.

For those of you who still have no dining showing up on your "my reservations" pg of the mde I just called IT about ours and was told this is a known issue with F&W bookings but they are working on it and (and this is a direct quote...try not to laugh...I dare you :) ) " it should be fixed by the time you go in September". Im really really glad my office It works a tad faster than that :rotfl2:

For those of you who still have no dining showing up on your "my reservations" pg of the mde I just called IT about ours and was told this is a known issue with F&W bookings but they are working on it and (and this is a direct quote...try not to laugh...I dare you :) ) " it should be fixed by the time you go in September". Im really really glad my office It works a tad faster than that :rotfl2:

How thoughtful! :rotfl:

Just an update on the Premium Package - I have confirmed via Dine management that Each person will receive the goody bag and the gift card. Yay! I hope that helps.

Just noticed a posting on the theme park board where a poster mentions that since the res for the premium area don't ask for the name of the 2nd guest how does the 2nd guest get there credentials ? Apparently this poster called back and was told that the 2nd name was supposed to be in there for the credentials . Interesting point. OMG I don't want to have to call again. Are they going to "assume " it is for the other person sharing the room ? What if there are 4 of you and only 2 are going ?

How crowded will EP be during the day on Columbus Day? Didn't realize that would be a factor when we booked, oh well!

You know the 10 small locations for the premium event actually make it less appealing. I was thinking they could do a nice set up in some of the places where you normally see Illuminations parties. Now I don't know. I can see lots of small spaces but not much opportunity for theme or nice amenities. Hmmm.

If you are going to some of the premium events like the Signature Dinners, you will stand out as most people dress up for those events.

At normal demos, kiosks, Festival Center, you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter