• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

I'm not sure it can be a per room price. Would you have to flip to see who could go to late night event?

I would think based on further info that you get in the swag bag:

1 bag per room (it's probably some kind of tote bag that you can keep) with:
1 premium credential per person you booked for
1 wine glass per person
1 magic band per person
1 bottle of wine per room
1 gift card per room

Can't even guess about the truffles.

Since it's just me I'm not going to be annoyed if it's just one gift card and one bottle of wine is definitely plenty. If true it does cut down on the value of multiple participants per room to get only one gift card and bottle of wine.

If it comes down to this we will probably cancel. I was told this event was cancellable according to the CM I talked to today when I switched from the Late Night Live to the Premium Package. To pay the full $199 for a second person and not get the gift card or wine? They would have to charge a lot less for a second person.

I still think each person will get the whole package or Disney will end up getting lots of complaints. I might call later this week and ask for a clarification.

You are not part of the problem at all! They are going to offer special packages and, if people want them, they will continue to offer them. It is up to each person to decide what they want to do or don't want to do. I'm still on the fence about them because I don't have all the details, not because I think it is wrong for Disney to offer the option.

ITA!! Disney offers a new package and already we jump to how this will somehow make something worse. I'd rather stay positive until I have a concrete reason not to be! :)

I just want more details before I consider booking...

I would think based on further info that you get in the swag bag:

1 bag per room (it's probably some kind of tote bag that you can keep) with:
1 premium credential per person you booked for
1 wine glass per person
1 magic band per person
1 bottle of wine per room
1 gift card per room

Can't even guess about the truffles.

Since it's just me I'm not going to be annoyed if it's just one gift card and one bottle of wine is definitely plenty. If true it does cut down on the value of multiple participants per room to get only one gift card and bottle of wine.

This seems all wrong to me. All the information available from Disney states that each "package" includes these things. Each package costs $199, so unless there is some type of discount for buying multiple packages for guests staying in a single resort room, each package purchased should come with all the components.

This seems all wrong to me. All the information available from Disney states that each "package" includes these things. Each package costs $199, so unless there is some type of discount for buying multiple packages for guests staying in a single resort room, each package purchased should come with all the components.

Maybe there will be some clarification soon on the Disney Parks Blog. A guest recently posted they purchased 4 packages, and outlines what they understand are the benefits, basically all 4 will get everything. (See comment #5 at 1:30pm)
If the information is different, I'm reasonably sure the post will either poof :rotfl:, or the guest will be given the policies....whatever they are.

There was one person commenting on Disney Food Blog stating they were told that the allotment was "one bag and one gift card per room." The rest is just speculation because nobody's released anything official yet saying what happens if you have multiple participants in one room. From what was actually written and released it seemed obvious that EACH GUEST got a gift bag with all the listed items. but who knows, because the release was not well written. There is also a report from someone who booked four packages and was told that all four participants would get the full swag bag. but of course as usual there is now conflicting information.

And the Disney phone agents are not entirely accurate about anything all the time. So it's difficult to know who to ask. But if it turns out that each person does not get a gift card there are going to be mass complaints and demands to cancel. if it is the case then they should have been VERY specific that there was a limit on the gift cards per room.

Someone on another board was told on the phone that you only get six food or drink items total at the Late Night event. We can't be sure that is accurate either because the Disney Parks Blog itself didn't specify. But it's something to think about.

IdKW48r.jpg

The way the information is worded I think it is possible you'd get one "in room bag" with wine, glasses, and truffles, but the magic band and gift card definitely look like it is per guest. If that's not true it's totally misleading and I will be requesting a refund.

Just called for kicks...the agent I spoke to said very definitively that the access to the premium areas was for one day only and that there was just one bag, bottle, gift card per room. For what it's worth...take it with a grain of salt...

There was one person commenting on Disney Food Blog stating they were told that the allotment was "one bag and one gift card per room." The rest is just speculation because nobody's released anything official yet saying what happens if you have multiple participants in one room. From what was actually written and released it seemed obvious that EACH GUEST got a gift bag with all the listed items. but who knows, because the release was not well written.

And the Disney phone agents are not entirely accurate about anything all the time. So it's difficult to know who to ask. But if it turns out that each person does not get a gift card there are going to be mass complaints and demands to cancel.

Someone on another board was told on the phone that you only get six food or drink items total at the Late Night event. We can't be sure that is accurate either because the Disney Parks Blog itself didn't specify. But it's something to think about.

This certainly is a mess isn't it?

I was getting my information from the TIW brochure pdf
http://cdn.media.tablesinwonderland.com/Files/2014 FW Booklet.pdf

If you scroll to the bottom it has info on the new offerings. It does state 6 complimentary items for the Late Night event. It also states that each Premium Package is $199 and lists what each Premium Package includes.

Just called for kicks...the agent I spoke to said very definitively that the access to the premium areas was for one day only and that there was just one bag, bottle, gift card per room. For what it's worth...take it with a grain of salt...

Wow it's crazy the amount of misinformation they are giving out. The CM I talked to said the complete opposite. So one of them is wrong. I wish that if they didn't know the answer they would just say so and find somebody who does. It seems like they are just making stuff up!

Wow it's crazy the amount of misinformation they are giving out. The CM I talked to said the complete opposite. So one of them is wrong. I wish that if they didn't know the answer they would just say so and find somebody who does. It seems like they are just making stuff up!

Classic. She even put me on hold for a bit so she could confirm. Guess we just have to wait and see. :rolleyes:

The brochure looks pretty clear on 6 items at the after party. My assumption was they were all food just because Disney usually warns you about drinks. I assume you can buy more?

I will be amazed if for $199 you get access to premier space for a week. Would also not be surprised if they do give it to you but the spaces are packed.

Glad I sat this one put.

I think it would be ridiculous to assume that each room would receive only one magic band no matter how many guests therein paid the full price for the package. A magic band is personal and only one guest can use it. And the gift card is listed in the same sentence with the magic band.

The most difficult part is that we cannot assume that we are getting accurate information from the phone agents. There is already the usual thing going on where two persons call at the same time, get two different CMs, one says one thing and the other says the exact opposite.

I would advise waiting unless you are getting one of the first packages. I'd likely keep mine anyway, because it was just for one.

In the spiel regarding the Late Night they did say you had to be 21 to drink alcohol which leads me to believe alcohol will be available.

I wrote the Concierge Planners at BWI and received even more conflicting information, this time about which days were actually available for the Premium areas.

With all the confusion, I think we will sit this one out until there is some more clarification.

I may be in the minority here but the perk that interests me is not the gift cards/magic bands etc but the reserved areas at the F&W Festival
Is this included for one day only or multiple days?
I understand that the afterhours event is one night only but what about the rest?
Not comfortable handing over this much cash without knowing - or if you just book can you cancel withought penalty?

I may be in the minority here but the perk that interests me is not the gift cards/magic bands etc but the reserved areas at the F&W Festival
I understand that the afterhours event is one night only but what about the rest?
Not comfortable handing over this much cash without knowing - or if you just book can you cancel withought penalty?

If you call and say you were given inaccurate information about the event and given the release of new information you want a refund, then I would bet they would give you one.

But if you haven't booked yet, sit tight.

BBM
Good question. If it's a single day, that's one expensive day. If it's multi-day, how on earth could they accommodate all the guests who purchased (and expect) access?
Will it be tents? A bunch of high top tables squished together and surrounded by a rope? Something else? I am really curious about the vision for this.

If you call and say you were given inaccurate information about the event and given the release of new information you want a refund, then I would bet they would give you one.

But if you haven't booked yet, sit tight.

I haven't booked yet, so I will sit tight
On another note, thanks for looking after this wonderful thread :goodvibes

Right there with you. I have been attending this event long enough that I shouldn't be but I am truly astonished at the misinformation & confusion on Disney's end. I do love that they are adding new experiences & trying new things. Some will work & some won't but nice to see new options.

BBM
Good question. If it's a single day, that's one expensive day. If it's multi-day, how on earth could they accommodate all the guests who purchased (and expect) access?
Will it be tents? A bunch of high top tables squished together and surrounded by a rope? Something else? I am really curious about the vision for this.

The disney parks blog said there will be 10 premium areas around the world showcase and you can order from select booths at them. If there's something like 35 different booths I was imagining maybe you can only order from 3-5 different booths per premium area. Then people would go in order a couple of things and then move on to the next area to order from the next set of booths.

But idk... would that even work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter