• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Really hope that we can use the premium area Mon-Thurs and not just one day. My package doesn't start until a tuesday but I will want to use the premium area on the Monday before as well. The CM on the phone said I could use it any day Mon-Thurs starting at noon. I hope it works out.

Really hope that we can use the premium area Mon-Thurs and not just one day. My package doesn't start until a tuesday but I will want to use the premium area on the Monday before as well. The CM on the phone said I could use it any day Mon-Thurs starting at noon. I hope it works out.

That would be nice. So far, I'm having trouble getting a CM who can even find the package to book.

The M-T Premium Area access would be a nice benefit for sure.

That would be nice. So far, I'm having trouble getting a CM who can even find the package to book.

The M-T Premium Area access would be a nice benefit for sure.

My CM had to put me on hold. When she came back she was still a little confused, but she DID find it. I think maybe she went backwards by finding the After Hours thing first, then looking for the package.

I have some questions though....has anyone here done a recent party as general admission? How "bad" is it or really is it that bad...i.e. crowded. etc. Give me the lo-down.

We did a party general admission 2 years ago. We had a great time. We had seats. Had no problem getting food/drinks. Wonderful time. We got there early and were one of the first 30 who entered. Maybe that helped. But we did not notice people having problems either. If it were me, I would do general admission again.

Question about the Culinary Deminars: Do they start promptly? The wife and I are booked for a 3pm slot on a Tuesday, but now I'm super intrigued by the Italian Beer Lunch from 1:30 to 3:30. I'd hate to throw away $30 (and I've already tried canceling/changing day).

Does anyone have experience with these events? Is there a set time you have to arrive to the deminar by? Or am I just being too optimistic in cramming these two events back to back?

Yes, they do start pretty much on time. They last about 45 minutes or so. I don't see how you would finish the Beer lunch at 330 and make it in time to see anything at the deminar. If the deminar is a celebrity, people will line up pretty early, sometimes even an hour. There are rectangular tables set up and the seats in front go the fastest. If you didn't care about that, you could plan on sitting near the back. However, the bigger issue is that there is no guarantee you'd get 2 seats together. You have to pick the actual tickets up before the deminar, any time in the morning is fine.

Yes, they do start pretty much on time. They last about 45 minutes or so. I don't see how you would finish the Beer lunch at 330 and make it in time to see anything at the deminar. If the deminar is a celebrity, people will line up pretty early, sometimes even an hour. There are rectangular tables set up and the seats in front go the fastest. If you didn't care about that, you could plan on sitting near the back. However, the bigger issue is that there is no guarantee you'd get 2 seats together. You have to pick the actual tickets up before the deminar, any time in the morning is fine.

Thanks for the info. I just have to remind myself that for the $160 for the tasting, my wife and I can just buy a bottle of each beer they have and a couple large pizzas :thumbsup2!

the year they gave out a bazillion comp tickets to the PFTS was a mess. Little kids everywhere, parents complaining that there wasn't any food for kids, families camping out on the floor on blankets, conventioners in matching shirts and lanyards having way too much to drink, grown men coming to blows over chairs. It's not so bad now that it's gone back to "everybody pays," but you still do get folks in the general admission defending their tables and chairs.

Maybe so. But don't you hate having more and more $$$ squeezed out of you just to enjoy activities that are suppose to be available to everyone with park access? Laura
The overall trend. If this turns our to impede those of us who choose not to buy it might be fatal to my future visits.

The trend will continue as long as they sell enough of the special packages. They will sell what people want to buy.

I bought one, so maybe I'm part of the problem.

The trend will continue as long as they sell enough of the special packages. They will sell what people want to buy.

You're not part of the problem. You're our fearless leader and ace reporter, all in one. :goodvibes
I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on these premium packages. :thumbsup2

I have been doing the 7am rush to reserve signature events since 2009. I have to say, that this was perhaps the best experience ever. I called in at 7am exactly, went directly into the queue, was told there would be a 30 minutes wait. At 7:14am a cast member picked up my call and 30 minutes later I was in my car on the way to work. Compared to past years where it took an hour to get a line in, and another hour on hold, this was MAGICAL!

it took me a lot of thought to figure that the package was probably worth the $$ based on the inclusions. there are some big mysteries - the quality of the wine that comes with the package, whether they will make the magic band available to the masses and how much it will cost (I guessed $20), whether you get access to the premium areas on one day only, how much booze you get with the Late Night. any of this could enhance or detract from the package value. There's also going to be whether or not they screw up the in-room delivery of the swag bag since your credential is supposed to be in that.

I'm down at the end of October so there will be lots going before me and the questions will be answered before I get there. And there will be time for WDW to fix any "glitches" probably.

SOOOO disappointed this am. I could not get through for 2 hours and then when I finally was able to get through I was only hold for about 30 minutes only to be told the wine view and reserved seating are both sold out for the party for the senses on 11/1. :confused3 It was our 20th anniversary....we were so excited to book the wine view lounge. I have called four times and have gotten the same answer every time that only general admission is available for that day.

ANYWAYS...I'm over it now.:) I have some questions though....has anyone here done a recent party as general admission? How "bad" is it or really is it that bad...i.e. crowded. etc. Give me the lo-down. Also....does anyone know that if I keep calling over the next few days that maybe they hold back a few seats everyday so they are not completely booked on the first day? Any help/guidance would be appreciated. THANKS!

I am sorry you didn't get the WVL on 11/1. I screwed up this morning and got in right away but then hung up the phone by accident. Then took me another 5 minutes to get in and 50+ minutes on hold. The 25th WVL was already sold out so had to do GA. We were able to get WVL on 11/1 though (around 8:00am ET) so it wasn't book up until later.

As far as GA, it isn't bad. You are walking around anyhow and there are tables set up for standing that you can eat at. Not nearly as nice, but it is okay. A couple of years ago, I wasn't thinking and I walked through the WVL, well started to. The guys there promptly kicked me out and made me walk around! :rotfl2:. We were GA then and one of us just held the table we had snagged while the other went to get stuff to try. If you get in right away, you should be able to snag a table that you can use. There are no seats though, just standing.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy!:thumbsup2

You are not part of the problem at all! They are going to offer special packages and, if people want them, they will continue to offer them. It is up to each person to decide what they want to do or don't want to do.

I'm still on the fence about them because I don't have all the details, not because I think it is wrong for Disney to offer the option.

told the wine view and reserved seating are both sold out for the party for the senses on 11/1. :confused3 It was our 20th anniversary....we were so excited to book the wine view lounge.

ANYWAYS...I'm over it now.:) I have some questions though....has anyone here done a recent party as general admission? How "bad" is it or really is it that bad...i.e. crowded. etc. Give me the lo-down. A Any help/guidance would be appreciated. THANKS!

We have done about 8 PFTS----six of them prior to the days when they had Reserved and WVL seating. We have always felt the evening was worth the ticket price. We had an enjoyable time for each party. Most of the time we we able to get seats for at least part of the time. If not seats, the high cocktail tables provided a space to place your drink and food while enjoying. Except for one year early on, the lines have not been so long as to affect the enjoyment. Many times, we were able to just walk up and select our food/drink.

If you don't have the WVL or Reserved, please don't walk away from the event if you have never attended. I don't think you will disappointed in GA vs not attending at all.

If you have specific questions, please PM me.

it took me a lot of thought to figure that the package was probably worth the $$ based on the inclusions. there are some big mysteries - the quality of the wine that comes with the package, whether they will make the magic band available to the masses and how much it will cost (I guessed $20), whether you get access to the premium areas on one day only, how much booze you get with the Late Night. any of this could enhance or detract from the package value. There's also going to be whether or not they screw up the in-room delivery of the swag bag since your credential is supposed to be in that.

I agree. I just can't stand to be left out. I am their target demographic. :blush:

I wanted to do Harambe Nights but we had too many other things booked for that trip and we couldn't fit it in. The October trip is for my husband's birthday so I want to have special things planned.

I'm down at the end of October so there will be lots going before me and the questions will be answered before I get there. And there will be time for WDW to fix any "glitches" probably.

And we need to pray for no rain on the night of 10/21 :woohoo:

Should I be worried that our seminar isn't showing on MDE?

Not necessarily. Only 2 of the 3 I booked last week when the DVC window opened showed up and the 3rd (Robert Irvine) kept saying error when I tried to manually input. I called the tech support number yesterday and CM said some of the things weren't showing up but in my case it was that the CM that booked it misspelled my name. Call them - it didn't take long and alleviated my fears that the reservation had disappeared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter