• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

I think it is pretty clear you get ONE day of premium package and ONE evening event. So you could do the package on Wed and the evening event on Thursday. Otherwise they would not sell the package by the day.

I read it to be that you could use the "fastpass lines" where available anytime Mon-Thurs and in addition had to select a specific day for the evening event...but what do I know. They didn't ask you to pick a day for the special package benefits. Special booth access Mon-Thurs isn't that big a deal anyway (now the weekends, that would be a big deal, that's why it isn't offered).

I think it is pretty clear you get ONE day of premium package and ONE evening event. So you could do the package on Wed and the evening event on Thursday. Otherwise they would not sell the package by the day.

I guess the confusion is the way it is stated. For the Late Night event, it states you have access to one event. For the Premium Areas, it does not say it is limited to one day.

I wonder where they are going to squeeze in ten premium areas around World Showcase?

Also, was just on the phone with an agent who tried to get clarifying info on the package but ultimately wasn't able to answer whether you have access to the premium areas for the duration of your stay.

I read it to be that you could use the "fastpass lines" where available anytime Mon-Thurs and in addition had to select a specific day for the evening event...but what do I know. They didn't ask you to pick a day for the special package benefits. Special booth access Mon-Thurs isn't that big a deal anyway (now the weekends, that would be a big deal, that's why it isn't offered).

I agree with that, the special booth access isn't really needed except possibly in the evenings, and I'll be using it to grab drinks if that's allowed. It isn't really going to get crowded on a weekday until people show up to see the concerts, and even then it won't be like a weekend.

But I'm totally not clear on whether I can use it only on Tuesday or not...it's OK if that's it though.

I wonder where they are going to squeeze in ten premium areas around World Showcase?

Anticipate fewer seating areas for the general public. Not that there were many anyhow.

I agree with that, the special booth access isn't really needed except possibly in the evenings, and I'll be using it to grab drinks if that's allowed. It isn't really going to get crowded on a weekday until people show up to see the concerts, and even then it won't be like a weekend.

But I'm totally not clear on whether I can use it only on Tuesday or not...it's OK if that's it though.

The one thing I thought was nice was they said there would be places to sit. I know, in years past, not having a place to sit and eat has been a problem. That was one of the appeals to me. Just wish there was clarification about one day versus every day.

Was told from a cast member on the phone that you are able to use the premium package Monday through Thursday (noon-8pm).

My friend called to book premium her CM booked her for the Tuesday evening and Wednesday day event. Assumption is based on the CM asking which "date" to book. And the CM had the hotel reservation that starts on Sunday.

Now the next question will her 16 year old get a bottle of wine

SOOOO disappointed this am. I could not get through for 2 hours and then when I finally was able to get through I was only hold for about 30 minutes only to be told the wine view and reserved seating are both sold out for the party for the senses on 11/1. :confused3 It was our 20th anniversary....we were so excited to book the wine view lounge. I have called four times and have gotten the same answer every time that only general admission is available for that day.

ANYWAYS...I'm over it now.:) I have some questions though....has anyone here done a recent party as general admission? How "bad" is it or really is it that bad...i.e. crowded. etc. Give me the lo-down. Also....does anyone know that if I keep calling over the next few days that maybe they hold back a few seats everyday so they are not completely booked on the first day? Any help/guidance would be appreciated. THANKS!

The Disney Parks Blog has an entry that confirms the Premium Package price is per person.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...enjoy-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

Huh. This says the premium areas are noon-8 PM Mon-Thurs, and that the package gives you a credential to access the premium areas. It doesn't sound like you can only use the credential on just one day, but I could be mistaken. We are going to Epcot on Monday and Tuesday, and our After Hours thing is Tuesday. We have friends going with us Monday who do not have Premium access, so if it is only valid Tuesday that is OK. If we get there a a decent time on Tuesday we'll still get to use the reserved areas.

If if was for the week I might have done it. But the days you really need it are not covered. Monday at noon place is generally dead. Saturday at noon is a whole different event. :)!

we will see when folks start receiving their credentials. If the credential has a date on it, that's probably it.

You have to reserve a spot for the Eat to the Beat concerts? I didn't know that, last time we went there were no good concerts so I didn't bother worrying about it.

I think the post was about the new dining packages that include reserved seating for the concerts.

Is there any word on the number of premium packages they are selling? I'm really on the fence with this and would like more info before booking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter