• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Decided not to play the game this year and just tried to call a few times as I got ready for work. Got put on hold at 9:45am (EDT) and got an agent at 10am, but both events are sold out.

Tried to book the Italian Pairing Lunch on October 27 and the Hibachi Experience on October 28 - both for two people.

They both show up online but you can't book them there. I'm so over the way this booking works. I'm disappointed not to get these events but it also wouldn't have been worth it to spend three hours this morning (and getting up at 5am my time) to get them.

I was checking on the package but I'm unsure about booking the package on a day I have a lunch event reserved. It means I'd get less use out of the special areas for the kiosk ordering. Although maybe it's not that big a thing. On a tuesday they wouldn't get crowded until nighttime anyway.

Decided I couldn't stomach a third day of 7 am dialing and crazy hold times. Just called - 10 min wait AND got the Food for Thought event that was "sold out" in the Chase pre-booking event. :cool1:

I am also very intrigued by this premium package. I understand it runs only Mon - Thurs and you get one ticket to the late night event but do you get access to the "VIP area" for the duration of your trip (Mon-Thurs)?

So after finally getting through after trying for 45 minutes this morning (started at 6:55), I was on hold for 15 minutes and accidently dropped my phone and it hung up. Arrggg. Tried calling back but got a busy signal so I showered, got ready for work and called on my way to work. Was told more than 30 minute wait but was on hold for about 25 minutes. Then told Sunday Mornings with .... for Nov. 9th was sold out. I figured since it was 9:30 by the time that I got through but at least I tried. I'm a little bummed but glad to know that others on here were able to book. That's the only thing that was really all that appealing to me, since I don't eat red meat I felt the other lunches would be a waste of money. I'm sure I will still have a great experience either way.

I am also very intrigued by this premium package. I understand it runs only Mon - Thurs and you get one ticket to the late night event but do you get access to the "VIP area" for the duration of your trip (Mon-Thurs)?

I am with you - I am trying to decide if the premium package is 'worth it.' That is a good question - are you able to use it Mon-Thurs. If so, maybe it isn't good for me as I am coming at the end of Food and Wine, coming in on Wed 11/5, so Thurs, 11/6 is the only day I would be able to "use it."

Wonder if it will sell out and I won't have the opportunity to get more information.

The premium package is $199 per person, correct? So a couple would end up with 2 bottles of wine, 2 glasses, 2 magic bands & $100 in gift cards? I wonder how quickly these will sell out..

This is what I'm unclear on as well. I think they could have been a little more precise in their event description...

Couldn't resist. Called for the Premium Package. Hold time was short but the CM couldn't find it and now she is struggling to book the package vs. just the after hours party.

OK, done! Got my package booked. Now we shall see if it was worth the price. Since there are 2 of us I am assuming we get 2 bottles of wine? And what about the special Magic Bands? Are those in the welcome bags or do they send them ahead of time? So few details for so much stuff!

No idea how this event works as it has never been done before. But with food & wine you cannot transfer events and there are no tickets, you just check in. Whoever you send in your place would have to check in as you, and if they are asked for ID (which isn't typical except for deminars) it's a problem. Did you actually book this event for a night that you won't be present for?

Yes I booked it for the only night the CM said it was available which was Sept 30th and I am not arriving until Oct 2nd. The way I read the description was that only the late night event was date dependent and the other items listed were available any date.

I wound up calling back a little while later and sure enough the second CM said there was availability for Oct 2nd. I told her about my situation and after checking with a manager she was able to change my date to Oct 2nd. But she emphasized this was a one time thing and I suspect because the first CM had obviously made a mistake (although she didn't admit this).

Anyone have more information and details on the Premium package ???

Couldn't resist. Called for the Premium Package. Hold time was short but the CM couldn't find it and now she is struggling to book the package vs. just the after hours party.

OK, done! Got my package booked. Now we shall see if it was worth the price. Since there are 2 of us I am assuming we get 2 bottles of wine? And what about the special Magic Bands? Are those in the welcome bags or do they send them ahead of time? So few details for so much stuff!

probably because it is new :thumbsup2

If you get more details please post. I am wondering a lot of the same things.

I just called back and talked to a cast member who told me that the premium package you can use Mon-Thurs AND you get in on one "late night live" event.

She also was trying to get me to book the late nights live (after I said the premium package may not work for me) and said you can do to that Tuesdays and Thursdays (so 2 nights for $79 plus tax).

I am holding on the Premium Package as well. Have called two different times and they are unable to find the package and cannot provide many details.

I am assuming that each person gets the gift package, etc. And you pick one night for the Late Night Event.

Wish they would clarify if the Premium Access areas are open for the length of your stay or only for one particular day. Quite frustrating.

I am holding on the Premium Package as well. Have called two different times and they are unable to find the package and cannot provide many details.

I am assuming that each person gets the gift package, etc. And you pick one night for the Late Night Event.

Wish they would clarify if the Premium Access areas are open for the length of your stay or only for one particular day. Quite frustrating.

I have also booked the premium package but I did that as a solo booking and the late night event is the same day as my package which is on a Tuesday, I suppose I could have asked for it on Thursday instead of Tuesday but Tuesday works.

The phone agent was very confused so I didn't ask for extra details. I don't think they have them.

I do believe that it is per person so a couple gets 2 bottles of wine, 2 glasses, 2 bands.

I do not believe you get the bands in the mail. All other special magic bands you had to get them at WDW. they get linked up to your MDX there, and then you can use them.

What I'm not clear on is whether or not you can only use your credentials for the day you booked (I'm betting yes but if I can use them on Tuesday-Thursday that would be awesome) and whether the nighttime party includes any booze, but they give you a $50 gift card as part of your package so you could spring for some booze if you want, I'm sure.

I am holding on the Premium Package as well. Have called two different times and they are unable to find the package and cannot provide many details. I am assuming that each person gets the gift package, etc. And you pick one night for the Late Night Event. Wish they would clarify if the Premium Access areas are open for the length of your stay or only for one particular day. Quite frustrating.

I think it is pretty clear you get ONE day of premium package and ONE evening event. So you could do the package on Wed and the evening event on Thursday. Otherwise they would not sell the package by the day.

Question about the Culinary Deminars: Do they start promptly? The wife and I are booked for a 3pm slot on a Tuesday, but now I'm super intrigued by the Italian Beer Lunch from 1:30 to 3:30. I'd hate to throw away $30 (and I've already tried canceling/changing day).

Does anyone have experience with these events? Is there a set time you have to arrive to the deminar by? Or am I just being too optimistic in cramming these two events back to back?

Yes they start promptly unless something is wrong. The Festival Center events are tightly scheduled.

The Beer Lunch will probably run overtime. Meal events generally do.

You would have to leave Italy no later than 2:15 to get to the Festival Center by 3. Italy is not close to the Festival Center. And you would not be getting the best seat at the deminar. And once you book these, you are done, you can't cancel them. All you could do is pick up the tickets for your deminar earlier, then give them to someone else. They ask for ID so you would have to be the one to pick up the tickets.

I think it is pretty clear you get ONE day of premium package and ONE evening event. So you could do the package on Wed and the evening event on Thursday. Otherwise they would not sell the package by the day.

I don't think it's clear at all, but it makes the most sense to have the credentials valid ONLY for the day you booked. But it appears you can choose ONE late night event on any Tuesday or Thursday you'll be there. My package is Tuesday but I could have chosen to have the package Tuesday and the late night Thursday. If your package is Wednesday you get the package benefits Wednesday, but you can choose Tuesday or Thursday for your late night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter