• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

i dont even get a wait time, i just keep hearing this little squeaky voice (i think its mickey mouse) sayn "hang in there buddy":confused3

That's the event I'm hoping for. Glad I read this in case I need to know a different title for it. Thanks!!

The rep on the phone knew what the Parisian Breakfast was. The main thing is to make sure it's at Chefs de France at 9:00 am - nothing else is going to be that location and time.

do you have any idea what that "back door" was? I couldn't get it for 10/27.

Unfortunately, no. She tried to book the lunch on 10/15 and said nothing was coming up so it may be sold out. She tried then for the one on 10/18 and got the same behavior. So she went back and worked some magic and was able to book the 10/15. She said there are lots of ways to access the events through their system and she keeps trying until she is sure it is either available or full.

I got lucky with a great CM. Even tried to stay on to do the survey at the end of the call but the call cut off on me. Better then than during the bookings!

Another interesting MDE point...the Parisian Breakfast is called "F&W Marketplace VIP Access Chef Tour."

I guess that makes sense :confused3

I booked the Parisian Breakfast for 10/25, and it's listed as the same thing (F&W Marketplace VIP) on my MDE as well.

Anyone else found the Parisian breakfast called something different?:confused3

still on hold :guilty:

That was just the name of it on the MDE reservation. The agent on the phone was able to recognize what "Parisian Breakfast" meant. It most likely is called something closer to that in their system.

Just clarifying in case people see that name on MDE and are confused.

Called at seconds before 7, on hold for 38 minutes. I was heartbroken. I did manage to get Parisian Breakfast that I couldn't get when I called on the 29th, but I still couldn't get Sweet Seats for 3D Dessert that I wanted.:sad: Didn't take general admission. We feel the same way about PFTS. Without reserved seats, we'd wait for another year. (We don't have PFTS scheduled this year, though - sorry to sound confusing!). I also added a beverage seminar on 9/30 by Puerto Rico that I hadn't noticed earlier that I hope will be Rum! :thumbsup2

my Walt Disney dinner shows up in MDX as Healthy Living Dinner. Which it isn't, and it was in the CM's booking system as A Tribute to Walt Disney. Had I asked her to book the Healthy Living Dinner she would not have been able to find it.

Finally got through at 55 minute mark. Got a wonderful CM who was great.

I was able to get everything I wanted::cool1:

FW Premium Package - Oct. 23
French Regional Lunch - Oct. 19
French Regional Lunch - Oct. 22
Italian Regional Lunch - Oct. 24

The rep on the phone knew what the Parisian Breakfast was. The main thing is to make sure it's at Chefs de France at 9:00 am - nothing else is going to be that location and time.

Thanks! Will do! Still on hold, but it's only been 22 minutes. Sure hoping there is something left.

I started dialing at a few seconds to seven. I finally was in the queue at 7:14. I was on hold for 45 minutes. I got a great CM and was able to get wine view lounge for party for the senses for Saturday, October 4. I wanted reserved seating but that was not available. Everybody else good luck!

No WVL or Reserved Seating for 10/18. Only general seating left. I did get the Italian Regional F&W Pairing for 10/20. Took me almost 30 min to get through and then another 50 min on hold. CM was nice and apologized for me not getting the WVL, which we've done in previous years. Won't do the general cattle call for PFTS - too much like running of the Bulls - LOL!

Good luck to all still trying to get their reservations!

Working my way through the entire Magic Kingdom music library, I guess. Punctuated by alarming bursts of static and what I suspect might be Darth Vader doing a heavy-breathing call. 40 minutes and counting.

Still on hold. Any word on booking for the Eat to the Beat dining Packages??

I dialed the number 52 times before I even got to the automation then I got the dreaded silent phone hold was on that for 50 mins before I HAD to hang up as I was already arriving at work. Not holding out hope for Robert Irvine on the 27th but still hoping I can get my Pairisian breakfast

finally done! got through to hold after 45 minutes of calling and then on hold for just short of an hour but we got our Parisian bfast 9/27. so so excited :cheer2: good luck everyone!!

PS: it showed up on the app different for us, too - it just looks like a 9am dining reservation at Chefs de France :0

Got through fairly soon but was on hold for about 40 minutes. Either they had computer problems or she was new. She had to re-enter the events 2 or 3 times to get them logged. She was nice and I was patient (not a normal state for me but my wife was there to help me).

We booked:
French Regional Lunch 10/19
Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing 10/22
Parisian Breakfast 10/25
Italian Food and Beer Pairing 10/28
Mexican Tequila Pairing 10/30
French Regional Lunch 10/31

That should keep us busy and well fed. Retirement is GREAT! :banana:

finally got thru, didnt matter no more reserved for the walt show. i called visa presale other day and was told i bought reserved but checked the charge on the credit card and it was lower than expected. called back and visa reserved was sold out. appears she sold me GA so i was just going to see if i can "upgrade" today.

Called at 7, was on hold for about 20 minutes. I was able to get Reserved Seating for the 11/01 PFTS! Confirmed that it really was reserved seating with the agent (I had issues during the Chase Visa window).

The booking immediately showed up in MDE (even before my call ended). The listing in MDE even shows that it is Reserved Seating. So relieved to finally get it booked correctly and I am very excited to attend my first PFTS!

I called exactly at 7:00 am was on hold for 6 minutes and got a great CM. We were able to book Flying Fish Signature 10/30, Italian Regional Lunch 10/27, and PFTS 10/25 Wine View Lounge (no Reserved seating left). We got everything we wanted. Doing the happy dance!
Choose magical on the ending survey :thumbsup2

finally got thru, didnt matter no more reserved for the walt show. i called visa presale other day and was told i bought reserved but checked the charge on the credit card and it was lower than expected. called back and visa reserved was sold out. appears she sold me GA so i was just going to see if i can "upgrade" today.

Good luck, I was able to "upgrade" this morning. It's showing up on MDE as: "Scotland, land of food and drink." LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter