• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

So I got right through this morning... at exactly 7am.. there was no hold music just silence :confused3 I waited about 15 mins and then had to hang up because I had an appt to get to :furious: I have no idea if I was even in the que because there was no other messages or music :( Anyway of course when I called back NOTHING is available :worried: I know the public sales happen on Thursday, but the email for Chase cardholders said pre sale 29th and 30th... so does this mean a few more spots might open up tomorrow morning at 7am? or do I have to just try on Thursday?? I'm staying club level and called to have them book and the CM wasn't very helpful so I don't want to take the chance with them even though I let them book everything for F&W last year and I got everything I wanted.

So frustrating this morning....

Thank you

~N

I thought today was the only early booking day for Disney Visa cardholders. I just reread the email they sent and it does say it is for both today and tomorrow. Well that's just great, now I have to get up early again tomorrow to see if they've opened up anymore spaces for what I want. And then again on Thursday
morning.

I thought today was the only early booking day for Disney Visa cardholders. I just reread the email they sent and it does say it is for both today and tomorrow. Well that's just great, now I have to get up early again tomorrow to see if they've opened up anymore spaces for what I want. And then again on Thursday
morning.

Well I'll be right there with you! I'm working tomorrow, but I said until I get through I will not be leaving for work!

Good luck!
~N

Congrats to you!

I really had no choice... I'm moving from NYC to Dallas Tx in September. Had to go do something this morning with the DH who just really doesn't understand how Disney NUTS I am.... maybe he does, but the plans he had this morning just couldn't wait... I will do the same thing on Thursday and I have already let it be known DO NOT ASK ME TO DO ANYTHING OR YOU WON'T BE HAVING TEQUILA OR HABACHI OR SUNDAY BRUNCH AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT A PARISIAN BREAKFAST!!! :)

~N

Good luck! pixiedust: I hope to see you posting on Dis_Yoda's thread that you got all your events! ;)

Best wishes for your move. Although I moved from NYC many years ago, it will always hold a special place in my heart. Dallas is an awesome city and it would be on my short list for our next move! :thumbsup2

Good luck! pixiedust: I hope to see you posting on Dis_Yoda's thread that you got all your events! ;)

Best wishes for your move. Although I moved from NYC many years ago, it will always hold a special place in my heart. Dallas is an awesome city and it would be on my short list for our next move! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I do love NYC that's for sure, but I miss my daughter and that's where she has settled, so I have to go!!! I hope to be posting soon that there were in fact openings for F&W this morning and I got all my requests met!!

Fingers crossed!!

~N

ETA: All sold out, so my guess is the limited number was to include both days, but they sold the limited number all on the same day... so to me it is silly to give a 2 day calling period and sell the limited number all on day 1.. I think there should have been a limited number on day 1 and then again on day 2, because you know you are going to sell all on day 1 and won't need day 2 ...Just my opinion!! Gotta love Disney!! Ok off to word and up early again tomorrow to try again!!

Called at 7, and got right through. Unfortunately, nothing opened up for Sunday Mornings with Alex Guarnaschelli on November 9.

I'll have to try my luck with general booking tomorrow!

Thanks! I do love NYC that's for sure, but I miss my daughter and that's where she has settled, so I have to go!!! I hope to be posting soon that there were in fact openings for F&W this morning and I got all my requests met!! Fingers crossed!! ~N ETA: All sold out, so my guess is the limited number was to include both days, but they sold the limited number all on the same day... so to me it is silly to give a 2 day calling period and sell the limited number all on day 1.. I think there should have been a limited number on day 1 and then again on day 2, because you know you are going to sell all on day 1 and won't need day 2 ...Just my opinion!! Gotta love Disney!! Ok off to word and up early again tomorrow to try again!!

I think they did it this way because the 2015 pricing and packages come out today so they expect the call centers to busy with that.

Chisoxcollector said:
Called at 7, and got right through. Unfortunately, nothing opened up for Sunday Mornings with Alex Guarnaschelli on November 9.

I'll have to try my luck with general booking tomorrow!

I'm trying for this too! I tried yesterday but I got through too late as well. Good luck tomorrow!

So I got right through this morning... at exactly 7am.. there was no hold music just silence :confused3 I waited about 15 mins and then had to hang up because I had an appt to get to :furious: I have no idea if I was even in the que because there was no other messages or music :( Anyway of course when I called back NOTHING is available :worried: I know the public sales happen on Thursday, but the email for Chase cardholders said pre sale 29th and 30th... so does this mean a few more spots might open up tomorrow morning at 7am? or do I have to just try on Thursday?? I'm staying club level and called to have them book and the CM wasn't very helpful so I don't want to take the chance with them even though I let them book everything for F&W last year and I got everything I wanted.

So frustrating this morning....

Thank you

~N

Ahead of the general booking tomorrow, I want to encourage reading of the Booking Tutorial in post #2...I've been made aware as I am every year that folks don't read the first posts, they just hop right to the end of the thread. The #1 piece of advice on there is that when you get through (and you'll know when you get through) then do NOT hang up, even if you don't hear any hold music. Because sometimes that happens.

If you have to hang up for one reason or another, then you have to - but redialing puts you right back at the end of the queue, assuming the circuits are not all busy by the time you redial.

Personally I would never ever give them a resort reservation number but that comes with having multiple reservations and their wanting to match up each event to the correct reservation. Anything that takes time will detract from your ability to book popular events. If you only have one reservation then go for it.

They will not be opening any new slots today. You have to wait until tomorrow for that.

.....oh, guys, I just remembered something:

When I called on the 29th to book the deminar, I had mentioned to the CM how I was leery to book anything else [my DH has Celiac] because of some of the steep price tags. For instance, it'd be a shame to pay almost $100/pp for the Italian lunch, when a lot of those food products contain wheat. She assured me that, since this has become a very common food issue [GF], they accommodate for that, as long as you let the CM know at time of booking....:thumbsup2

agreed, if you have allergies or medical conditions and you are attending one of the sit-down events held in a restaurant, let them know when you are booking that you have food restrictions. I have seen special plates prepared for allergic persons. (Remember this is more difficult at the deminars. If you know you can't eat what is listed as their main ingredient I would advise not to book that deminar anticipating that they will make you something else.)

Is it best to use the 12 digit reference number or the MDE reference number of numbers and letters?

Thank you - I did look on the 2nd page but couldn't find anything that specific to red numbers :)

Is it best to use the 12 digit reference number or the MDE reference number of numbers and letters? Thank you - I did look on the 2nd page but couldn't find anything that specific to red numbers :)

For the resort reservation number I used the 12-digit number -- worked like a charm. She pulled up everything in seconds and just did a quick verification of the address.

I know everyone here is talking about reservation and special events and all... But I have a question!

Me and my sis are going for the first time to WDW! It's my first time ever, and I've been wanting to visit since I was 4 (I'm 19 now...) so you can imagine how excited I am (':

Our Epcot day is on the 14th, a Tuesday. I assume it's a pretty good day, even though it will be full. We want to have some fun in the rides and attractions, but also wanted to try good food at the Festival (and on the World Showcase overall). Should we start our snacking first and plan and fastpass stuff on the evening or vice-versa?

Also, being the big child I am, I want to buy one of those passport for the Kidcot areas (yes, I want to visit those...:eeyore:), and I read somewhere that the food stands at the Festival also will stamp them for you... Is that true?

Any advice will be very much appreciated! I'm so glad I found so many WDW boards and websites, it's helping me a lot :goodvibes:

I've decided against setting up any deminars or lunches. I was on hold for an hour yesterday and had to hang up because of, you know, life. :laundy: lol!

I just decided to take my cash to the booths and whatever $15 seminars they have going on our Epcot days. I really don't want to go through that stress.

Good luck to everyone getting a spot!!!

I know everyone here is talking about reservation and special events and all... But I have a question! Me and my sis are going for the first time to WDW! It's my first time ever, and I've been wanting to visit since I was 4 (I'm 19 now...) so you can imagine how excited I am (': Our Epcot day is on the 14th, a Tuesday. I assume it's a pretty good day, even though it will be full. We want to have some fun in the rides and attractions, but also wanted to try good food at the Festival (and on the World Showcase overall). Should we start our snacking first and plan and fastpass stuff on the evening or vice-versa? Also, being the big child I am, I want to buy one of those passport for the Kidcot areas (yes, I want to visit those...:eeyore:), and I read somewhere that the food stands at the Festival also will stamp them for you... Is that true? Any advice will be very much appreciated! I'm so glad I found so many WDW boards and websites, it's helping me a lot :goodvibes:

First - YAY! Y'all will have a blast.

Second - Tuesday shouldn't be extremely crowed for F&W, but night and weekends are. World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00, so I would check out Future World rides first.

Third - the kidcot passports are awesome. I think mine was $10 for the passport, a big button, and stickers. You can also ask them to write a certain word/phrase in their language. "Sisters" would be awesome! I think they usually write hello or welcome. F&W has a separate passport (I think it's free?) that gets stamped after you order something from their booth. I have no clue about combining them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter