2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Called in right at 7, on hold for over an hour. Of the 4 events we wanted all we got was Brown Derby on Oct. 2. No FRL on Oct. 24, or Parisian breakfast on Oct. 4 and CM couldn't even find the Jiko dinner on Oct. 23. I guess I'll be on hold again on Wed.

If you want to call back, have the next agent look under DVC Culinary Event - Jiko. I saw it in our system for the 1st time yesterday. Hope that helps!:)

Just got thru for the 2nd time. I asked if it was right in their system and they said yes. She read it back to me with all the right info. So it is just showing up wrong. Makes me feel better that I called backed. My wait for the second time was only 29 min.

Laura

Yes, I think as long as the date, time, location, and price are correct, we don't need to worry. That's something in the system that I don't think the CM can change. Epcot will probably eventually correct the name.....or, maybe not!

just got the walt dinner, reg. seating..she didnt give me the option for reserved? u think the reserved is worth the xtra 20 bucks a ticket? i dont know any details about the dinner except she told me its a dinner offering walts fav. foods, coupled with wines and how the foods relate to disney. the part i asked about was she told me time was 7:30-10. so i asked if there would be a illuminations viewing area and she said no. i thought that was odd. anybody know any more info on this dinner?

The main reason I booked the reserved seating is that I will be going to this alone, and when I've done previous similar type unreserved seating events (such as PFTS), I was often without a table to go to with my food since there was no one else in my party to hold a table and it ended up being kind of a mess! Have no idea what this will be like, though. I hope there is some type of presentation that goes along with each decade.

I just called with no hold guess that should have sent off alarms. :eek: Nothing I wanted was available. My fault for not calling earlier but was running around since 6:30.

It was typical last year that if you were on hold for an hour or longer, everything for the prebooking was sold out.

They only allow a few slots at each event for prebooking. Everything else will go on sale on Thursday.

Does anyone know how fast the WVL sold out on the day it was open to everyone for booking?

WVL typically sells out the first day, within a few hours of opening.

If you want to call back, have the next agent look under DVC Culinary Event - Jiko. I saw it in our system for the 1st time yesterday. Hope that helps!:)

Thank you. I called back, CM found the Jiko dinner and before she could book it the call dropped. Back on hold and when I got thru it was fully booked. I wonder how many places or what percentage are reserved for Visa. As I said, I'll call back on Wed. at 7. Imagine what the hold time will be then.

I wonder how many places or what percentage are reserved for Visa.

At small events like signature dinners I believe it can be as few as 2 slots.

As I said, I'll call back on Wed. at 7. Imagine what the hold time will be then.

General booking day is Thursday, July 31.

the only events you will be able to book online are:

General admission for PFTS
General admission for 3D Dessert
Culinary demonstrations
Beverage seminars
Mixology seminars

Not sure if general admission for the Walt Disney dinner event on October 24 will be for sale online or not.

called at 7:03 and was on hold for an hour... got through at 8:04 and neither WVL or Reserved available for the 25 Oct PFTS :(

am going to be there for a conference so this is the only date we can do... now have to try it all over again on Thursday - please wish me luck!

I was able to book the Tequila Lunch for 11/01 and what I THOUGHT was reserved seating for PFTS for 10/25. After completing my call I saw the post on this thread from Inkmahm who thought they had booked reserved seating for the Walt dinner and were only charged for GA.

I checked my CC and I had only been charged for GA for PFTS. Called back and confirmed that my ticket was for GA. CM said that all reserved seating for either of the PFTS dates that would work for me were booked. The CM was so sweet and canceled the GA ticket for me, as I can't stand for long periods due to an injury.

Thanks so much to the helpful posters on this board, especially Inkmahm, for posting about this happening with their tickets. If it hadn't been for your posts I would have had a very nasty surprise when I arrived at PFTS.

If you booked reserved seating for PFTS it should have cost you $200.49 per person including tax. If you were charged less than $200 you probably have general admission.

Walt event general admission works out to $104.66 pp including tax.

If you want to change categories, you can try on Thursday but you'll have to reach them before the category you want sells out, plus get a CM who understands what you are trying to do.

This year I am only interested in the eat to beat dining packages. Can you book that today? I saw on allears that you can do in online july 31st. I am a disney visa card holder but do not want to be on hold for hours unnecessarily. Thank you! Good Luck to everyone today

The lines seem to have died down. I just called for a 2nd time and immediately got through. For anyone curious the Tribute to Walt Dinner (General Admission only) DV allotment was still available as of 10 minutes ago.

This year I am only interested in the eat to beat dining packages. Can you book that today? I saw on allears that you can do in online july 31st. I am a disney visa card holder but do not want to be on hold for hours unnecessarily. Thank you! Good Luck to everyone today

Just called back to double check something and got right through...can't hurt to try!!

Just called back to double check something and got right through...can't hurt to try!!

I got right through as well. The cast member said you can not book eat to the beat packages until thursday even if you are disney visa card holder.

does anyone know when the schedule for the culinary and beverage demos will be available? I thought it came out this day last year but am not certain.
Drew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter