2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

....your park ticket gives you admission into Epcot. However, the kiosks have food FOR SALE - they aren't 'free samples'. There are also many kinds of activities that have varying prices like breakfasts in France, to lunch in Italy, to a host of other things....

Ooooh ok.. So its free event but all food is addition costs.. No free samples... is there a previous list of things n prices.. Are they like 10$ meals or 2$ snacks.. Just curious..

Have any of you made reservations for lunch or dinner at Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival? Although I have two ADR's I'm thinking we probably will not need them with all the food available everywhere. We are traveling with kids, so I thought it might be beneficial to be able to sit down.

gorjus121 said:
Do any of you make reservations for lunch or dinner at Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival? Although I have two ADR's I'm thinking we probably will not need them with all the food available everywhere. We are traveling with kids, so I thought it might be beneficial to be able to sit down.

Yes. I have a resevation on one evening for via napoli because I love the place.

disney food blog has lots of info up. The food was about 6.50 each, alcoholic/speciality drinks were up to 9 dollars i beleive.

Ooooh ok.. So its free event but all food is addition costs.. No free samples... is there a previous list of things n prices.. Are they like 10$ meals or 2$ snacks.. Just curious..
In years past, most of the items at the booths are around $5.00-6.00 each. Sometimes they are more, sometimes they are a little less.
We'll use that estimate again this year.

Just a piece of useless trivia...

Last year, if you tasted (food and drink) one of everything at every festival booth and specialty drink booth (such as Block & Hans but not including refreshment stands), you would have spent $954.75. :eek:

It's a "free" event to the extent that they don't charge you extra to enter the parts of Epcot where F&W-related events are taking place. If you want to participate by trying food or a beverage at the booths in the WS, attend a culinary, beverage or mixology demonstration then you do pay extra. Last year the items in the booths ranged from just under $4 to $13 (for the larger beer flights or champagne) or so but they go up every year. There were some tiny desserts available for under $2. Take a look at LAST YEAR's menus and prices to give you some idea of what's available: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-...val-marketplace-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

This year the demonstrations are $15 per person and many of those need to be reserved in advance though there may be some tickets available on the day.

If you want to attend the fancier events (and there are lots of them) prices range from $39 (for the French Breakfast) up to hundreds of dollars per person (for reserved seating at the Party for the Senses) and advanced reservations are required.

There are at least two free samples available. There is a Ghirardelli exhibit in the festival headquarters building and you can get a free chocolate there (the same ones they hand out in the store at DTD.) You can get a little bag of Craisins at the cranberry bog exhibit. If you have a Chase VISA card (not sure if it has to be the Disney card or any Chase VISA) you can visit the Chase Lounge and get a free soda. ETA: Oh, and one year I remember there were times when they were handing out free thimble-sized samples of wine in the wine shop. In other words, if you want to enjoy the "free" festival, plan on spending some money!

Last year, if you tasted (food and drink) one of everything at every festival booth and specialty drink booth (such as Block & Hans but not including refreshment stands), you would have spent $954.75. :eek:

Good thing I saved up. This is the first year where they something at every booth that I want to eat and I fully intend to. Sorry ahead of time bank account and future poor me :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

We usually had one item per booth- some we skipped

I have read through some of this thread, but not all, so please forgive me if this has been asked. Our last day in The World is F&W opening day, and I imagine it will be super crowded. However, I have read that the day before is "soft opening" day, and the booths may be open with food available. Would we be able to enjoy the food without the crowds if we went Thursday afternoon?

Two questions if anyone can chime in. Having looked at the menu's I now realize that 2 visits to the marketplace may not be enough for dh and I to try everything we wish to try. Currently we're planning on 2 Monday evenings namely the 29th of Sept and Oct 6th. I can also add Sat the 27th for lunch around 11:00 am(while we're still at the Dolphin) if opinions are that the booths wont be totally mobbed by that time. If they are then we'll make do and just cut some items. Comments?

Also I found a booth map from 2 yrs ago. Save and except the couple of booths that have chgd are the locations basically the same ? Does anyone know when maps for this yr will be available ?

This is our first F&W so we're trying to gauge our steps :)

Got an email as a Disney Visa cardholder. Looks like on the 29th we can only book:

Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars
“3D” Disney Dessert Discovery

Is that what everyone else understands?

Laura

This is EXACTLY why I saved extra for this trip! We want to try at least 1 thing from each booth, 2 things from others!

Got an email as a Disney Visa cardholder. Looks like on the 29th we can only book:

Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars

Laura

That is correct information.

Got an email as a Disney Visa cardholder. Looks like on the 29th we can only book: Culinary Demonstrations Mixology Seminars Wine Schools Cheese Seminars “3D” Disney Dessert Discovery Is that what everyone else understands? Laura

All I know is I plan to try to book PFTS. I got lucky last year :)

Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars

Laura

To be fair, that is what they announced last year when there were actually spots for additional events as well.

I will be trying for all 3 of the events I want Tuesday either way.

So if I want reserved seats for PFTS, Frunch, and the Hibachi Exp. I should still try to call on the 29th?

Laura

* burp *

....how much of that $954.75 would be on toilet paper? popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter