• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Just booked our trip for 1st week in Nov & Food Fest!
We have been 2 times before-but this is first staying at Boardwalk area-super excited:cool1:

So excited for this year's F&W festival! We are staying at Beach Club so we can wander over often. I can't wait for the all the seminar and event info to be released.

Has anyone attended the chocolate seminar before? I am crossing my fingers that Jacques Torres will be doing a seminar again this year while we are there. Hopefully as an AP holder I can get our reservations a little early for this. If it all works out, my awesome DH is going to keep the baby so I can surprise my mom and take her to the chocolate seminar. We are (and come from) a family of bakers so this would be extra special for her & I do together.

So excited!!

It is a big assumption that things will be the same as last year, but if everything is, you will not be able to book the chocolate seminar early as an AP holder. The only things AP holders could book early were the low-cost ($11-15) seminars and demonstrations held at the Festival Center, and general admission for the large events at the World Showplace, like Party for the Senses and the 3D dessert party.

If the chocolate seminar you refer to is the Discovery of Chocolate event that was offered last year, you will probably not be able to book it early as an AP holder but you may be able to book a day ahead if you have a Disney Visa card. We don't know anything for sure yet though. Most likely, you will be booking that on the regular booking date.

According to the Disney webpage, Chase will again be the sponsor of the festival, but we have no current info for 2014 regarding special accommodations for Chase members like prebooking or the Chase lounge yet.

It is a big assumption that things will be the same as last year, but if everything is, you will not be able to book the chocolate seminar early as an AP holder. The only things AP holders could book early were the low-cost ($11-15) seminars and demonstrations held at the Festival Center, and general admission for the large events at the World Showplace, like Party for the Senses and the 3D dessert party.

If the chocolate seminar you refer to is the Discovery of Chocolate event that was offered last year, you will probably not be able to book it early as an AP holder but you may be able to book a day ahead if you have a Disney Visa card. We don't know anything for sure yet though. Most likely, you will be booking that on the regular booking date.

According to the Disney webpage, Chase will again be the sponsor of the festival, but we have no current info for 2014 regarding special accommodations for Chase members like prebooking or the Chase lounge yet.

Thanks. Do you know where to find the most update info as far as when things will be released? If it is this thread then I will stalk it (just like I did the SWW thread to get our Mark Hamill FP+) but if there is another site I should be following I will check them out as well.

So this is our first time going to the Food and Wine and we are celebrating my DD 21'st birthday. We have a large group of family and friends going and I am trying to think of favor ideas. I am going to be doing the group t-shirts. I was also thinking of individual trays, kind of like this:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/wine-n-dine-party-plate/3250804?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_dining_&gclid=CjgKEAjwuMmdBRDljdfi2_qQpxkSJADDCRwssKrY-ZGVwIyHPmaHcQgUTumgiZuRvwxJUJd-MBumrfD_BwE

Would this be useful?

My daughter and I will be there the first week of November and I can't wait!! I have never been to Food and Wine Festival before, so really looking forward to it! :) Staying at the Swan too, so easy to walk over! LOL

So this is our first time going to the Food and Wine and we are celebrating my DD 21'st birthday. We have a large group of family and friends going and I am trying to think of favor ideas. I am going to be doing the group t-shirts. I was also thinking of individual trays, kind of like this:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/wine-n-dine-party-plate/3250804?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_dining_&gclid=CjgKEAjwuMmdBRDljdfi2_qQpxkSJADDCRwssKrY-ZGVwIyHPmaHcQgUTumgiZuRvwxJUJd-MBumrfD_BwE

Would this be useful?

Remember the wine glasses are not full size so you run a risk of the small plastic wine glasses falling through the holder. Personally these are too big for me to want to carry around.

Disney had a small square plastic one with a lip all around it that worked well last year

There is a picture of the Disney option here. http://diningatdisney.com/first-loo...ble-at-the-2013-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

This may be a silly question, but this will be my first trip to WDW and we just happened to be coming during the Food & Wine festival! Yay for serendipitous timing! This isn't strictly a F&W question, but: how does evening EMH work at Epcot? I know that at the other parks they check to see if you are staying at an appropriate resort before you get on any rides...but there aren't a lot of rides at Epcot, at least not in the countries area, which is where we will be spending most of our time. Would we run into any problems trying to buy food or souvenirs if we were there during EMH? Do they actually try to herd people out if they are not eligible for EMH? I would love to stay on-site sometime, but this time we really have to use up our RCI timeshare week or we're going to lose it, so we'll be offsite.

Thanks. Do you know where to find the most update info as far as when things will be released? If it is this thread then I will stalk it (just like I did the SWW thread to get our Mark Hamill FP+) but if there is another site I should be following I will check them out as well.

This thread or the Disney Food Blog. There is a link on the first post of this sticky thread. Information should start being released on Saturday evening, July 19th.

This may be a silly question, but this will be my first trip to WDW and we just happened to be coming during the Food & Wine festival! Yay for serendipitous timing! This isn't strictly a F&W question, but: how does evening EMH work at Epcot? I know that at the other parks they check to see if you are staying at an appropriate resort before you get on any rides...but there aren't a lot of rides at Epcot, at least not in the countries area, which is where we will be spending most of our time. Would we run into any problems trying to buy food or souvenirs if we were there during EMH? Do they actually try to herd people out if they are not eligible for EMH? I would love to stay on-site sometime, but this time we really have to use up our RCI timeshare week or we're going to lose it, so we'll be offsite.

You won't be able to access any attractions if you're not staying at a Disney resort or a participating resort. I don't know about buying food but there will not be much open in the way of food. The Festival booths will not be open during EMH.

I like it! I may get some for us. We were always juggling so this would help. While not all great beverages come in wine glasses, but this would be great. Congrats to DD and to a Mom for surviving it!

We didn't get to go last year because we went to New Zealand for 2 weeks but this year I'm thinking the last week in October for us. :cool1::flower3: I hope they still have those little steak filets the Canadian kiosk.

No need for a debate...we all have our own foods (and beverages) we like and don't like. And they're not always the same. It's all good!

I was personally a little disappointed with the s'mores drink too. I really wanted to like it. I thought the concept was great! In the end, it just didn't do it for me. I think it wasn't as chocolately as I thought it would be.

If they have it again this year, I'll probably try it again. Like I said, I like the concept. Maybe the one I got just wasn't executed very well.

After having my first portion of the curry from Singapore, that I loved, I overheard a chef next to the booth, on his phone, telling the person on the other end that it didn't taste right. So, not everything is always the way it's supposed to be every time.

Thanks for being so nice!! While playing in other forums & pages I find that it's setting yourself up for attack to have an opinion. I love playing here! You are so right about things not always being correct each time. Oh, well!! Still happy to be in Disney. I'm really looking forward to reading about all the experiences that everyone will share about the F&WF. Since the pork belly is returning, I'm also fervently hoping the 3D party comes back!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I noticed some folks talking about the plates. I hope the link helps. These plates were only 8.25" & are $10.56 after the coupon code "FRIEND" 25% down form $14.10 for 50 of 'em. Depending on your luggage space, that's sounds like a plan. I can just have a new one everyday for everyone in my party & they won't take up much space in my bag.

I noticed some folks talking about the plates. I hope the link helps. These plates were only 8.25" & are $10.56 after the coupon code "FRIEND" 25% down form $14.10 for 50 of 'em. Depending on your luggage space, that's sounds like a plan. I can just have a new one everyday for everyone in my party & they won't take up much space in my bag.

Those are kind of cool! Looking into them myself now. They would be great around the house for carrying a little snack out to the patio too. And they are recyclable.

Again, the issue is the size of the wine glasses. I am sure they will fall through the opening. However... the beer glasses ought to fit nicely! There is the issue of shipping costs, though. To get them to my house in Virginia would cost over $11.00 :eek:

41clfx0uWKL.jpg

i remember reading in the past that there has been hard ticket little parties at epcot in october on certain days. maybe like a wishes dessert party, not the new dessert party epcot now has. these parties also had prefered fireworks viewing. just thrown this out there in case anyone new anything about this....tia

Those are kind of cool! Looking into them myself now. They would be great around the house for carrying a little snack out to the patio too. And they are recyclable.

Again, the issue is the size of the wine glasses. I am sure they will fall through the opening. However... the beer glasses ought to fit nicely! There is the issue of shipping costs, though. To get them to my house in Virginia would cost over $11.00 :eek:

41clfx0uWKL.jpg

WOW!! I didn't even check S&H. :scared1: I don't know why, but I didn't realize the cup holder was hole. I thought it was just a section w/ a lip. :headache:

i remember reading in the past that there has been hard ticket little parties at epcot in october on certain days. maybe like a wishes dessert party, not the new dessert party epcot now has. these parties also had prefered fireworks viewing. just thrown this out there in case anyone new anything about this....tia

You're so right! The 3D party is what I'm hoping comes back this year. Just no info about it yet. I loved having Sweet Seats!!!! There is also the Party of the Senses. Don't know if there are any others. OoOoOh...wouldn't it be great if Disney came out with something else!?

There have been such things arranged as private parties, usually by various blogs or other Disney fan networks...Disney Food Blog does one. It is open to the public if you sign up through the sponsoring website, but this sort of event is not offered or sponsored by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter