2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

We did the DDD last year and had a blast! That was also our C2C race - which is still my favorite medal!

Good luck to everyone and have a great race... Or two!

I had to skip the meet as well. If anyone is up for a meet tomorrow or Sunday let me know!

I'd love to know, too. We get in tomorrow for our actual stay, and I'm trying to take it easy. Especially since I might have hurt myself today. My brother insists it's "phantom pain from tapering" but I'm not sure. Since I didn't actually have a taper. (more than slightly scared)

I will be hanging around the Disneyland Hotel and the Expo all day tomorrow and would possibly be interested in meeting up with a few more DIS'ers if there is a time and place you'd like to meet. It was great to meet the few who made it today!

I'm going to try and put together something more official for a meet up for those of us doing future runDisney events here at Disneyland.

What'd everyone think of the 10K? I thought it was super organized with a lot of great CM support around the course. I was disappointed that there was zero entertainment on the non-Disney sections. I understand that Disney doesn't control those areas, but they could still put some bands or something out there like almost every other road race.

There were also some great photo ops (and I stopped for every one) but I was surprised how few character stops there were. The parade floats were okay, but not the same as character stops.

Looking forward to tomorrow! I hope the weather stays cool - it was perfect this morning. I was actually chilly walking back to my hotel before 7am.

Well guess who is headed back to the expo for the third time after she cleans up? My chip didn't register right and gave me a time of 2:00ish. Yeah no I didn't start with the A corral.

I know they will probably fix it but I just kind of want an explanation. And want to know if they will fix it before tomorrow morning. Because I need this time for WDW Full and I don't want to spend time talking with RunDisney on the phone if I don't have to.

Well guess who is headed back to the expo for the third time after she cleans up? My chip didn't register right and gave me a time of 2:00ish. Yeah no I didn't start with the A corral. I know they will probably fix it but I just kind of want an explanation. And want to know if they will fix it before tomorrow morning. Because I need this time for WDW Full and I don't want to spend time talking with RunDisney on the phone if I don't have to.

I had the same issue as well. I wonder how many people this happened to. I'll be headed to the expo to try and fix the problem before tomorrow's 1/2 marathon.

What'd everyone think of the 10K? I thought it was super organized with a lot of great CM support around the course. I was disappointed that there was zero entertainment on the non-Disney sections. I understand that Disney doesn't control those areas, but they could still put some bands or something out there like almost every other road race.

There were also some great photo ops (and I stopped for every one) but I was surprised how few character stops there were. The parade floats were okay, but not the same as character stops.

Looking forward to tomorrow! I hope the weather stays cool - it was perfect this morning. I was actually chilly walking back to my hotel before 7am.

I'm just excited that I got to see the pumpkin Mickey head backstage. That means Halloween time is almost here!

I had the same issue as well. I wonder how many people this happened to. I'll be headed to the expo to try and fix the problem before tomorrow's 1/2 marathon.

Let me know how it goes on your end!

I keep trying to get into the New Balance virtual que to get shoes today, but it says it is closed as of yesterday at 1:15pm...? I thought it reopened each morning for that day? Tried at about 7am this morning and again just now. I would really like some shoes without waiting hours and hours.

Enjoyed the 10k. Liked that so much of it was in the parks - especially DCA lit up. And sorry but the nerd in me liked the way they got people back through Downtown Disney after the race by switching people back and forth. Pretty ingenious.

I keep trying to get into the New Balance virtual que to get shoes today, but it says it is closed as of yesterday at 1:15pm...? I thought it reopened each morning for that day? Tried at about 7am this morning and again just now. I would really like some shoes without waiting hours and hours.

This morning it was supposed to be open to everyone including non runners I remember reading yesterday. Maybe the website is having problems because of that? Best bet might be to go straight to the expo.

Enjoyed the 10k. Liked that so much of it was in the parks - especially DCA lit up. And sorry but the nerd in me liked the way they got people back through Downtown Disney after the race by switching people back and forth. Pretty ingenious.

I agree! That was totally cool.

A great idea, yeah...but very poor execution. I waited for almost half an hour to m get across at one point (by Jamba Juice) IIRC. They were not switching back and forth fast enough.

Had a great time at the 5K with DD9 yesterday
C9429551-C7FC-4ACC-B49F-779F0AA15371_zpsp6rbcuyj.jpg

And at the 10K today
55C6F820-B873-47DE-9D5C-270F1152AFA0_zpsg9bf4p2i.jpg

Good luck to everyone doing the Half tomorrow (and especially those finishing the DDD!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hope everyone had a great time during the 10k this morning! I am running the half only this year because I was originally flying in Saturday morning, but changed my schedule to arrive Friday a few months ago. I'll admit, it was really hard yesterday watching everyone (including my running buddy) pick up their DDD stuff, especially since the DDD shirt itself is so cute and the half shirt is so ugly.

I'll admit it, though, I had a blast this morning watching the race and cheering on the runners, and don't regret not getting to run anymore. I was standing right after mile 6 with a sign that said "you're totally winning!", and it was fun to see all the laughs and smiles it provoked. AND, and I ended up chatting with Sean Astin for about 15 minutes, which was both random and awesome.

I have to admit, I have undertrained for the race this time, and I'm a little nervous that it will not go well, but all I can do is my best. See you all on the course tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a great time during the 10k this morning! I am running the half only this year because I was originally flying in Saturday morning, but changed my schedule to arrive Friday a few months ago. I'll admit, it was really hard yesterday watching everyone (including my running buddy) pick up their DDD stuff, especially since the DDD shirt itself is so cute and the half shirt is so ugly.

I'll admit it, though, I had a blast this morning watching the race and cheering on the runners, and don't regret not getting to run anymore. I was standing right after mile 6 with a sign that said "you're totally winning!", and it was fun to see all the laughs and smiles it provoked. AND, and I ended up chatting with Sean Astin for about 15 minutes, which was both random and awesome.

I have to admit, I have undertrained for the race this time, and I'm a little nervous that it will not go well, but all I can do is my best. See you all on the course tomorrow!

Hey! I didn't realize you were a DISer when you asked me to take your photo with your running buddy after the 10k. I hope the photo my DH took turned out well.

I hope your half went well today. -- Suzanne

I LOVED the half! The villains by Matterhorn and IASW were amazing and I got all three shots in just a couple of minutes. The support in Anaheim was great and running through the stadium was awesome.

My time sucked - I think spending the day at the beach yesterday was a mistake. I didn't eat much for dinner because of the sun and I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. But I got my C2C medal and I'm having breakfast with Minnie shortly!

Haha, awesome! It's funny how that happens sometimes. The picture turned out great, thanks again! The race today was rough for me because I skimped on my training this time around, but I'm grateful it was overcast for most of the race at least.

Haha, awesome! It's funny how that happens sometimes. The picture turned out great, thanks again! The race today was rough for me because I skimped on my training this time around, but I'm grateful it was overcast for most of the race at least.

I hope everyone enjoyed their events this weekend! Definitely come back and tell us about your experience. I, going to post my own within the next couple of days, but I thought the half today was just perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter