2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple days of our trip at the YC will be during the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (we're not participating in the race events). How might that impact our stay at YC?

Our plans (yes, it's a little far ahead to be planning our day-by-day but, hey, I'm on a WDW planning website during the workday, right?) have us doing Epcot that Friday night, our final night. Mistake?

The last couple days of our trip at the YC will be during the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (we're not participating in the race events). How might that impact our stay at YC?

Our plans (yes, it's a little far ahead to be planning our day-by-day but, hey, I'm on a WDW planning website during the workday, right?) have us doing Epcot that Friday night, our final night. Mistake?

I have ran the Princess Half Marathon 4 times, 2015 will be my fifth.
I have not stayed at an Epcot Resort for the race weekend but I can help answer some questions about the weekend.

I think the main thing you will notice is that resort lobby will be busy before and after the race. There is a race /expo only bus that takes the runners to the start for the race and to the expo. After the races you may find that the pool/hot tub is busy. Epcot will be very busy Sunday night.

I have ran the Princess Half Marathon 4 times, 2015 will be my fifth.
I have not stayed at an Epcot Resort for the race weekend but I can help answer some questions about the weekend.

I think the main thing you will notice is that resort lobby will be busy before and after the race. There is a race /expo only bus that takes the runners to the start for the race and to the expo. After the races you may find that the pool/hot tub is busy. Epcot will be very busy Sunday night.

Thanks, cantwait. I can see the event info here:

http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/

but I can't tell how some of those things will affect Epcot on Thursday and Friday or what I might do to plan around it. We're scheduled to check out Saturday morning.

Thanks, cantwait. I can see the event info here:

http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/

but I can't tell how some of those things will affect Epcot on Thursday and Friday or what I might do to plan around it. We're scheduled to check out Saturday morning.

The races run early in the morning. We have to get on the race bus at 3AM, Must be at the start at 4 AM. There is a 5K on Friday morning, that run threw the world showcase. The 10K on Saturday morning runs the boardwalk as well. A lot of the people staying at Boardwalk, BC/YC were outside cheering on the runners.

Most of my group comes for the weekend without family/children as a girls weekend, we got to Epcot in the evenings. I would make sure you have the ADR's you want in place in advance. Saturday night should be an early night for most of the runners because we have to be up at 2:30 in the morning.

We were at the Y&B this January during the regular marathon. The biggest impact was getting to MK Saturday morning. We left the hotel @ 8:20 or so & then sat on the road to MK for about 45 mins. We were then left off at the parking for off site hotels @ the TTC. That area was packed & they were directing everyone to either the monorail or ferry. You had to go where they sent you- no choice. Didn't get into MK til after 9:30. The resort never explained the transportation problems we would have (we stayed club level). We are planning to go back next year the same weekend. Now that we know, we will plan to head into Epcot & take the monorail or head out a little later.

Also you had to use the boats to DS, walkway was closed during the marathons. It was fun seeing the runners in the parks & around the resort areas however. One other thing: they did set off fireworks when each corral set off on Sunday (5:30 ish). So we did get woken up early but we were able to get back to sleep.

Hi fellow BC/YC/BCV enthusiasts!
We have a family trip booked at the BC for Oct 18-24 and have 6 rooms to handle the 18 of us. We had booked one Club level room for my parents so that they could have a little break from the 10 grandkids once in awhile if they wanted it. Weeks ago, I had a call from WDW asking if I'd like to switch that room to the YC Club Level as the lounge would be under renovation during our stay. I declined, and rebooked them into a pool view regular room at BC.

But, now I'm concerned that we'll be walking into a construction zone at the BC! After seeing some bad reviews of the Poly experience b/c of construction I'm wondering if we should try and get 6 rooms at the YC instead.

Does anyone have any intel on what parts of the BC are under construction this fall?

If you go to the first post in this thread you will find some information about the refurb.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3219078

The club level floor is supposed to be renovated first and we've heard that the CL lounge will be temporarily housed in the President Suite. Sections of the club level floor will be taken out of rotation while they are being refurbished and there will not be any guests staying in those sections. If you just have regular rooms now, no club level, then I would just stay at the BC.

We were at the Y&B this January during the regular marathon. The biggest impact was getting to MK Saturday morning. We left the hotel @ 8:20 or so & then sat on the road to MK for about 45 mins. We were then left off at the parking for off site hotels @ the TTC. That area was packed & they were directing everyone to either the monorail or ferry. You had to go where they sent you- no choice. Didn't get into MK til after 9:30. The resort never explained the transportation problems we would have (we stayed club level). We are planning to go back next year the same weekend. Now that we know, we will plan to head into Epcot & take the monorail or head out a little later.

Also you had to use the boats to DS, walkway was closed during the marathons. It was fun seeing the runners in the parks & around the resort areas however. One other thing: they did set off fireworks when each corral set off on Sunday (5:30 ish). So we did get woken up early but we were able to get back to sleep.

I always wondered how it was for people not running to get to the parks. for the half marathon you run road to MK and in MK and out back down the road to Epcot then into Epcot.
We do get fireworks with every corral. The first corral start will be at 5:15-5:45 they start the race earlier and earlier every year.

I always wondered how it was for people not running to get to the parks. for the half marathon you run road to MK and in MK and out back down the road to Epcot then into Epcot.

I just wish the resort would explain the transportation issues to other guests. I had an idea there would be delays from reading here. But a few other families didn't know what was going on & were getting quite upset sitting there on the road so close to MK but going nowhere. Notices & phone messages are left for smaller issues. Major transportation disruptions seem to warrant a mention.

I just wish the resort would explain the transportation issues to other guests. I had an idea there would be delays from reading here. But a few other families didn't know what was going on & were getting quite upset sitting there on the road so close to MK but going nowhere. Notices & phone messages are left for smaller issues. Major transportation disruptions seem to warrant a mention.

Every resort has a marathon weekend travel alert put in everyone's room. It's possible your maid just forgot or ran out or skipped your room by accident.

We had a similar thing happen to us 2 years ago when Obama decided to give a speech at WDW. No warning, no advance notice, but a huge tropical storm hit MK and we were waiting for a bus back to BC in a line a million miles long, with no busses coming for an hour... at 3 in the afternoon! After multiple CMs seemed to have no idea what was going on, we finally found one who explained the issue. When we saw Obama on the news that night at WDW, we were not impressed, to say the least, thinking of our cold, drenched selves waiting for the freaking busses that never came because they closed down the road to MK!

Okay, so really, I laugh about this now, but there were a number of very angry people at that bus stop... there were no busses at all, so the lines for *every* resort were backed up!

If you go to the first post in this thread you will find some information about the refurb.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3219078

The club level floor is supposed to be renovated first and we've heard that the CL lounge will be temporarily housed in the President Suite. Sections of the club level floor will be taken out of rotation while they are being refurbished and there will not be any guests staying in those sections. If you just have regular rooms now, no club level, then I would just stay at the BC.

Thanks WoodNymph,
I emailed WDW and they responded back that there were no refurbishment plans for BC or BCV during our stay. I take that to mean that only the club level will be affected. BC it is!

A friend and her family are joining us but can't get a room for the last night. If anyone plans to cancel their room at the Beach Club May 24th please let me know. They are in a club room for the rest of the nights

No u can get 4th floor and have no one above you . Club is on 5th floor but only some sides of the building have 5 floors

Thanks ! I guess there's a chance we could be under the club level rooms, but also a chance we won't be LOL It's not really TOO important to us, we'll be happy wherever we are. As long as there are no wild animals in the room above us ;)

This past week has been horrendous for our family....our youngest daughter broke her wrist and is in a cast for the next two and a half weeks and today our oldest daughter broke her pinky toe....completely broke one of the bones in two. Tomorrow we get to see the orthopedic doctor for the second time in a week. We leave for our WDW trip in three weeks. Hopefully everyone will be healed by the time we leave. :scared:

In an effort to cheer myself up, I started booking our FP+ reservations today. FYI...we purchased our tickets thru the Y.E.S. program (Youth Education Series) and I was able to link them to MDE (totally didn't think I'd be able to do this)! And I was able to get SDMT FP's for our trip! Yay!!!! I posted this amazing news on my FB page then realized 99% of my FB friends don't give a hoot about WDW FP's. I knew my YC/BC peeps would appreciate this!

I can't wait for our trip and to be back at the BC. :yay::yay::yay:

Good night!

Leaving tomorrow for a very long awaited vacation. We are looking forward to staying CL at the YC for the very first time.:cool1:

Hi fellow BC/YC/BCV enthusiasts!
We have a family trip booked at the BC for Oct 18-24 and have 6 rooms to handle the 18 of us. We had booked one Club level room for my parents so that they could have a little break from the 10 grandkids once in awhile if they wanted it. Weeks ago, I had a call from WDW asking if I'd like to switch that room to the YC Club Level as the lounge would be under renovation during our stay. I declined, and rebooked them into a pool view regular room at BC.

But, now I'm concerned that we'll be walking into a construction zone at the BC! After seeing some bad reviews of the Poly experience b/c of construction I'm wondering if we should try and get 6 rooms at the YC instead.

Does anyone have any intel on what parts of the BC are under construction this fall?

:welcome:

I'll add your traveling party to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

As WoodNymph and your contact with Disney indicated, we don't believe the regular BC rooms will be impacted by any of the renovation work at the time of your trip.

This past week has been horrendous for our family....our youngest daughter broke her wrist and is in a cast for the next two and a half weeks and today our oldest daughter broke her pinky toe....completely broke one of the bones in two. Tomorrow we get to see the orthopedic doctor for the second time in a week. We leave for our WDW trip in three weeks. Hopefully everyone will be healed by the time we leave. :scared:

In an effort to cheer myself up, I started booking our FP+ reservations today. FYI...we purchased our tickets thru the Y.E.S. program (Youth Education Series) and I was able to link them to MDE (totally didn't think I'd be able to do this)! And I was able to get SDMT FP's for our trip! Yay!!!! I posted this amazing news on my FB page then realized 99% of my FB friends don't give a hoot about WDW FP's. I knew my YC/BC peeps would appreciate this!

Good night!

YIKES! Poor kids! Poor mom! Sending pixiedust: that everyone will be feeling better by the time of your trip.

:goodvibes

Good night!

So sorry to hear about the kids. Hope they are okay for the trip and you don't have to wheel them around!!! We can't wait for you to be back at the BC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter