2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 215-216

Favorite things? There are so many!
I love the front entrance, it's so grand when you pull up. You really feel like you are about to stay someplace special. I love the staff there, they are so great. The lobby is beautiful, and always smells like heaven. Though I find it overly crowded, the food at the marketplace has always been great, and you can refill your mugs there. I love having breakfast in, or just relaxing in the solarium. It is such an oasis at a busy resort. I love the relaxing soundtrack in the lobby, and as far as dining, I'm more of a fan of the options at the Yacht Club, which luckily is about a three minute walk from the Beach Club lobby. Transportation wise, I love when you are leaving the Magic Kingdom or AK, that if there's a long line for the Beach Club and Yacht Club , or the bus is taking forever to show up, I can just get on a Boardwalk bus and walk back to my resort. Finally, when I usually tell people I like the best about the Epcot resort, is that you really feel like you are actually on vacation! There is such a relaxing, Seaside feeling at all of the resorts. You still feel like you are a big part of the magic of Disney, but it's not right in your face like it is at other resorts. I always say the Epcot Loop is for Disney fans who have been on multiple trips and don't need to be 100% immersed in Disneymania, but still want to feel pampered, special, and just close enough to the magic.

Nice!

:)

Still not to sure about watching Frozen on the beach for Saturday. :confused3

We have a fast pass for sitting on the lawn to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks for that night in the MK....? Has anyone done this ? Should I pick the movie or the fireworks ?

Put us on your list.....at Yacht Club from May 29-1 of June this month :love:

Thanks for the dates!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

Never-mind about the movie or the fireworks.....the SDMT beats both on what to do......got a fast pass for the ride on Saturday. :cool1:

:banana::banana::banana:

Just in case anyone missed it- June FP+ bookings for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train started today

:thumbsup2

We (me, DH and DD11) are booked at YC for Aug 28-Sept 1. Just a long weekend, but since DD has off Friday & Monday for Labor Day weekend, she won't have to miss any school. Our first time staying at an Epcot area resort and we are excited!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

:woohoo:

Does it cost extra to have the 3 lads in the view? I would pay as long as the other family member was sitting having a bit of craic with me :thumbsup2

Great photos :)

Just a wee bit extra... the price of 4 roundtrip plane tickets Boston/Orlando. What fun we would have!

:goodvibes

Please add me to the Bee our guest list as old Buzzy has planned a Magical Vacation and will Travel to the Beach Club from August 17th to 23rd.

I am off to check the Bee our guest list to see who I can pester while I am there. Hopefully there will be guests there that know how to party.... (Nannette I am looking at YOU!) If only dull people are coming (Ninja Mom, my compound eyeballs are pointed in your direction!) I want people to know I am available for lessons. Dee! Teena! We might need to book a session in the Laundry room for the newbies and wall flowers. ...

Signed, Your Guy, Buzzy the Fly, the Beach Club Resort bon vivant!

Will do! So glad to hear you will be spending some time at your hive away from home!

:laughing:

What's the best vs closest spa while staying at the BCV?

There's some info on the Beach & Yacht Club spa in the Resorts Amenities post on Page 1: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50431225&postcount=5

That would be the closest.

I have also read some positive reviews of the spa at the Swalphin- not sure which hotel.

You betcha. Hi Dee:wave2:

:wave2:

Looking forward to our honeymoon in a october. (Actually more excited about it than the wedding at the moment!) :o

We are staying at buena vista but finishing our stay at YC because it looks beautiful!! :D

Oct 21-25.
X

:welcome: and congrats!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:bride: :groom:

October is such a great time to stay at the resort!

Subbing
We just confirmed 9 nights at BC in Sept with FD and I am beyond excited to be staying here! :banana:

I have not stayed in a deluxe resort, unless you count 2 stays in the old "treehouses" way back in 1987 and 1992 (pre-refurb).
I plan on reading everything I can about BC between now and Sept!!! Just read through the first post and pix. Love this thread so far! With hubby off to go beach fishing tonight, I guess a glass of wine, this thread and I are going to make a great threesome!!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best thing about staying at the BC during August is hitting the parks early in the morning, coming back when the heat gets too much, lounge by the best pool ever, you have easy access to soooo many great restaurants for dinner and then back to one of the parks when the sun goes down. It's so close to Epcot and MGM that it makes getting around so easy!

We stayed at AoA last year for the room size and fun themes, but the busses to every park almost did us in! :crazy2: I'm really excited about walking to Epcot:rotfl:Lucky you to work at such a beautiful resort and live in such a nice town- we used to live in Winter Garden.

Thanks for the warm welcome :love: Does anyone have experience with the nightly campfire? By looking at last years activities schedule and this months it looks like it should be at 7:30 when we're there in August. As of right now DD11, DD4 and grandmother have ADR at B&C at 6:50 and DH and I are going to yachtsman at 7:10. This is probably the only night we'll be hanging out at the resort. Is it worth changing to an earlier time?

Hi everyone! We 16 days till we arrive at the yacht club. I'm ready to leave now but the days are dragging by. Any thoughts on how to pass the days?
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone! We 16 days till we arrive at the yacht club. I'm ready to leave now but the days are dragging by. Any thoughts on how to pass the days?
Amber

I've seen countdowns on pinterest where you do a fun Disney activity everyday like watch a Disney movie or make Mickey shaped cookies.

We stayed at AoA last year for the room size and fun themes, but the busses to every park almost did us in! :crazy2: I'm really excited about walking to Epcot:rotfl:Lucky you to work at such a beautiful resort and live in such a nice town- we used to live in Winter Garden.

It's such a treat to be able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Or boat to HS. We're not giant bus fans but we don't prefer renting a car either, so the BC is a nice balance. We also enjoy taking the monorails from MK to Epcot and stroll through Epcot back to BC just to avoid the bus ride. It's definitely longer but we enjoy having the option if we have time. We've been known to swing through France to bring back a bakery treat to enjoy in our room. :cool2: There are so many fabulous benefits, you're going to love it!

What would you do on arrival day. Go to HS right away have lunch ride some ride back to BC for the evening or check out BC, get settled maybe a swim then HS at night with dinner and Fantasmic?

Holy Cow! I was reading on another thread that the Yacht Club is completely sold out for all room categories for my dates - 10/21-10/30! :crazy2:

The Beach Club still has Garden and Lagoon views available - I'm booked there.

That and the fact there's no free dining for my dates just makes me so nervous for October crowds...oh well.

Oh I hope people realize there's no free dining during my dates and change their reservation!:rotfl:

I was thinking the same thing. We're firm with our dates 10/17-10/25 with DH work schedule and kids school. So, no switching for free dining:( But, we're so excited for MNSSHP and F&W :banana: and, I love reading all the wonderful tips about the Beach Club :love:

Getting so beyond excited!!!! Thursday can not get here soon enough! Almost time to go.... Seems so close yet so far away!!!

What would you do on arrival day. Go to HS right away have lunch ride some ride back to BC for the evening or check out BC, get settled maybe a swim then HS at night with dinner and Fantasmic?

I think for me it would depend on what I was doing the next morning. Is it a morning EMH ? And, will you have people needing to get showers and get ready if you swim and then want go to dinner & Fantasmic the first night? Having myself ,tween & teenage girls all have to get ready again after swimming is fantasmic enough for one evening;)

On page 5 such a great thread! We confirmed our dates with FD for September we ended up at the Beach Club Villa room with a Queen and Sofa bed. I am a little worried that the room will be tiny but I did not want to switch to Car. Beach so hopefully it will be ok. The kids (11/6) will be super excited about the pool. Now off to book my Beaches and Cream!

Jill

Also what are the things you don't like about staying here? It does sound like you loose so disney magic but I think unless you are full on POP or somewhere like that it's ok. Any trips that make first time goes easier in reservation? Breakfast food?

Jill

It seems everyone has their own arrival day rituals. I personally have to see MK on arrival day no matter what. lol We usually get there around lunch time, so I used to like to (before ADRs) go to Beaches and Cream to get lunch and then hit the parks. In April, since we saw relatives first, we got there around 4, went swimming, ate a snack in the lounge, and then hit MK, staying until midnight. I'm sure no matter what you decide, it'll be great!

p. 217

Thanks for the warm welcome :love: Does anyone have experience with the nightly campfire? By looking at last years activities schedule and this months it looks like it should be at 7:30 when we're there in August. As of right now DD11, DD4 and grandmother have ADR at B&C at 6:50 and DH and I are going to yachtsman at 7:10. This is probably the only night we'll be hanging out at the resort. Is it worth changing to an earlier time?

I haven't done the campfire, so I can't comment about whether it is worth changing your plans. I'm pretty sure the movie afterwards is drop-in, so you can arrive anytime, even if you are not there for the beginning.

It seems everyone has their own arrival day rituals. I personally have to see MK on arrival day no matter what. lol We usually get there around lunch time, so I used to like to (before ADRs) go to Beaches and Cream to get lunch and then hit the parks. In April, since we saw relatives first, we got there around 4, went swimming, ate a snack in the lounge, and then hit MK, staying until midnight. I'm sure no matter what you decide, it'll be great!

This.

We usually arrive around noon, too, and head right over to MK. We eat somewhere there. I think it would be so much easier just to go to EP or HS, but the boys want to see the castle first, and I can't blame them.

Then we head back to the BC by taking the monorail to EP, enjoy a couple of attractions there, then have dinner reservations somewhere close by for a quiet evening.

We always consider this a bonus day- you can't go wrong!

On page 5 such a great thread! We confirmed our dates with FD for September we ended up at the Beach Club Villa room with a Queen and Sofa bed. I am a little worried that the room will be tiny but I did not want to switch to Car. Beach so hopefully it will be ok. The kids (11/6) will be super excited about the pool. Now off to book my Beaches and Cream!

Jill

Glad you are enjoying your reading.

:goodvibes

Also what are the things you don't like about staying here? It does sound like you loose so disney magic but I think unless you are full on POP or somewhere like that it's ok. Any trips that make first time goes easier in reservation? Breakfast food?

Jill

I would say the biggest drawback to the resort is a the lack food court style food offerings, particularly for breakfast. There certainly is enough available at the Marketplace and most should be able to make do. We have always stayed club level so it has not been an issue for us. Since you will be in a villa and you have free dining, you can probably figure out some quick breakfast options for your room.

A friend of mine who just came back from the Beach Club mentioned that they noticed some lockers in the pool area, I think near Beaches & Cream. If someone who will be there in the next week or so could check it out and hopefully provide pictures or any info, I would appreciate it!

Also, I am still not exactly sure where the outdoor showers are located in Stormalong Bay, so if someone could let us know that, too, it would be helpful. Pictures would be great, but not in a creepy "I see you in the shower" sort of way. When nobody is using them, please!

:rotfl2:

Also, I am still not exactly sure where the outdoor showers are located in Stormalong Bay, so if someone could let us know that, too, it would be helpful. Pictures would be great, but not in a creepy "I see you in the shower" sort of way. When nobody is using them, please!

:rotfl2:

:rotfl: OK - that's funny!

Just wanted to let you know I will be staying at the BC again for one night post cruise in October! Looking forward to going back! :thumbsup2

I don't recall any outdoor showers there but I was not looking for them

I also don't recall lockers. Maybe they are new?

I've seen countdowns on pinterest where you do a fun Disney activity everyday like watch a Disney movie or make Mickey shaped cookies.

That's a great idea! When we do movie night, we try to make that movie our theme for the evening and then do a craft and make food to go along with it. ie: you pick Lady and the Tramp, so for a craft you could each use paper and draw a scene from the movie to make a placemat and to eat? Spaghetti and meatballs! :)
Check out the Disney For Families Threads for more ideas. They are
dedicated to fun, get the family involved ideas and there's even a movie night thread.

A friend of mine who just came back from the Beach Club mentioned that they noticed some lockers in the pool area, I think near Beaches & Cream. If someone who will be there in the next week or so could check it out and hopefully provide pictures or any info, I would appreciate it! Also, I am still not exactly sure where the outdoor showers are located in Stormalong Bay, so if someone could let us know that, too, it would be helpful. Pictures would be great, but not in a creepy "I see you in the shower" sort of way. When nobody is using them, please! :rotfl2:

There are lockers and showers in the health club. If you are walking from the BC to the YC past B&C on your right, then go past the arcade and the bathrooms and continue to the health club. They are all along that outside wall.

Favorite things? There are so many!
I love the front entrance, it's so grand when you pull up. You really feel like you are about to stay someplace special. I love the staff there, they are so great. The lobby is beautiful, and always smells like heaven. Though I find it overly crowded, the food at the
marketplace has always been
great, and you can refill your mugs there. I love having breakfast in, or just relaxing in the solarium. It is such an oasis at a busy resort. I love the relaxing soundtrack in the lobby, and as far as dining, I'm
more of a fan of the options at the

Yacht Club, which luckily is about a three minute walk from the Beach Club lobby. Transportation wise, I love when you are leaving the
Magic Kingdom or AK, that if
there's a long line for the Beach Club and Yacht Club , or the bus is taking forever to show up, I can just get on a Boardwalk bus and walk back to my resort. Finally, when I usually tell people I like the best about the Epcot resort, is that
you really feel like you are actually on vacation! There is such a relaxing, Seaside feeling at all of the resorts. You still feel like you are a big part of the magic of Disney, but it's not right in your

face like it is at other resorts. I always say the Epcot Loop is for Disney fans who have been on multiple trips and don't need to be 100% immersed in Disneymania,
but still want to feel pampered,
special, and just close enough to the magic.
Very nicely said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter