2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on a happier note, after spending the last few days reading the 200+ pages of this thread I'm finally caught up:cool1: Thanks to everyone's contributions on here, it has made learning about the Beach Club lots of fun! I'm a former CP (Blizzard Beach guard), CM (studios entertainment), and Orlando area resident so I know a ton about WDW, but we moved back to Jersey a few years ago and now it is up to me to plan Disney trips for my family:scared: I've stayed all over Disney, but never at an Epcot resort! We're super excited to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time- August 10-17. I'm hoping (and my DH is insisting) that I can enjoy the resort this time and be less of an OCD commando!

Best thing about staying at the BC during August is hitting the parks early in the morning, coming back when the heat gets too much, lounge by the best pool ever, you have easy access to soooo many great restaurants for dinner and then back to one of the parks when the sun goes down. It's so close to Epcot and MGM that it makes getting around so easy!

We are quite a way off our trip but have booked BC for aug 2015 8-22. I was on the phone to book OKW and Dh said go for the BC! I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort and I am so excited. I have an amazing DH!!!

Currently booked at a split stay with AoA/POR in September. We are 90% sure we are going to drop the dining plan and upgrade to BC if a room discount comes out! I was never head over heels for POR but we wanted a moderate and it seemed like the best option.. Buuuuuut I've fallen in love with BC! :flower3:

So on a happier note, after spending the last few days reading the 200+ pages of this thread I'm finally caught up:cool1: Thanks to everyone's contributions on here, it has made learning about the Beach Club lots of fun! I'm a former CP (Blizzard Beach guard), CM (studios entertainment), and Orlando area resident so I know a ton about WDW, but we moved back to Jersey a few years ago and now it is up to me to plan Disney trips for my family:scared: I've stayed all over Disney, but never at an Epcot resort! We're super excited to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time- August 10-17. I'm hoping (and my DH is insisting) that I can enjoy the resort this time and be less of an OCD commando!

Fun!!! I am sure you will have lots you can fill us in on too with your former jobs. :-)

Currently booked at a split stay with AoA/POR in September. We are 90% sure we are going to drop the dining plan and upgrade to BC if a room discount comes out! I was never head over heels for POR but we wanted a moderate and it seemed like the best option.. Buuuuuut I've fallen in love with BC! :flower3:

That is exactly what we did last October and have had not one regret!!!! :-)

My neice and sister in law are going for a "last hurrah" before my neice's high school graduation. I recommended and they agreed that the Beach Club was THE place for them to stay. I would like to send a surprise and congrats something to their room or for them to pickup at the front desk. I was thinking of a cake from the boardwalk bakery. Any suggestions? How would I order cake - can it be delivered?

:goodvibes. Eeeeeeee I'm so geeked ......Frozen is playing on Saturday for the movies on the beach this month (it's the little things in life :)).

We haven't seen the movie yet and it's not like I can't rent it here but you see I'll be on Disney property and that will make it extra pixiedust: special

Our first set of Magic Bands came today!!!!! It was just what I needed to cheer me up after a bad day yesterday :cool1:.

Woah! I step out for a couple of hours for a middle school band concert and I come back to lots of new faces here!

I'll give you all an individual greeting in the morning, but for now...

:welcome:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

My neice and sister in law are going for a "last hurrah" before my neice's high school graduation. I recommended and they agreed that the Beach Club was THE place for them to stay. I would like to send a surprise and congrats something to their room or for them to pickup at the front desk. I was thinking of a cake from the boardwalk bakery. Any suggestions? How would I order cake - can it be delivered?

We had to pick our cake up from the BW bakery, no delivery. This was a couple of years ago so it may have changed. This past September we got a cake from Yacht & Beach Club private dining. They delivered it to our villa with plates, a knife, and utensils. It was delicious.

You can get the phone number for all of the bakeries on the Cake chatter thread. There is a lot of good info there.

red velvet cake
null_zps7c02ab64.jpg

We had to pick our cake up from the BW bakery, no delivery. This was a couple of years ago so it may have changed. This past September we got a cake from Yacht & Beach Club private dining. They delivered it to our villa with plates, a knife, and utensils. It was delicious.

You can get the phone number for all of the bakeries on the Cake chatter thread. There is a lot of good info there.

red velvet cake
null_zps7c02ab64.jpg

Looks delicious

Well, after a few very tumultuous weeks, it's hard to believe we'll be checking into the BC in 2 days. My FIL passed away on Sunday, after months of at-home hospice care, suffering from Alzheimer's. Last week at this time, we were considering cancelling our trip, not knowing how things were going to pan out. However, we've been told by everyone that now that he's gone, we should continue on with our plans. While everyone is saddened by his death, we are all comforted knowing that he is no longer suffering. We're looking forward to making magical memories next week, and we'll celebrate FIL's memory as best we can while there. Very much looking forward to warm sun, palm trees and Mickey Bars.

We did the same thing. My father passed away two days before Christmas in 2010. We buried him on Dec. 28 and two days later we were in WDW for New Year's. It was one of the most memorable and heartwarming family vacations we have ever had. We found ways to honor and remember him during the trip and it will always be one of our best family times together.

May your family be comforted being together and create new memories.

Holy Cow! I was reading on another thread that the Yacht Club is completely sold out for all room categories for my dates - 10/21-10/30! :crazy2:

The Beach Club still has Garden and Lagoon views available - I'm booked there.

That and the fact there's no free dining for my dates just makes me so nervous for October crowds...oh well.

Oh I hope people realize there's no free dining during my dates and change their reservation!:rotfl:

Hi All,

I will be a first time Beach Club resident in September this year. We have stayed at POFW and CSR in the past but due to alleged free dining restrictions are going to move up to a deluxe and Beach Club seems to fit our family. I have a 10yr old boy and 6yr old girl. Having stayed at CSR last year we are pretty used to hiking to get to the pool but would love to be closer to the bus and a drink fill station any suggestions on where that would be in BC? What are your favorite things about BC? I am slowing making my way through the 200 pages but quickly get sidetracked by the ice cream photos.

Jill

p. 214-215

Wow. Maybe a big conference that weekend? Planning on going May 2015. Hoping that club renovations will be done at BC but wondering if I have to book earlier than I usually do to get the club level and view I want

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for next May.

:cool1:

Hoping club level will be done by then, but right now, no estimates.

If you know what you want, it never hurts to book!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Wow, you have been doing your reading homework. If you still have questions about the resort, ask away!

We are quite a way off our trip but have booked BC for aug 2015 8-22. I was on the phone to book OKW and Dh said go for the BC! I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort and I am so excited. I have an amazing DH!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next year.

:yay:

:thumbsup2 for your DH- smart guy!

:welcome: to the thread.

Let us know if you hop ship and come on over!

:goodvibes

Thanks for the plug on the resort!

A cake is a great idea for a special treat.

You can also have some things delivered from YC/BC room service- cookies and milk, chocolate covered strawberries and probably some other stuff. I think I have the link for room service in the Dining Post on Page 1.

:)

:goodvibes. Eeeeeeee I'm so geeked ......Frozen is playing on Saturday for the movies on the beach this month (it's the little things in life :)).

We haven't seen the movie yet and it's not like I can't rent it here but you see I'll be on Disney property and that will make it extra pixiedust: special

:welcome: to the thread.

:cool1:

Thanks for the heads up on the movie. I should have the May activities calendar in the next day or two.

Are you staying at the resort this May?

Holy Cow! I was reading on another thread that the Yacht Club is completely sold out for all room categories for my dates - 10/21-10/30! :crazy2:

The Beach Club still has Garden and Lagoon views available - I'm booked there.

That and the fact there's no free dining for my dates just makes me so nervous for October crowds...oh well.

Oh I hope people realize there's no free dining during my dates and change their reservation!:rotfl:

Hopefully it won't be too bad. The EPCOT resorts may be booked (although that changes day to day, especially after the 45 day cancellation deadline) because of Food & Wine. But I'm pretty sure that I have been at the resort when it is fully booked or close, and it was fine.

The occupancy of the EPCOT resorts in October doesn't necessarily reflect the crowd level at the parks, though.

:)

Hi All,

I will be a first time Beach Club resident in September this year. We have stayed at POFW and CSR in the past but due to alleged free dining restrictions are going to move up to a deluxe and Beach Club seems to fit our family. I have a 10yr old boy and 6yr old girl. Having stayed at CSR last year we are pretty used to hiking to get to the pool but would love to be closer to the bus and a drink fill station any suggestions on where that would be in BC? What are your favorite things about BC? I am slowing making my way through the 200 pages but quickly get sidetracked by the ice cream photos.

Jill

:welcome: Jill!

You should add the following request to your reservation "Close to lobby, please"- this location puts you in the closest proximity to the lobby/bus stop/Marketplace (beverage refill) and even the Stormalong Bay pool.

And close to Beaches & Cream ice cream!

:thumbsup2

Hi All, I will be a first time Beach Club resident in September this year. We have stayed at POFW and CSR in the past but due to alleged free dining restrictions are going to move up to a deluxe and Beach Club seems to fit our family. I have a 10yr old boy and 6yr old girl. Having stayed at CSR last year we are pretty used to hiking to get to the pool but would love to be closer to the bus and a drink fill station any suggestions on where that would be in BC? What are your favorite things about BC? I am slowing making my way through the 200 pages but quickly get sidetracked by the ice cream photos. Jill

Favorite things? There are so many!
I love the front entrance, it's so grand when you pull up. You really feel like you are about to stay someplace special. I love the staff there, they are so great. The lobby is beautiful, and always smells like heaven. Though I find it overly crowded, the food at the marketplace has always been great, and you can refill your mugs there. I love having breakfast in, or just relaxing in the solarium. It is such an oasis at a busy resort. I love the relaxing soundtrack in the lobby, and as far as dining, I'm more of a fan of the options at the Yacht Club, which luckily is about a three minute walk from the Beach Club lobby. Transportation wise, I love when you are leaving the Magic Kingdom or AK, that if there's a long line for the Beach Club and Yacht Club , or the bus is taking forever to show up, I can just get on a Boardwalk bus and walk back to my resort. Finally, when I usually tell people I like the best about the Epcot resort, is that you really feel like you are actually on vacation! There is such a relaxing, Seaside feeling at all of the resorts. You still feel like you are a big part of the magic of Disney, but it's not right in your face like it is at other resorts. I always say the Epcot Loop is for Disney fans who have been on multiple trips and don't need to be 100% immersed in Disneymania, but still want to feel pampered, special, and just close enough to the magic.

:goodvibes. Eeeeeeee I'm so geeked ......Frozen is playing on Saturday for the movies on the beach this month (it's the little things in life :)). We haven't seen the movie yet and it's not like I can't rent it here but you see I'll be on Disney property and that will make it extra pixiedust: special

We saw it this past Saturday at the BC and it was even more magical with everyone singing along. :-)
Enjoy!

Hi All, I will be a first time Beach Club resident in September this year. We have stayed at POFW and CSR in the past but due to alleged free dining restrictions are going to move up to a deluxe and Beach Club seems to fit our family. I have a 10yr old boy and 6yr old girl. Having stayed at CSR last year we are pretty used to hiking to get to the pool but would love to be closer to the bus and a drink fill station any suggestions on where that would be in BC? What are your favorite things about BC? I am slowing making my way through the 200 pages but quickly get sidetracked by the ice cream photos. Jill
I would request close to lobby and that would seem to get you closest to everything.
I love everything about the BC!! The staff, the SAB, the beach, the ice cream at B&C, and especially the location!!!
Have fun! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter