2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a note in the pool area FAQ about lockers for the pool area no longer available at the spa? Is this true? Is there a restroom in the pool area?
I am staying one night with my 6 yr old in May. Usually we go to CSR for our one nighters, and use the locker room on check out day to change and get ready for our drive home that night, after swimming. I was hoping to do the same at BC this time. I don't care about a shower, just need a place to dry off and change, and it seems weird to go into the lobby bathroom to do so. Last time I stayed at BC we did not have need of the bathroom at the pool.

Yes. There is a restroom area just past Beaches and Cream. Near the arcade.

Thanks so much! Yay! I could not find it last time, and we were on our way to our room so I did not look around too much. I could not find it on the map at the time.

Hi there! We will be coming from Miami as my husband has a business trip there first. Since his show goes until mid afternoon on Wednesday, we decided to drive up to Orlando and then stay off property our first night near DTD. I was hoping we could drop off our bags to the YC that evening but my husband doubted that the hotel would keep our belongings seeing that we are not staying there Wednesday evening (checking in Thursday). If that is the case, we will cab it to the resort first thing Thursday am and drop off our bags so we could head to the parks asap! I was curious as to how long you think check in/bag dropoff would take in the morning? Just trying to plan our day, thanks in advance!

Last question:rotfl2: I'm worried that if we don't have reservations for the buffet that my family wont be able to get eggs or French toast. In the Moderate Resorts we can get the bounty platter, do they offer breakfast platters in the Beach Club market place or are we out of luck on breakfast?

There is a breakfast platter at the Beach Club Marketplace:

Scrambled Egg Platter - with Bacon, Potato Casserole, and a Biscuit $6.79

Just the YC is who you share with.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry, but you are incorrect. For Magical Express busses you share with other resorts depending on need.

We have shared at different times with: CBR, BWI, YC, and/or POR.

Hi there! We will be coming from Miami as my husband has a business trip there first. Since his show goes until mid afternoon on Wednesday, we decided to drive up to Orlando and then stay off property our first night near DTD. I was hoping we could drop off our bags to the YC that evening but my husband doubted that the hotel would keep our belongings seeing that we are not staying there Wednesday evening (checking in Thursday). If that is the case, we will cab it to the resort first thing Thursday am and drop off our bags so we could head to the parks asap! I was curious as to how long you think check in/bag dropoff would take in the morning? Just trying to plan our day, thanks in advance!

Early morning is one of the easiest times to check in. We have checked in as early as 7 but we are usually there around 10. At most I have waited for maybe two or three families ahead of me. Bell services will take your bags as you get out of the taxi and just tell them you are checking in. If your room is available it would depend on how busy bell services are to bring them up. Usually about 10 -15 minutes. Lately our room has not been available so and they will store your items. Really this is quicker.

So best case scenerio-Online checkin.
Room available – 30 minutes stuff in room.
Room not available- 10-15 minutes.

DH and I will be coming 10/1-10/5 for TOT weekend:goodvibes

We will be staying at Yacht Club. I'm so excited to stay here!!

One question though, I see the pools are only open from around 10a-10p. I am then assuming that we won't be able to get in the hot tub either, like after the race (which would be around 3am)? Also, If we wanted to go for a swim in the morning, are there quiet pools available before 10a or do they have the same hours?

Thanks!

DH and I will be coming 10/1-10/5 for TOT weekend:goodvibes

We will be staying at Yacht Club. I'm so excited to stay here!!

One question though, I see the pools are only open from around 10a-10p. I am then assuming that we won't be able to get in the hot tub either, like after the race (which would be around 3am)? Also, If we wanted to go for a swim in the morning, are there quiet pools available before 10a or do they have the same hours?

Thanks!

I think that the hours change based on the season and the crowds. We just came back from the BC and the hours for SAB were 9am to 11pm. The hours for the quiet pool were 7am to 11pm. They lock SAB but there isn't a gate or lock at the quiet pool. There is a hot tub there.

Just wanted to do a little celebration dance that I am officially heading back to the Beach Club in June and August! I posted a while back about a conference I'm attending in June at Coronado Springs, but wanted to surprise my Mom for her 70th birthday and have her join me when the conference ended. I was trying to figure out how to stay at Coronado and just add my Mom on the reservation after my coworker checks out, but decided to SCRAP IT, and I booked the BC for Wednesday through Sunday.....! I will head over to the BC at the crack of dawn and get us checked in, while my Mom boards a 6:00 AM flight from Providence and takes ME to the BC to meet me after my last seminar on Wednesday morning! After our trip to the BC last week, I said forget it, I just know I won't be happy anywhere else, and my Mom will just love it..... Tonight, I made a little scrapbook page with all the trip details and wrapped it up and gave it to her as her "surprise early birthday" gift..I took care of her flights, tickets, hotel, meals, etc......She was crying she was so happy!! My Dad was too. I can't wait for our Mother/Daughter trip. I was able to get the Summer Discount for those dates, but will see if the AP rates are any better. I'm not holding out much hope as I wasn't able to book ANY discount for August yet.....I actually was in contact with that OTHER agency a while ago and almost booked it then....that's what I get for waiting!! :sad2: Dee, can you add us to the Be our Guest List for June 18-22, as well as August 22-27?? I need new tickers!!! And PS, I added those pictures to the Room View thread just now:)

That is wonderful!!!!! :-)

I think that the hours change based on the season and the crowds. We just came back from the BC and the hours for SAB were 9am to 11pm. The hours for the quiet pool were 7am to 11pm. They lock SAB but there isn't a gate or lock at the quiet pool. There is a hot tub there.
Ok thanks!

Hi everyone! This is our family's first trip back to DW in 7 years, and the kids' very first trip, period. This will also be our first time staying at YC (first time at a deluxe, also).
What little (hidden) gems around the property should we absolutely not miss? Also, what do you veterans of YC/BC do about breakfast on non-ADR days? Is the BCM a decent option? How about Captain's Grill? And what about dinners or lunches around/near the resort with two young children in tow (not wanting to do TS meals every day with a 14month old and a 5 year old)?
Any tips or tricks you can pass on would be much appreciated! Very excited about our stay in October, especially being able to walk to EP and DHS - let's hear it for no stroller folding!

Hi everyone! This is our family's first trip back to DW in 7 years, and the kids' very first trip, period. This will also be our first time staying at YC (first time at a deluxe, also).
What little (hidden) gems around the property should we absolutely not miss? Also, what do you veterans of YC/BC do about breakfast on non-ADR days? Is the BCM a decent option? How about Captain's Grill? And what about dinners or lunches around/near the resort with two young children in tow (not wanting to do TS meals every day with a 14month old and a 5 year old)?
Any tips or tricks you can pass on would be much appreciated! Very excited about our stay in October, especially being able to walk to EP and DHS - let's hear it for no stroller folding!

We liked breakfast at BC marketplace, ESP the potatoes!! And there are nice seating areas just across the hall outside, but undercover.
We enjoyed Captains Grill breakfast too, did the buffet, but there were also good menu items too.
Hurricane Hana's have good options for lunch/dinner. YC also has cold breakfast things in the mornings at the bar just off the lobby. For dinner there is another bar/pub just off from Yachtsman Steak House that had good burgers.
Then you have the food options along the Boardwalk. The Bakery that also have food options, and there are food carts/booths all along the boardwalk with hot dogs, pizza take out windows, etc.

Welcome to our BC/YC/BCV fan club! pixiedust::welcome::wave2::grouphug:

Shh.... DON'T tell any one but all of our tips and tricks are listed in the first couple of pages of this thread. Read that and you'll be up on all the good dirt about the resort!

The BCM is a great option for take out meals but the menu is limited. You are however SURROUNDED by options like the Boardwalk Bakery or the Fish and Chips to go window in England etc, etc, all of which are a quick walk away from the resort. That's why the resort doesn't have the big Golden Deluxe Food Court like at the Mod's or Value resorts. (Don't tell anyone that's why... they never seem to figure that one out!) Why even the Bakery in France is open in the mornings if you really want to live the high life. Grab some pastries at night and take them back to your room to throw at the children when they wake up hungry in the mornings. There are pod coffee makers in the room so it's not too much of a stretch to get the kids to make their own coffee for a change when YOU are on vacation!

We LOVE the Captain's Grille!!!! Does the 14 month old have enough teeth to chomp down on a Captain's Grille Lobster Omelet? -A butter-warmed lobster, asparagus, chive-infused cream and Captain's potatoes. You only need two or three teeth for that dish and you know how those little ones love the Lobster!! This site http://allears.net/dining/ has menu's from all over WDW so check out what is being served and see what strikes your fancy.

There is Hurricane Hannah's, located at the pool, for this type of stuff http://allears.net/dining/menu/hurricane-hannas/all-day

and here is what the Marketplace (BCM) is cooking for breakfast: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/breakfast

AND Lunch/Dinner:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/lunch-dinner

Don't forget about Beaches and Cream! An ADR is now recommended but they do have a take out window for the ice cream!

You'll have to check that site with all the ears to see what is available at the Boardwalk or the Swalphin, but it's all just a quick walk away.

Be sure to read those first two pages and drink your Ovaltine. With those two little ones the Ovaltine will give you the energy to keep up and the info you will discover about the resort on those first couple of pages will provide answers to questions you didn't even know you had yet!

~NM

Early morning is one of the easiest times to check in. We have checked in as early as 7 but we are usually there around 10. At most I have waited for maybe two or three families ahead of me. Bell services will take your bags as you get out of the taxi and just tell them you are checking in. If your room is available it would depend on how busy bell services are to bring them up. Usually about 10 -15 minutes. Lately our room has not been available so and they will store your items. Really this is quicker.

So best case scenerio-Online checkin.
Room available – 30 minutes stuff in room.
Room not available- 10-15 minutes.

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it :) I wasn't sure how crowded early am is, thanks again!

Thanks for all the details! Now, I'm sure mom and dad would love the lobster omelet, but the baby... He has enough teeth, sure, but he also has dairy/soy protein intolerance, and the screaming as a result - not sure it's worth it ;-)

Will definitely try to check out all the options for food around the resort - part of the reason we decided to go with YC. Well, that and SAB. And the walking to the parks. And the other dining nearby. And the balconies.

Now, to go and read (not just skim through, silly me) those first few pages.

Maybe a werid question, but my 2 girls ages 1, 2 DO NOT like things on their arms. We have never had to put their magic bands on them, since they do not require tickets into the parks, i usually do not even bring theirs along, but I have read that you need your KTTWC or magic band to get into the pool at YC. We will all have our bands on, but the babies wont. Will this be a problem at the pool?

Maybe a werid question, but my 2 girls ages 1, 2 DO NOT like things on their arms. We have never had to put their magic bands on them, since they do not require tickets into the parks, i usually do not even bring theirs along, but I have read that you need your KTTWC or magic band to get into the pool at YC. We will all have our bands on, but the babies wont. Will this be a problem at the pool?

:welcome: to the thread!

Looks like your trip is in July. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I still need to check the past couple of days of posts, but this question intrigued me.

Do babies/infants even get Magic Bands? I presume they don't really need them. In the past with hard-tickets/KTTW cards, park tickets were not required to enter the park, or get FP and of course guests under the age of 3 do not need the ability to open the door or charging privileges.

IF babies do get bands and are required to use them now (although I don't know why they would) then I would think they would be needed to enter SAB. Otherwise, someone could perhaps loan the babies' MB to someone else allowing them access to the secure pool area.

So I don't have the answer to your question, other than asking others to let me know if babies do indeed receive (and are required to use) Magic Bands.

:goodvibes

If the reason turns out to be "yes" then I imagine you can bring along the kids' bands; no reason why they have to wear them.

For that matter, I bet you can wear multiple bands-- you own and your child's.

Infants and kids need their bands ... just show them and say they don't like to wear them. My granddaughter didn't want to wear hers until she saw all the big kids with them ... then she wanted hers too. And all we have to say is "no pool without the band on" and that works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter