• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
amg35 said:
We are leaving a tip every day - for two of us we already budgeted $5 a night for 9 nights. :) But, that may be more than normal, I'm just really not sure.

That's exactly what we leave. We are two adults also.

I'm not sure of their dates, but it might be the same time-frame! I was very impressed with the way the teachers/administrators organized the trip and I was very pleased with the behavior of (most) of the kids during the trip, except the boy who made me cry!

:sad1:

This will be my 11th trip with the band. We've never had to send anyone home for bad behavior, although I've had to put on my "principal's hat" a few times.

My favorite part has been getting to go backstage at the MK for parade line up!

In many images of the BC & YC, I've seen a large, green, rectangular structure sticking up in the air. It seems to be seen when looking from the BC toward the Dolphin, sticking up behind that resort. Does anyone know what this is? Is it part of the Dolphin? I'm just curious about what is around that area as we plan our trip.

BC-Beach(B).JPG

I think it's educational, but not overkill educational. It's fun and the two guides make it really fun. You visit inside where everyone can go and then you also go backstage a lot. The wetsuits were not overtly tight they were comfortable. All one piece to the knee with the little booty shoes. When you make the reservation you can ask questions and if they don't know the answer they will give you a number to the dolphin guides and they will answer all questions... they really are very very helpful. They give you a locker for all your stuff. They allow NO jewelry of any kind to remain on... I have a bracelet that requires a screwdriver to get it off and I had to bring the screwdriver with me to remove it (they helped me out with that since I was traveling solo and needed to put it back on before leaving). Once you go into the tank area they walk you down to the water which is waist deep and seat you on a bench while they bring the dolphins out and then have you walk down to the dolphins where you get to touch them and command them to do tricks followed by photos with them. I really enjoyed it a lot!

~N

Super! THANKS! Very helpful

For me, YC has a slightly more grown-up feel ( but still kid-friendly), and no one can deny....it's a LOT quieter than BC.

Not if Ninja Mom is sitting in the lobby with her Sunken Treasure(s) offering complimentary, on demand, Karaoke.

♫♫♪ ♪ ♫ ♫♪ "Midnight and the Kitties are SLEEPING!!! It was beautiful then...... ♪♫ ♪♪ ♫♫♫ ♪♪

Do most people leave tips every day for housekeeping or do you leave a tip at the end of your trip? How much do you leave?

We leave a dollar per person in an envelope marked "For our House keeper" every day. This is also a good place to write down requests like extra wash cloths or what ever. I also take the time to write little thank you's to the house keeper on the envelope. I really appreciate the effort that they go to to make our rooms so nice.

~NM

In many images of the BC & YC, I've seen a large, green, rectangular structure sticking up in the air. It seems to be seen when looking from the BC toward the Dolphin, sticking up behind that resort. Does anyone know what this is? Is it part of the Dolphin? I'm just curious about what is around that area as we plan our trip.

BC-Beach(B).JPG

That's the Dolphin. It's the thin side of a triangular shaped roof.

~NM

Our BC check-in date is 7 months from today! I asked on the October thread already, but wanted to see if any of my great BC/YC friends had any tips for attending MNSSHP on Halloween?

Does anyone know if you share a bus with another resort? This is our first stay at Beach Club, and was wondering if the line for Magical Express is just for the Beach/Yacht Club?

Does anyone know if you share a bus with another resort? This is our first stay at Beach Club, and was wondering if the line for Magical Express is just for the Beach/Yacht Club?

Just the YC is who you share with.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Magical Express is not just for YC/BC... you also go to Caribbean Beach, sometimes they throw another resort in there too. Depends on the crowd levels.

~N

Last question:rotfl2: I'm worried that if we don't have reservations for the buffet that my family wont be able to get eggs or French toast. In the Moderate Resorts we can get the bounty platter, do they offer breakfast platters in the Beach Club market place or are we out of luck on breakfast?

Last question:rotfl2: I'm worried that if we don't have reservations for the buffet that my family wont be able to get eggs or French toast. In the Moderate Resorts we can get the bounty platter, do they offer breakfast platters in the Beach Club market place or are we out of luck on breakfast?

Page one of this thread has a lot of information. Theres a really good review of the Market Place and what they have to offer. I tried to post a link but that didn't work out for me...

~N

Well my 7month window is coming up... We're supposed to be arriving on 10/31 first night at the Waldorf and then moving over to CR for 2 nights... I'm now thinking we should arrive on 10/30 for 2 nights @ BLT before moving on to CR cl for 2 nights followed by 6 nights YC cl ending with AKL cl for 5 nights.... This retirement trip is out of control right now :confused3 At least I'm having fun planning! I guess I'll decide when I see if I can get 2 nights at BLT :thumbsup2

What would you do?!?! That's probably a silly question to ask a group of Disney fans!!

~N

Once again, you are my idol! I say go for more - do a few nights at the Waldorf, a few nights at BLT and then head into the CL portions as already planned. :)

Once again, you are my idol! I say go for more - do a few nights at the Waldorf, a few nights at BLT and then head into the CL portions as already planned. :)

Well I don't think BLT is going to happen... my window opened this morning and there are no rooms in the inn for the 30th. I will check tomorrow again, but plan B is 2 nights at OKW... I think my DH will like that resort. He really loves the DTD area, so I think we'll stay there for 2 nights and then move on over to CR. Now all I have to do is stop adding days, and the only way for that to stop is if JetBlue opens the booking window so I book the airfare!!

~N

When we took the Magical Express earlier this month, the bus from MCO to the BC stopped at Caribbean Beach and then the Yacht Club. On the return trip the ME picked us up at the BC, then it went to Boardwalk, then Caribbean Beach. That is the pattern we have experienced the most often when staying at the BC, although one time we stopped at Port Orleans instead of CBR.

The park buses only share with the Yacht Club. The DTD bus shares with YC, BC, BWI, Swan, Dolphin and Typhoon Lagoon. :scared:

Just wanted to do a little celebration dance that I am officially heading back to the Beach Club in June and August! I posted a while back about a conference I'm attending in June at Coronado Springs, but wanted to surprise my Mom for her 70th birthday and have her join me when the conference ended. I was trying to figure out how to stay at Coronado and just add my Mom on the reservation after my coworker checks out, but decided to SCRAP IT, and I booked the BC for Wednesday through Sunday.....! I will head over to the BC at the crack of dawn and get us checked in, while my Mom boards a 6:00 AM flight from Providence and takes ME to the BC to meet me after my last seminar on Wednesday morning! After our trip to the BC last week, I said forget it, I just know I won't be happy anywhere else, and my Mom will just love it.....

Tonight, I made a little scrapbook page with all the trip details and wrapped it up and gave it to her as her "surprise early birthday" gift..I took care of her flights, tickets, hotel, meals, etc......She was crying she was so happy!! My Dad was too. I can't wait for our Mother/Daughter trip. I was able to get the Summer Discount for those dates, but will see if the AP rates are any better. I'm not holding out much hope as I wasn't able to book ANY discount for August yet.....I actually was in contact with that OTHER agency a while ago and almost booked it then....that's what I get for waiting!! :sad2:

Dee, can you add us to the Be our Guest List for June 18-22, as well as August 22-27??

I need new tickers!!!

And PS, I added those pictures to the Room View thread just now:)

There is a note in the pool area FAQ about lockers for the pool area no longer available at the spa? Is this true? Is there a restroom in the pool area?
I am staying one night with my 6 yr old in May. Usually we go to CSR for our one nighters, and use the locker room on check out day to change and get ready for our drive home that night, after swimming. I was hoping to do the same at BC this time. I don't care about a shower, just need a place to dry off and change, and it seems weird to go into the lobby bathroom to do so. Last time I stayed at BC we did not have need of the bathroom at the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter