(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love all the chairs on the beach!!! When we went in November, kids wanted to play in the sand and there was no where to sit, so I sat by the fire pit. Love getting a little sun whenever can 🙂

And that swing bench is great!!! I love to walk over there and enjoy the view/relax while the kids play in the sand. So peaceful.

View attachment 520514

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!! Hope you’re having a wonderful time!!!! 3 more months!!! ☺
Dd and I had a moment. When we left GF Enchanted Rose to head to MK I noticed Jamie was standing by the doors of the mono. She is slightly tall, has long straight blond hair that she usually has in a pony. She floats from old Commander Porters, Summer lace (now CC) and MM. We often chat with her since dd and I shop at gf every trip.

I said we know you! We are the people that always shop and dd used to work at Vineyard Vines! (We often talked about clothes n stuff) . She said yep you usually wear matching Lilly Pulitzer too!(we do lol).

She and WE were all so happy to see a familiar face! I think everyone that is back is grateful. 😀

Dd and I had a moment. When we left GF Enchanted Rose to head to MK I noticed Jamie was standing by the doors of the mono. She is slightly tall, has long straight blond hair that she usually has in a pony. She floats from old Commander Porters, Summer lace (now CC) and MM. We often chat with her since dd and I shop at gf every trip.

I said we know you! We are the people that always shop and dd used to work at Vineyard Vines! (We often talked about clothes n stuff) . She said yep you usually wear matching Lilly Pulitzer too!(we do lol).

She and WE were all so happy to see a familiar face! I think everyone that is back is grateful. 😀

Welcome back, how was your trip? Can't wait to hear all about it, just ordered my magic bands!!!

Welcome back, how was your trip? Can't wait to hear all about it, just ordered my magic bands!!!
CR was great for this trip. It was a great price for a TPV. We visited poly and gf twice. We walked the path from poly and gf because it’s our thing. Parks were great. hS is busy but we did all rides in one day and longest line was 17 minutes for MMRR.
It is weird to have the parks so few hours and no hopping. However dd and I made it work. We got to the pool each day too.
We were so happy to be there. I just smiled and smiled lol!

CR was great for this trip. It was a great price for a TPV. We visited poly and gf twice. We walked the path from poly and gf because it’s our thing. Parks were great. hS is busy but we did all rides in one day and longest line was 17 minutes for MMRR.
It is weird to have the parks so few hours and no hopping. However dd and I made it work. We got to the pool each day too.
We were so happy to be there. I just smiled and smiled lol!

I am so happy for you girls, it all sounds perfect to me. We don't usually park hop anymore anyway, my kids like downtime at their age. We love walking back and forth to the Poly as well and definitely looking forward to the new walkway to MK.

Its so strange to be nervous and excited for a trip to WDW, not my usual emotions before a trip. Thanks for encouragement!!

hey, anyone know if basin is open yet? I know it wasn't a month ago, but can't find a current status. DH isn't comfortable going to ds right now.

We were moved from the Poly to Grand Floridian for our trip next August. Was wondering if it's worth to have a lagoon view versus a garden view? I'd love to be close or in the main building but not sure what rooms those are.

We were moved from the Poly to Grand Floridian for our trip next August. Was wondering if it's worth to have a lagoon view versus a garden view? I'd love to be close or in the main building but not sure what rooms those are.
August 2021? Yikes, I didn't realize the Poly would be closed that long.
The rooms in the main building are all Club rooms with theme park view or garden/pool view.

August 2021? Yikes, I didn't realize the Poly would be closed that long.

Yeah, Poly was supposed to open October 2020 but today Disney announced an extension of the closure through "Summer 2021" and pending Moana-inspired renovations to the resort-side rooms and renovations to the Grand Ceremonial House. They were otherwise pretty light on the details.

Sorry you were moved, but the Grand is beautiful and the pools are great! I hope you enjoy it just as much, if not more! To be honest, view is simply your preference, but I feel like every building is walkable to the main bldg.! Check out the map and see which you’d prefer and go from there!! Hope you have a great trip!!!

Any refurb rumors? Wondering with extended closure and now Poly refurb news... 🤔
I’d love to know too! I could be mistaken but I believe the villas are slated for a soft goods refurb in 2021. I don’t own DVC so I’m not sure if these dates can be changed or are ever adjusted.

I’d love to know too! I could be mistaken but I believe the villas are slated for a soft goods refurb in 2021. I don’t own DVC so I’m not sure if these dates can be changed or are ever adjusted.
The villas are beautiful! I don’t own DVC either- I’m hoping the hotel side gets a refurb!

Poly was supposed to get refurb this year. Last time was Late 2012/spring 2013. I stayed in Hawaii late March 2013 and it had just opened.
Gf last refurb was 2014. So it should be 1 year or 2 behind .

VGF opened in 2013, so it also should be soon for soft goods.
With loss of income the refurbs may be pushed back a bit.

It's the moment of truth now that discounts have been released - DSis and I have decided to "hail mary" the GF for our early Nov trip...in the hopes that the MK walkway will be open. We're at CR right now, but we really want to switch over (note: I reserve the right to change my mind 90 times).

Come on, Disney - throw a girl a bit of good news!!!!

Sorry you were moved, but the Grand is beautiful and the pools are great! I hope you enjoy it just as much, if not more! To be honest, view is simply your preference, but I feel like every building is walkable to the main bldg.! Check out the map and see which you’d prefer and go from there!! Hope you have a great trip!!!

View attachment 522979
Thank you!! We will have a 11 year old and 9 year old with us. When we stay at the resort, in the mornings or afternoons while we are there, we let them go to the quick service by themselves to refill mugs. As long as everything is within a good walking distance I think we will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter