(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that on the Disney webpage as well. I booked deluxe room Main Building for week of August 17th. I am kind of sad. I was sure they’d open The Grand. Do you think they are going to move us to something comparable like Contemporary Main Building Or the Poly? Or would they put us in a Villa?

It says on the website you have to call in to modify a trip, It is also being reported that they will not be moving anyone any ,longer.

If someone doesn’t call, then they will cancel within 7 days of the trip.

I case this helps anyone...
I got a response from a cast member regarding my August GF stay. He said...

You will have a chance to modify your reservation. At this time, we are working with Guests that are checking out on or before July 11.

I just read that on the Disney webpage as well. I booked deluxe room Main Building for week of August 17th. I am kind of sad. I was sure they’d open The Grand. Do you think they are going to move us to something comparable like Contemporary Main Building Or the Poly? Or would they put us in a Villa?
Now that CR is open that would be the closest. They have suites but cl currently not open.

Maybe a grand villa would be nice? Call to see. The good stuff will go fast.

Hey everyone

Hopefully visiting early October, I was able to get my park reservations yesterday. How did everyone else do?

I have to try and call tomorrow to add park tickets to my June 2021 dates so I can add park reservations.

I am booked at Poly for Labor Day weekend and was able to get everything I wanted yesterday. I could not book parks for GF/Poly next May though because they extended my AP before I could renew it, and the new expiration date doesn't cover next year's trip. Our TA is going to add park hoppers to our basic 2021 package tomorrow as "dummies" so that I'll be able to at least book then. I feel super weird about picking 2 weeks worth of parks for a year from now though, so I'm just going to pick whatever honestly and then modify like crazy when the actual time comes to coalesce some plans. It feels so stressful though, the opposite of what we intended when we decided to do such a long trip and basically come and go as we pleased.

I have to try and call tomorrow to add park tickets to my June 2021 dates so I can add park reservations.

I could not book parks for GF/Poly next May though because they extended my AP before I could renew it, and the new expiration date doesn't cover next year's trip. Our TA is going to add park hoppers to our basic 2021 package tomorrow as "dummies" so that I'll be able to at least book then.

Ok now I'm really confused! I knew park reservations were needed for upcoming summer/fall trips, but I didn't know reservations were continuing into next year. Has park hopping been paused/taken away for next year too?

Ok now I'm really confused! I knew park reservations were needed for upcoming summer/fall trips, but I didn't know reservations were continuing into next year. Has park hopping been paused/taken away for next year too?

Yeah park reservations are going until at least 9/26/21 and for some crazy masochistic reason Disney decided to let ALL those people book their parks starting yesterday if they had valid tickets and resort stays linked. Wednesday is supposed to be when room only 2021 guests can turn their reservations into packages by adding tickets and will immediately be able to book parks.

FWIW our TA said that Disney WILL offer park hopper tickets for 2021 and that they want to get the option available in the reservation system.

Yeah park reservations are going until at least 9/26/21 and for some crazy masochistic reason Disney decided to let ALL those people book their parks starting yesterday if they had valid tickets and resort stays linked. Wednesday is supposed to be when room only 2021 guests can turn their reservations into packages by adding tickets and will immediately be able to book parks.

FWIW our TA said that Disney WILL offer park hopper tickets for 2021 and that they want to get the option available in the reservation system.

Thank you for the info, especially about the hopper option, that's good to hear :goodvibes.

This is all such a huge mess :headache:. I really feel sorry for all the people who have to make adjustments for trips coming up in July/Aug/Sept. We are booked for Dec but I'm leaning toward cancelling, especially if all/most of the current restrictions are still in place. It's very disheartening, but it is what it is. Definitely a lot to think about!

I am booked at Poly for Labor Day weekend and was able to get everything I wanted yesterday. I could not book parks for GF/Poly next May though because they extended my AP before I could renew it, and the new expiration date doesn't cover next year's trip. Our TA is going to add park hoppers to our basic 2021 package tomorrow as "dummies" so that I'll be able to at least book then. I feel super weird about picking 2 weeks worth of parks for a year from now though, so I'm just going to pick whatever honestly and then modify like crazy when the actual time comes to coalesce some plans. It feels so stressful though, the opposite of what we intended when we decided to do such a long trip and basically come and go as we pleased.
I always loved planning and making all our Disney plans, I know most people don't like it but it always makes my trip feel closer then it is sometimes. But this is another level of crazy, even I am not loving it.

Thank you for the info, especially about the hopper option, that's good to hear :goodvibes.

This is all such a huge mess :headache:. I really feel sorry for all the people who have to make adjustments for trips coming up in July/Aug/Sept. We are booked for Dec but I'm leaning toward cancelling, especially if all/most of the current restrictions are still in place. It's very disheartening, but it is what it is. Definitely a lot to think about!

I know what you mean, but I honestly don't think things are going to be like they are when they first re-open. I am feeling very positive for now...lol

I always loved planning and making all our Disney plans, I know most people don't like it but it always makes my trip feel closer then it is sometimes. But this is another level of crazy, even I am not loving it.

Me too....planning is half the fun for me. I totally agree that this is another level of crazy! It's bad enough that so many trips have to be re-planned/re-booked, but getting so much conflicting information makes it worse as it makes the planning that much harder ☹ .

I know what you mean, but I honestly don't think things are going to be like they are when they first re-open. I am feeling very positive for now...lol

I hope things are better later in the year! I'll have to steal some of your positivity :laughing:. I'm not cancelling just yet as I'm waiting to see what things look like after the reopening, but I am preparing myself to cancel so it (hopefully) doesn't sting so much should it come to that.

My 8/20-23 GF RPC was changed to VGF 1 bedroom Lake View with rate of $717 a nite. WOOHOO!

I will take it!
Did Disney do this for you or did you call? Just curious and hopeful! I am booked at GF CL for 8/30 - 9/5 through my TA & she's been working her tail off trying to fix all of her clients' reservations through all of this chaos. I hate to keep bugging her! I'm just hoping for a decent swap, as this is a trip to celebrate my daughter's graduation from nursing school, and I worked some serious OT to do this....thanks NBA 🙄

Will people from the villas still be able to use the restaurants on the resort side when the NBA is there?

We finally booked 2021...really hoping we get to go with everything going on w Covid...we are planning March 5-11, first trip for our two year old...if not then, we are booking a back up for Dec 2021...anything new we should know about? We stayed in Conch Key in 2018.

Did Disney do this for you or did you call? Just curious and hopeful! I am booked at GF CL for 8/30 - 9/5 through my TA & she's been working her tail off trying to fix all of her clients' reservations through all of this chaos. I hate to keep bugging her! I'm just hoping for a decent swap, as this is a trip to celebrate my daughter's graduation from nursing school, and I worked some serious OT to do this....thanks NBA 🙄
I had a sun and fun offer from disney. I had to call to get changes. Basically got an upgrade (my poly cl changed to a 2 bed at blt) or another room at 35% off.

call 407-934-7639
Will people from the villas still be able to use the restaurants on the resort side when the NBA is there?
Good question! I don't mind using CC's at poly but still NO dining at your resort seems rough!
Hope more info comes from disney sooner than later......
We finally booked 2021...really hoping we get to go with everything going on w Covid...we are planning March 5-11, first trip for our two year old...if not then, we are booking a back up for Dec 2021...anything new we should know about? We stayed in Conch Key in 2018.
That is so far away lol. Keep watching here for updates and as always read page 1! Lots of nifty info and then ask q's here if needed.

Congrats!

I'm just hoping that for my Oct-Nov trip I can get park tickets...luckily I'm only a party of one...but still I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for tickets to open back up...I even had an AP in my cart last week and was trying to check out when Disney yanked it out from under me, I have all the errors my browser was throwing me when I was trying to check out. I even had a CM on the phone with me and she had no idea they were in the middle of stopping all sales...I find it a little infuriating that I had the AP, was in the middle of purchasing and they just yanked it out from under me...Now as a DVC member with a valid booking...I can't even get tickets to see if I can even get into the parks...C'mon Disney...I have a confirmed booking...why not allow those of us with confirmed bookings purchase park tickets... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter