(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a June reservation (was a backup for 2 other cancelled trips) but probably won't keep it either as I don't think a Phase 1 park opening experience is what I want to pay for. I have a mid-November one but am considering a Sept. visit as well. My last trip was mid-January and I am having a hard time thinking about waiting til November to go back!!
Oh my goodness, Wishes, so happy to hear that you and your son are all well (I had a vague recollection of your reporting that he was sick). Nobody in my family has gotten the virus, and my daughter, who works at an assisted living facility several counties over, feels very fortunate that they haven't had a single case yet!

I also have a June reservation (was a backup for 2 other cancelled trips) but probably won't keep it either as I don't think a Phase 1 park opening experience is what I want to pay for. I have a mid-November one but am considering a Sept. visit as well. My last trip was mid-January and I am having a hard time thinking about waiting til November to go back!!
Oh my goodness, Wishes, so happy to hear that you and your son are all well (I had a vague recollection of your reporting that he was sick). Nobody in my family has gotten the virus, and my daughter, who works at an assisted living facility several counties over, feels very fortunate that they haven't had a single case yet!

I know how you feel, I just can't wait to go but I want it to include everything I love. I hope September is good for you and October works for me...:goodvibes

My DS was way way worst then me, thank goodness neither of us needed a hospital. Neither of us had a temperature, not even a low one. So please keep in mind all this temperature taking thats being planned means NOTHING!!!!

I am so happy your daughter is doing well, her patients are lucky to have her!!! Stay safe my friend.

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to cancel my June trip from what I am seeing the game plan is for Phase 1. Maybe I'll book next June while I am on the phone. I am not worried, but I will be beyond upset if I can't go next June. Right now fingers crossed for October.

You're welcome :)

I'm sorry you're considering cancelling your June trip, but it's totally understandable. I hope your Oct trip goes as planned as well as a June trip next year :goodvibes.

My DS was way way worst then me, thank goodness neither of us needed a hospital. Neither of us had a temperature, not even a low one. So please keep in mind all this temperature taking thats being planned means NOTHING!!!!

I'm glad you and your DS are ok! I agree with you about temperatures. My DS's girlfriend's sister just got over the virus and she never had a fever. She had a mild case of it, but still never a fever.

@mickeynut1 Thanks for your help! I do remember October being much busier than the other times we visited. I’d be looking for a room in Sugarloaf; ideally, I’d love RPC again but I think we’re officially priced out of those rooms now when we travel with the kids. There are too many of us now (5 + 1 infant) & pricing easily gets out of hand for a 10-14 day trip.

If my math is right, we still have some time to decide as 499 days out only takes me to next September. I’ll try to get the hubby to firm up some plans between now & then!

@mickeynut1 Thanks for your help! I do remember October being much busier than the other times we visited. I’d be looking for a room in Sugarloaf; ideally, I’d love RPC again but I think we’re officially priced out of those rooms now when we travel with the kids. There are too many of us now (5 + 1 infant) & pricing easily gets out of hand for a 10-14 day trip.

If my math is right, we still have some time to decide as 499 days out only takes me to next September. I’ll try to get the hubby to firm up some plans between now & then!

You're welcome :).

I totally understand about RPC. I love RPC and while the deluxe rates overall keep increasing, RPC rates have gotten crazy! I agree about being priced out as it adds up quick, especially for a 10-14 day trip! Good luck and have fun planning :goodvibes.

I know how you feel, I just can't wait to go but I want it to include everything I love. I hope September is good for you and October works for me...:goodvibes

I am so happy your daughter is doing well, her patients are lucky to have her!!! Stay safe my friend.
Thanks!
That's what has been in my mind re: the temperature taking...you can be sick without having a temp!

Is possible to book 2021 yet? As far as I can see only for January 2021. My 30th anniversary is in June, we spent our honeymoon in Disney World and I really have my heart set to be there June 2021.

It’s possible but you’ll have to call if you don’t go through a TA. We booked the other day with our TA for 5/22/21 - 6/4/21. Usually we book room only but our TA told us about the basic package that @mickeynut1 mentioned so we went with that. She implied this is something a bit unusual that Disney is offering, and sure enough in MDE our reservations are showing up as “2021 Return Basic Package”. Given that we had to pay two deposits for our split stay, we saved a bundle on them, just $200 each. We still plan to do tickets separately, I’ll renew my AP which was set to expire in August, and we’ll get a discounted third party reseller ticket for my gf and upgrade that to an AP.

Spending such a milestone anniversary at the World sounds amazing, I hope you and your husband have a great time, and I’m glad you all are in good health! I’m with the city also and have been training NYPD cadets on a covid related special temp project. They’re my favorite trainees, always on time!

It’s possible but you’ll have to call if you don’t go through a TA. We booked the other day with our TA for 5/22/21 - 6/4/21. Usually we book room only but our TA told us about the basic package that @mickeynut1 mentioned so we went with that. She implied this is something a bit unusual that Disney is offering, and sure enough in MDE our reservations are showing up as “2021 Return Basic Package”. Given that we had to pay two deposits for our split stay, we saved a bundle on them, just $200 each. We still plan to do tickets separately, I’ll renew my AP which was set to expire in August, and we’ll get a discounted third party reseller ticket for my gf and upgrade that to an AP.

Spending such a milestone anniversary at the World sounds amazing, I hope you and your husband have a great time, and I’m glad you all are in good health! I’m with the city also and have been training NYPD cadets on a covid related special temp project. They’re my favorite trainees, always on time!

Thank you so much for all the help. I am going to wait until next week to officially cancel my June trip in hopes that I can apply the free dining to my October trip with the kids. If its not possible I am just going to call and reschedule what you did for June 2021. We'll probably be overlapping you for a day or two.

My son loved the academy even though it was so tough, he made amazing friends and learned so much. Stay safe we heard of so many cadets contracted covid. Hopefully there's a light at the end of this tunnel soon and there's no second wave. Thank you for your service.

I have a trip planned in January at VGF, hopeful that the virus will be tempered by then. I was wondering about storing bags on check-in day. I'll be coming in via DMX, so checked bags should be set. For carry ons that I don't need in the parks, is there Bell Services in the Villa lobby, or just the Main Building?

Thanks!

May the 4th ...

When we rescheduled our RPC trip from 2020 to 2021, we ended up with a check-in date of May the 4th! It was not intended, honest! Hopefully, it will only be one more year before we can don a fluffy robe and flop down on a sofa in the GF after spending at least a portion of that first day in a certain land at the Studios!

GF 2b.jpg

I have a trip planned in January at VGF, hopeful that the virus will be tempered by then. I was wondering about storing bags on check-in day. I'll be coming in via DMX, so checked bags should be set. For carry ons that I don't need in the parks, is there Bell Services in the Villa lobby, or just the Main Building?

Thanks!
The Villas will store them for you without getting Bell Services involved, but you can use Bell Services if you prefer. The man who greets your car at the Villas is not a tipped position, but he can store your luggage temporarily. He can even put it on a luggage cart for you. When your room is ready, you can see him to retrieve the cart and go on up to your room. If you need assistance beyond this, you can always have him get Bell Services for you.

The Villas will store them for you without getting Bell Services involved, but you can use Bell Services if you prefer. The man who greets your car at the Villas is not a tipped position, but he can store your luggage temporarily. He can even put it on a luggage cart for you. When your room is ready, you can see him to retrieve the cart and go on up to your room. If you need assistance beyond this, you can always have him get Bell Services for you.

Thank you! I'll likely be coming in via Magical Express, so I'll probably be dropped off in front of the main building. I just through about checking in at the Villas, because I heard it's a different experience than checking in at the Main building.

Hello everyone and Happy Mother's Day!:flower1:

I feel like a have a little extra spring in my step today just knowing that Disney Springs in opening soon. I don't have plans to go anytime soon, just happy to finally hear good news. Fingers crossed things move forward with the virus staying at bay. I can't wait for the world and Disney World to return to way we love it.

Have a great day everyone! :goodvibes

Hi. Happy Mother's Day!
My daughter, my niece, and I are in the RPC the week of Aug. 17th. I'm being hopeful and haven't cancelled it. We love the Grand, and aren't too bothered by the thought of limited access to rides and attractions. Just wondering... What do you guys think The Grand/RPC will be like in August, if it is open? Any ideas?

Hi. Happy Mother's Day!
My daughter, my niece, and I are in the RPC the week of Aug. 17th. I'm being hopeful and haven't cancelled it. We love the Grand, and aren't too bothered by the thought of limited access to rides and attractions. Just wondering... What do you guys think The Grand/RPC will be like in August, if it is open? Any ideas?
Good question!

Seating wise they have plenty of room to space them out even spreading some up to 5th floor.

Food though, hmm, its all kind of close together.

I think they could do beverages and basic snacks with some thought.

Maybe they could require gloves and masks when we get out food n drinks then take them off to eat?
They did have a hand sanitizer station our trip March 6-9th.

I would be good with clean your hands then enter?

Wait n see I guess. I keep booking trips lol. I booked rpc 8/20-23 as another option. DD and I are besides ourselves lol.

Good question!

Seating wise they have plenty of room to space them out even spreading some up to 5th floor.

Food though, hmm, its all kind of close together.

I think they could do beverages and basic snacks with some thought.

Maybe they could require gloves and masks when we get out food n drinks then take them off to eat?
They did have a hand sanitizer station our trip March 6-9th.

I would be good with clean your hands then enter?

Wait n see I guess. I keep booking trips lol. I booked rpc 8/20-23 as another option. DD and I are besides ourselves lol.
I’m wondering about buffets in general. I don’t think we may be seeing them for awhile. I was reading that they’re taking out all self serve things at the resorts. Including in room coffee makers :-( So I’m assuming this will mean CL buffets too. Maybe they’ll have a cm serving?
We have early Aug booked at wdw but I’m doubtful it’s going to happen, Canada isn’t in a rush to open up the border.

I’m wondering about buffets in general. I don’t think we may be seeing them for awhile. I was reading that they’re taking out all self serve things at the resorts. Including in room coffee makers :-( So I’m assuming this will mean CL buffets too. Maybe they’ll have a cm serving?
We have early Aug booked at wdw but I’m doubtful it’s going to happen, Canada isn’t in a rush to open up the border.
I saw that too. Phase 1 for hotels but it won’t last forever.

My upstate NY county actually opening phase 1 this Friday. Maybe we get to go back to work soon!

I would just order room service and still go lol. Dd and I keep having dreams about it. For Mother’s Day we watched all the old vcr and dvds of Disney planning we had.

Great times!

Hope you get to go soon! Maybe mvmcp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter