(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lisann - nice to see you back - I was in hiding too........I hate when Life gets in the way of my vacations!!!! I'm under 60 days and really need this one......we buried mom on Saturday the 10th......cancer sucks!!!!

One of her last wishes was to be sure to get two Christmas ornaments -- one for each granddaughter so they will continue to have a new one each year.

So, anyone been at the Grand lately, what's the latest going on there besides the Gaspy renovation?

Tom
Sorry Tom

I lost my dad this year and it is very tough at the holiday time. So sweet about the christmas ornaments.

First thing I did was book a trip for my Mom in her birthday month so she has something to look forward to.

Maybe you need to book more trips? I remember Uncle Tom usually has some of the kiddos with him so maybe the grandchildren will need to go with you.

Yes cancer sucks. Thats how I lost my dads mom and my moms dad.

Tom - Very sorry for the loss of your Mother. I lost my mother 6 years ago this past December 7 and almost 30 years ago on Christmas Eve for my Dad. No matter what kind of illness they die from, it's awful.

Glad you have a trip coming up! Hopefully that will brighten your spirits a bit.

Trish - Remembering you too this time of year.

What floor is the laundry room on in the DCV building? Thanks!
As someone else has already said, 4th floor. Ice is on 2nd and 4th.

The washer is pretty small. So, keep the loads small. We had two packets of All in our studio.

Oh, and don't forget that you can get movies from the front desk. We watched Bolt as we were packing up our stuff.

Tom Condolences to you on your loss...:sad1:

Trish I think it's just great that you are taking mom away fro her birthday...making new and happy memories help to keep the sadness away...:goodvibes

Just read this here on the Dis~On Saturday Dec 17th the GF will be hosting a garden party in the Mary Poppins Garden over near 1900 PF..from 7 to 10pm..open to the public..no reservation needed...there will be live music and also specialty cocktails available for purchase....sounds interesting....wonder why its only offered on one date :confused3 ??? So for anyone heading down soon..there is something new and hopefully grand to try...and if you do get to ...hope that you will come back and share details with us here....:thumbsup2

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful Wednesday....:earsgirl:

As someone else has already said, 4th floor. Ice is on 2nd and 4th.

The washer is pretty small. So, keep the loads small. We had two packets of All in our studio.

Oh, and don't forget that you can get movies from the front desk. We watched Bolt as we were packing up our stuff.
Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts, they are much appreciated. @BlueSkies I arrive on 2/1/17 -- it appears I will miss you by what, a day or 2? Tom

Just a couple of days...and we will be on the Epcot side again this trip....Not so on the next one after that though...it will be back to my very fave...and we all know where that is!! ;) ::yes:: :cloud9:

ETA..Hey MommyGina ...:wave2:...and all of my fellow Grand Groupies as our friend pas calls us...lol..

Last edited:
Any new word on Gasparilla Grill?

It looks like it reopened? When I checked WDW's website on Monday, it said the place was closed. Now it's showing daily hours again. Simple Google searches show its hours of operation when, again, a few days ago it said "Closed." Finally, AllEars has removed it from its refurbishment/closed section.

Can anyone onsite confirm?

It looks like it reopened? When I checked WDW's website on Monday, it said the place was closed. Now it's showing daily hours again. Simple Google searches show its hours of operation when, again, a few days ago it said "Closed." Finally, AllEars has removed it from its refurbishment/closed section.

Can anyone onsite confirm?

Not open at 8am today (Friday). We've found the best option to be Beaches Pool (breakfast starts at 7am and it's open until 9pm for dinner). At registration they directed us to use Mizner's lounge but the options are very limited and it gets crowded.

Here now. It is still closed. We walked to the pool bar to get a smoothie and I asked when Gasparillas would be open and he said Tuesday.

Does anyone know exactly why Gasparilla's is closed? Kitchen renovation maybe?
I think the last closure it was the kitchen Reno. Not sure why their closed this time. Renovating dining side? Not that they need it. I like the dining area.

Not open at 8am today (Friday). We've found the best option to be Beaches Pool (breakfast starts at 7am and it's open until 9pm for dinner). At registration they directed us to use Mizner's lounge but the options are very limited and it gets crowded.
Love Beaches Pool bar, crab cakes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter