• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Just living vicariously through your stories and pictures! We are going 10/25-11/3 of 2017!!!!! Ugh, soooo far! I plan to book as soon as 2017 packages come out. Our first time at Grand Floridian, normally we stay at Beach Club.

Okay, carry on! At least we are going to Dollywood for a few nights in September, should be fun! :p

Good evening fellow GF Fans...:flower:
Just skimmed..but havent really been able to catch up...
Life has been getting in the way of my fave pass time...hanging around here!!

Missed grannyminne and Lisanne's trips..hope they were truly grand!! Even though you were staying at other resorts..:goodvibes

To all those who have booked first time stays..you are in for a treat! :thumbsup2 And to those heading back...congrats!! Fun to look forward to!

I am doing the single digit dance...woohoo..:dance3:...and cannot wait to get back to the world!!

Hope you all had a magical Monday! princess:..happy..almost packed ( hear that Tom!) GF Gal...

Eta...Trish great tea time pics..thanks for sharing them...and..MommyG I will take some refillable mug pics for you!

Last edited:
I was disappointed that the room only discount only goes to the beginning of November. We were hoping to travel the week after thanksgiving. Does anyone remember if there was a room only for this time of year last year? I know we went mid November and had the discount at the same time free dining was offered, but our bounceback didn't include November 2016 so I was hoping for some sort of discount so I can justify the GF. I am torn if I should just book and hope, or wait. The free dining doesn't work for us because we are only going for two nights and may visit Lego Land or just do the christmas party instead of a full day.

I was disappointed that the room only discount only goes to the beginning of November. We were hoping to travel the week after thanksgiving. Does anyone remember if there was a room only for this time of year last year? I know we went mid November and had the discount at the same time free dining was offered, but our bounceback didn't include November 2016 so I was hoping for some sort of discount so I can justify the GF. I am torn if I should just book and hope, or wait. The free dining doesn't work for us because we are only going for two nights and may visit Lego Land or just do the christmas party instead of a full day.

Always book, you can cancel if you find something better.

I'm in the same boat. Looking for a discount on my split stay starting on Dec 17th.

MouseSavers shows historical discounts back to 2012. Room only discounts for late fall are generally released much later than the free dining promotion. For example, discounts in late November-December were started on in 8/27/12, 8/1/13, 7/23/14 and 6/16/15. So I would expect that if they do occur, it won't be for a few months. However, it does seem to be getting earlier every year!

[QUOTE="BlueSkies, post: 55634954, member: 205425
Hope you all had a magical Monday! princess:..happy..almost packed ( hear that Tom!) [/QUOTE]

Almost packed????? But it is days and days away....styles could change, the forecast could change.....nothing like winging the packing the morning of...I've many a nice new item at the World when I realized I didn't bring all I needed.

Tom

Hello all,
I have a question I am not sure about. when we decided to book our split stay the least expensive rooms were outer building club level ones. Are all these rooms in Sugarloaf or could we be put in a room in another outer building but with club privileges?

Hello all,
I have a question I am not sure about. when we decided to book our split stay the least expensive rooms were outer building club level ones. Are all these rooms in Sugarloaf or could we be put in a room in another outer building but with club privileges?
You will be in Sugarloaf, and you will love it there CONGRATS!

@Blue Skies SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost packed????? But it is days and days away....styles could change, the forecast could change.....nothing like winging the packing the morning of...I've many a nice new item at the World when I realized I didn't bring all I needed.

Tom

Styles could change! Hah! Love it! We are heading to NYC for a few days of art, theatre and fun before our GF invasion. So, the cases will be filled with sweaters and jackets and umbrellas for NY ... and a bikini for the GF. Okay, okay, I will pack a few other things, too. Security has never been thrilled with a mere bikini in the parks. Rather short-sighted of them, really. :rotfl: Any GF trip is so exciting that I find myself writing out lists ten, twelve months out! Even with all the forward planning in the world, I often find something missing. Just not the bikini!

Styles could change! Hah! Love it! We are heading to NYC for a few days of art, theatre and fun before our GF invasion. So, the cases will be filled with sweaters and jackets and umbrellas for NY ... and a bikini for the GF. Okay, okay, I will pack a few other things, too. Security has never been thrilled with a mere bikini in the parks. Rather short-sighted of them, really. :rotfl: Any GF trip is so exciting that I find myself writing out lists ten, twelve months out! Even with all the forward planning in the world, I often find something missing. Just not the bikini!
You're SO close too!!! I'm with Tom, I obsess and plan yes but pack... that may wait until the very last second...

Due to the discounts that came out today I was able to switch to the Grand Floridian for our stay instead of the beach club.

I am booked for a lagoon view. Last time I was at the grand i had a garden view and I was totally happy with that. should I call and switch it back to a garden view?? Lagoon view would just be of sevens seas lagoon right not the theme parks..or do you get lucky sometimes with a lagoon view and get a theme park view in there as well???
I've had both a garden view (courtyard pool) and a Lagoon view facing Poly. Both views are nice. We enjoyed watching the Electric Water Parade from our balcony with the lagoon view.

Hello! With the recent RO discount that just came out we switched from a SV @ POLY to TPV Outer Building at GF. Does anyone have any room request recommendations? It's just my boyfriend and I. From the little bit of research I've done, some TPV rooms are obstructed so I'd really like to avoid that. Also does anyone know if there are King beds available?

:thanks:

Hello all,

I have not heard of that happening. Barring something catastrophic, you will be in Sugar Loaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter