(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you have to deal with the closure! Let us know if you hear any rumors about the refurb...maybe it was something structural like wiring/pipes they wanted to update if it didn't need a cosmetic makeover. Just taking a wild guess haha! Have a great trip!!!

We arrive on there the 3rd-12th. I'll be checking the Gasparilla grill out as soon as it's open. I've never been before but I'll take pics and post them here so someone else can see if anything has changed.

I'm beyond excited, I can't believe we're really staying at GF!

Me too...hoping to send Trish off in Dis style! party: :wave2:
We had a great 1st day!

For some reason I thought Trish was leaving the 19th but I just looked at her signature and it's today!!! Woo-hoo!! Have some magical fun Trish! :wizard:
Thanks
Hey MommyGina...All of this alligator talk is giving me the :earseek:...lol....Hope that you have a good day too!

grannyminnie I just noticed in your siggie that your ticker says 1 month to DL!!! :dance3:

Last I heard from Trish she was on the ME!!! :wizard:
Oh no now back home!

Hope to see some pictures from Trish soon!
Coming up!

I think Trish should be there now. She was flying out same day as us, today. But we're in Ft Lauderdale untill 22nd, so will miss her in wdw. Got to airport car rental place today, and promptly slammed stupid car door on my thumb, ugh. Not a good way to start the vacay
Was nice texting you on our trip!
There are night scenes:
View attachment 115593

There are atmospheric scenes:
View attachment 115594

There are meteorological scenes:
View attachment 115595
Always love the pix

Hello, my Grand friends!! :grouphug: Sorry I have been gone so long, I have been very busy with life but really have no good excuse for my extended absence. Just laziness. :blush: Wow, things have really changed on the DIS!

BlueSkies, how appropriate I am posting right after your latest, how are you?! Great, I hope - I need to catch up with everyone. Missed you all, I'll bet you've had some great trips to our favorite place.

I know there are many updates that need to be added/deleted from the first page. I will try to find some time this weekend to get as much done as possible.

Looking forward to getting back in the DIS mood.:rainbow:
Missed you!!!

Hi! We'll be arriving at the Grand on Sunday. We were a bit disappointed about Gaspys refurb, but just a bit... who can be disappointed at the Grand?!!!
I'm just starting to pack, and I need someone to help jog my memory. Which H2O Spa products (love, love, love them) are provided in the room? We are in an outer building, not concierge, in case that makes a difference. Thanks!!!
PS- I just LOVE this forum. (Just wish I had more time to contribute.) I will post any super cool pictures of the Grand that my DD takes.

Just a few more days!!! Luck you!!! :dance3:Another h2O fan here too! There is the sea marine shampoo and conditioner, sea salt body wash, a newer hand lotion...they don't have the body butter any longer...mint foot rub and also a new addition of solar relief gel....:cloud9: Looking forward to seeing the pics of your trip! :goodvibes

I was so happy to be away on the must needed break.

I will try to send the pix from my phone.

Basically I loved SL!!! Our room 6411 was great. I loved the dormer after all! The views were amazing and I watched fireworks from the balcony on our last night!!!

The service was amazing! Everyone was so friendly! By far my best CL experience!!!

Ok pic time:

Going home day: Sitting on the GF beach with my complimentary GF cl wine. I asked for that and grabbed 2 waters to go. I was offered to have them carried to the beach pool if i needed it. WOW!!! Then after swim and shower I was treated like a princess. Francisco offered me some cognac or coridal of my choice. I had some Grand Mariner with my trifle. AHHHH what a way to end vacation

image.jpg

Take you're time, it sometimes takes a little time to get back in the groove :).

Don't feel bad about multi-quoting, I had the same problem with this new format as it took me a couple of weeks to get it down :laughing:.

Ah, glad to hear I'm not the only one! lol It will take me some time to get the hang of things, I am not on Facebook or Twitter, so all the "likes", etc. have thrown me a bit. Along with the "alerts" at the top of the page - not sure I get it.:confused: The whole page feels cluttered to me now, I need to see if there is still the ability to turn off the sigs, until I get acclimated. ??

The flip flop discussion a few pages back is more my speed, I need to look those up. ;)

I know that everyone has their favorites for different reason.. Tom like the serenity of Sago Cay..MickeyNut is a fan of Big Pine for is proximity to both pools and the main building....my recommendation would be Boca Chica..for its proximity to the courtyard pool..the boat dock and the lovely views out across the courtyard area and of the main building :lovestruc...HTH...You really cant go wrong they are all wonderful options!

k&a&c'smom Even though these new boards are a bit daunting at first..most things seem easier over all to me....and since I am seriously challenged that is saying A LOT! lol...So are you posting about now...????????????????;)

MickeyNut I have a feeling the you are going to have a collection of those new Disney Haviana flip flops! ::yes:: :confused3 lol....

~ Looks like there will be a new offering at MNSSHP....a premium dessert package with a reserved viewing to the Boo to You parade and desserts and HalloWishes viewing at the Tomorrowland Terrace with very cool sounding Halloween themed desserts! :thumbsup2 I think we might "need" to do this....lol....:wizard: ....

Took me a while to find the time stamp, I wasn't posting at the exact same time, but pretty close! :teeth:

I agree with everything you wrote about the outer buildings. Each has its good points, hard to think of a bad building. There are a few rooms I would prefer not to be assigned, but not many. We, too, especially enjoy Boca for all the reasons you gave.

Speaking of flops - thanks for reminding me of the name, now I don't have to go back and find it. hehe

Missed you!!!

:goodvibes: Thanks, I missed all of you, too. Sounds like you had another wonderful trip, loved the photos!

~ Looks like there will be a new offering at MNSSHP....a premium dessert package with a reserved viewing to the Boo to You parade and desserts and HalloWishes viewing at the Tomorrowland Terrace with very cool sounding Halloween themed desserts! :thumbsup2 I think we might "need" to do this....lol....:wizard:
Another h2O fan here too! There is the sea marine shampoo and conditioner, sea salt body wash, a newer hand lotion...they don't have the body butter any longer...mint foot rub and also a new addition of solar relief gel....:cloud9:

Thanks for the info. Love MNSSHP, though we've never done any of the dessert pkgs.

Love the H2O Sea Marine products, they smell wonderful. Just used the shampoo and body wash a couple hours ago. :teeth: Interesting about the body butter, what is the new lotion like? Glad to hear the solar relief gel is now included, we have gotten it sporadically in the past. Great stuff.

PS - I need to update all the transportation and refurb info on the first page. I assume everything is completed now? (except some of the suites?) Monorail and bus routes back to normal?

trishadono - thanks for posting all those pics. I'm glad you had a great time. Sometimes I think that SL doesn't get the "love" it deserves because people keep comparing it to RPC. We've stayed in both, and while RPC was very nice, I also like SL.

I stayed there beginning August, I had a key to both lounges and Rpc is much better,service wise and they separate the beer(keep in frig) from wine more assortment of wine, not as congested.

Just a few more days!!! Luck you!!! :dance3:Another h2O fan here too! There is the sea marine shampoo and conditioner, sea salt body wash, a newer hand lotion...they don't have the body butter any longer...mint foot rub and also a new addition of solar relief gel....:cloud9: Looking forward to seeing the pics of your trip! :goodvibes

Are the toiletries provided the little-bitty bottles? I have really thick hair and need at least 2 of those little hotel bottles for each wash/condition. But I feel like I remember at our AKL stay they were a little bigger than normal hotel provided toiletries?? Am I remembering that right?

We arrive on there the 3rd-12th. I'll be checking the Gasparilla grill out as soon as it's open. I've never been before but I'll take pics and post them here so someone else can see if anything has changed.

I'm beyond excited, I can't believe we're really staying at GF!

Thanks!! You'll be there soon!!!

It'll be our first time at GF in November so I can't wait to hear how your experience is for your first trip!

Are the toiletries provided the little-bitty bottles? I have really thick hair and need at least 2 of those little hotel bottles for each wash/condition. But I feel like I remember at our AKL stay they were a little bigger than normal hotel provided toiletries?? Am I remembering that right?

Congrats on your first GF stay! :goodvibes There are photos of the toiletries on the first page, in the "Guest Rooms" post (#3, I think?). I'll see if I can find it. The bottles are about the same size as most upscale resort shampoos, etc.

The shampoo and conditioner are quick thick and goes a long way. My DD and I have very thick hair, I use about 1/3 bottle per wash, she uses about 1/2. But, if you find it isn't enough you can call housekeeping and ask for more, they are happy to provide it.

ETA: found the photo, you can see the bottles of toiletries to the right of the sinks, near the tissues. I have close ups, but they are of the older type bottles, these are the new ones (I think!). HTH! :sunny:

IMG_0622_zpsd54c7b81.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter