(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday! DD comes home today! WOOHOO

Tomorrow is a big track meet at home school, ds is doing the steeplechase (3000 meters with hurdles and a puddle to jump over, you get wet!)

Sunday, well, it's Mother's Day, so I am wishing all a wonderful day and weekend (except Tom of course)!

Here is your gift, this is the view from SL from the lodge tower room :), wish we were there!

2014 1792.JPG

Tomorrow is a big track meet at home school, ds is doing the steeplechase (3000 meters with hurdles and a puddle to jump over, you get wet!)

Sunday, well, it's Mother's Day, so I am wishing all a wonderful day and weekend (except Tom of course)!

Here is your gift, this is the view from SL from the lodge tower room :), wish we were there!

View attachment 94804

Ahhh thank you for this picture! I have requested this room for our fall stay! :)

First I have to say that was an impressive multi quote!

I can confirm the rear area of Main Street Jewelers is indeed devoted to all things Pandora. There are a series of necklaces (which I switched to this trip!) ranging from 16 inches to 20 inches. There are only about a dozen park exclusive charms, the latest released in March. I wasn't really thrilled with any of those as I had my favorites already.

They did release some Mother's Day charms in DTD while I was there but those were not Disney Park exclusive. They also had Murano Glass Bead Charms that supposedly glowed at night. I (of course) got the Tinker Bell Green but I haven't noticed it glow yet.

Summer Lace has the same charms as everyone else but the display is much smaller. I wouldn't expect any resort specific charms as Disney seems to be going to a "core" philosophy: every place has the same things. While convenient, it is also sad since there isn't anything really unique anymore. DTD, all the parks and the deluxe resorts have the same selection of charms and bags. (Animal Kingdom Lodge didn't have Dooney Bags and I'm not sure about the deluxe Epcot resorts as we didn't make it there) and they were basically all the same. I found the perfect Dooney in DTD after a sweet CM looked through their back stock for it! :) When she brought it out a couple of ladies offered to buy it if I didn't want it!

And yes I spent more time shopping and eating than anything else! We only managed to make 4 fast passes in 8 days.

Current plan for years end is a Disney Cruise in late November or Early December with a GF stay on the end of the cruise.

Happy Planning!

Liz
I have gotten a few Disney beads, when they carried the other brand, but they fit Pandora. I have Snow Whites Apple, the Make a Wish charm, and another, lol. Can't remember! It was that shop on the right. Had a big display case in front, square. Also sold Watches & Dooneys. Then another display case in back.

I will be arriving at the Grand Monday.We are having dinner at V&A Monday night. I know if you're coming from another resort valet parking is included for V&A, is it still included if you're staying at GF?

In other words if I valet park when I arrive Monday would my V&A receipt from Monday night cancel the valet fee when I call for my vehicle Tuesday morning or is it only good for the 3 or 4 hours for dinner?

Last edited:
image.jpg

View attachment 94804
Thanks for the relaxing pic! Now here's mine to share...even though I probably have a better pic on hubby's phone:)
This is from the RPC lounge looking toward the Seven Seas Lagoon. I thought I had the Epcot ball in the distance, but that must have been from another angle. Wow, how I wish I were there now! DD11 has been sick all week and I think we'll be doing makeup work all weekend (so much for Mother's Day!)

so excited for our first visit to GF in July. Couple questions for the pros...... How long is the walk to Poly? Better to take the boat? Do all the rooms have full balconies? I requested Boca Chica and would like a good view of pool ... Anything else I should request.

so excited for our first visit to GF in July. Couple questions for the pros...... How long is the walk to Poly? Better to take the boat? Do all the rooms have full balconies? I requested Boca Chica and would like a good view of pool ... Anything else I should request.
The path to Poly is very pleasant. I like to walk there then take monorail back. It's about 20 min at a stroll.
We enjoyed our Boca Chica pool view. All rooms do have balconies. Beware some of the upper floor rooms are dormer, so they're a little smaller and balcony has solid wall. So you can't see out sitting down. Personally I don't like these rooms, but it's a personal preference, as some love them, and make that their request.

The walk to Poly is nice, as Sue said, but I prefer the boat. It's really peaceful (at night especially), and it is faster...we seem to always be running late to our dinner reservation at 'Ohana. We do enough walking at the Parks, so I prefer to take the boat when I can. We like to take the boat back from MK too as opposed to the monorail. The monorail is faster going from GF to MK, but the boat is faster going back. Enjoy your trip!

Morning fellow GF fans!

Loving all of the pics! Thanks Trish & Dispro !! :goodvibes Wanted to share one too...and it worked..WooHoo!! The GF grounds are so beautiful ...especially at night!! I am such a fan of that courtyard view!

Boohoo..It didnt work right....the picture would only come up very small???? Ugghhh...I will get it one of these days..maybe....?????????????????

Last edited:
Morning fellow GF fans!

Loving all of the pics! Thanks Trish & Dispro !! :goodvibes Wanted to share one too...and it worked..WooHoo!! The GF grounds are so beautiful ...especially at night!! I am such a fan of that courtyard view!

Boohoo..It didnt work right....the picture would only come up very small???? Ugghhh...I will get it one of these days..maybe....?????????????????
When I upload it asks me if I want to do it Thumbnail or Large? I pick large. Does it ask you that?

You can still post small we will be happy to see it:)

Good morning! This thread is a wealth of information. I love it.

I did my online check in this morning :dance3:and I didn't fill out any requests since I gave requests when I made the reservation. Does anyone know if they will stay on the reservation or cancel since I did online check in without requests.

Wow... I hope that makes sense to someone here.

Just another thought on my Friday Floridian fact...lol....Bermuda Bahama ..come on pretty mama...C'mon...sing along...lol....

hello everyone,
we are staying GF for 2 weeks in Oct 2016. Can i ask. We will be 2 adults and 3 young kids ( 6,4,2 ).
We have booked a Theme Park View Room in the Outer Buildings ( i think they are putting us in Boca Chica )
For our family size do you think its better to have the 2 queen size beds & day bed or 1 king size bed & pull out double sofa bed.
Our kids are small and i was thinking the 3 would fit easily in the king bed & myself & hubby could use the sofa bed.
Otherwise it would be us in 1 queen, the 2 girls in the other queen & our youngest little man in the day bed.
Can you get bed rails etc, or is it easy to move furniture around.

Most standard rooms at the GF have the traditional set up of 2 queen beds and a day bed..and I would think that they would place a family of 5 in a one of those rooms...I also think that the maximum occupancy is 3 in a standard room with a king bed?? I'm pretty sure these have a day bed and not a pull out that is in the deluxe king rooms...which is an entirely different room category.. But not positive if that has changed since the refurb?? Bed rails are available upon request..:thumbsup2...Not sure about the moving of the furniture as we have never tried?? Dosent seem likey though.. TPV rooms have such a wonderful view..and are in Sago, Conch and also as you mentioned Boca Chica....If you requested BC I am sure you will enjoy it..its a very centrally located outer building .. but....lol...with a TPV room booked I would recommend Conch Key...which is also is a central location and has terrificc TP views....:goodvibes

Ahhh thank you for this picture! I have requested this room for our fall stay! :)

Those tower rooms in SL are so very nice...:thumbsup2..we enjoy that extra tv / sitting space a lot....Just a heads up..the room on the 4th floor 6420 does not have a balcony...so if this is important to your family then you should request 6220 (enclosed balcony...as its part of the portico roof line..) or 6320...(traditional railing)... :wizard: Hope that you get your request!

I have gotten a few Disney beads, when they carried the other brand, but they fit Pandora. I have Snow Whites Apple, the Make a Wish charm, and another, lol. Can't remember! It was that shop on the right. Had a big display case in front, square. Also sold Watches & Dooneys. Then another display case in back.

Well Sue I think I see a shopping trip in your future...Your charms sounds so nice..and you might "need" a few more to balance out your bracelet! ::yes::;)

I know that your question has been answered...just wanted to say Congrats on your first GF visit!! :goodvibes ..I bet it won't be your last...BTW that courtyard pool view from Boca Chica is lovely! :cloud9:

Hope that everyone is having a super Saturday....:flower: preppy GF gal...who will eventually get the hang of posting a picture!??????????????????:blush:

Last edited:
When I upload it asks me if I want to do it Thumbnail or Large? I pick large. Does it ask you that?

You can still post small we will be happy to see it:)

Thanks as always Trish ! :goodvibes I'll check that .... Btw the pic I was trying to post was the one I texted to you the other day....lol..that lovely night time pic of the courtyard...

I did my online check in this morning :dance3:and I didn't fill out any requests since I gave requests when I made the reservation. Does anyone know if they will stay on the reservation or cancel since I did online check in without requests.

Glad that you are enjoying this thread...lots of GF enthusiasts around here for sure!! :thumbsup2 Woohoo!! :cheer2: You are already checked in!! I think I would have reiterated my requests during on line check in...no worries though... from what I understand...when the ressie is downloaded to the resort at approximately 5 days prior to your trip when the rooms are actually assigned..the requests are downloaded too....Maybe dansdad will pop in and chime in on this...he is well versed on the subject...We have always found the resort to be very accommodating with regards to requests! :goodvibes

We are in double digits at last. I think I am going to burst. The Grand ( as my family calls it) can not come soon enough. It will be 2 years since our last visit and they were still finishing up the DVC. Can't wait to see the finished product. Is it abnormal to miss a place so much?image.jpg

And to follow-up to Mexi's question, when you do online check in do you still meet the CL greeter and go up to the 3rd floor when you arrive or do you get assigned a room in advance and just go up to your room with the magic bands? I think I read it somewhere but can't remember the answer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter