• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's finally not FREEZING up here in the great white north!!!! The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon, so I'm finally feeling like spring may really come!!

Those of you that have dined at GF, would you choose Narcoossee or Citricos? We would like a "fancy" dinner with our girls on our cabana day. Something to get dressed up for! But since they are only 6 & 9, we don't want anything too out there for them.

Hmm, that's a tough one! We love both places, and have been eating at Citricos with our daughter since she was about 5. She always found kid-friendly food on the kids' menu, and loved the "make your own sundae" option for dessert - not sure if they still have that on the kids' menu. Narcoossee's is also great, tried it for the first time a few years ago. It's more of a surf and turf restaurant, but a bit more casual in atmosphere. Seeing the fireworks during a late dinner was a real treat.

I really feel like you can't go wrong in either place - oh, one thing I just remembered...dinner at Citricos tends to take a long time, like two hours long! DD would often be very sleepy by the time dessert was served, so that's something to consider.

:sunny:

Well it's finally not FREEZING up here in the great white north!!!! The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon, so I'm finally feeling like spring may really come!!

Those of you that have dined at GF, would you choose Narcoossee or Citricos? We would like a "fancy" dinner with our girls on our cabana day. Something to get dressed up for! But since they are only 6 & 9, we don't want anything too out there for them.

I would say that the fancier of the two restaurants is Citrico's...and is a bit longer of a dining experience..Narcoosees does have the benefit of the fireworks viewing if you are at a window table ( or you can even enjoy from their outside deck..music and all) and time your ressie to coincide...both so nice...as Phyllis said you really cant go wrong with either one...I would suggest checking out the menu's over on Allearsnet ...they usually have pretty up to date and comprehensive info...:thumbsup2

I'm glad your weather is finally getting a bit better up there:) Everyone has their favorite restaurants, but I will say that Narcoossee's is at the top of our list along with California Grill. Citricos has good food, but we want more than just good food when we are at Disney... We want a view! Narcoossee's sits right on the water and the view is really beautiful. We always ask for a table by the window, but we usually go out on the veranda to watch the fireworks - it's more than just a great dinner for sure! FYI, they have a great filet there.

I hear you about the weather, it was a long, snowy and frigid winter for us as well (N.E. Ohio). As for which restaurant; as others have said they are both very nice restaurants and I'm sure you will enjoy your evening either way. However, Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant in WDW. I love the view of Wishes from the restaurant as well as watching the Electrical Water Pageant as it goes by. I have always had great service and excellent food in all my visits. Also, IMHO Narcoosee's offers perhaps the best dessert in WDW in the Almond Crusted Cheese Cake. Narcoossee's is always our arrival night tradition and has not let me down yet.

Hmm, that's a tough one! We love both places, and have been eating at Citricos with our daughter since she was about 5. She always found kid-friendly food on the kids' menu, and loved the "make your own sundae" option for dessert - not sure if they still have that on the kids' menu. Narcoossee's is also great, tried it for the first time a few years ago. It's more of a surf and turf restaurant, but a bit more casual in atmosphere. Seeing the fireworks during a late dinner was a real treat.

I really feel like you can't go wrong in either place - oh, one thing I just remembered...dinner at Citricos tends to take a long time, like two hours long! DD would often be very sleepy by the time dessert was served, so that's something to consider.

:sunny:

I would say that the fancier of the two restaurants is Citrico's...and is a bit longer of a dining experience..Narcoosees does have the benefit of the fireworks viewing if you are at a window table ( or you can even enjoy from their outside deck..music and all) and time your ressie to coincide...both so nice...as Phyllis said you really cant go wrong with either one...I would suggest checking out the menu's over on Allearsnet ...they usually have pretty up to date and comprehensive info...:thumbsup2

I'm glad your weather is finally getting a bit better up there:) Everyone has their favorite restaurants, but I will say that Narcoossee's is at the top of our list along with California Grill. Citricos has good food, but we want more than just good food when we are at Disney... We want a view! Narcoossee's sits right on the water and the view is really beautiful. We always ask for a table by the window, but we usually go out on the veranda to watch the fireworks - it's more than just a great dinner for sure! FYI, they have a great filet there.

I hear you about the weather, it was a long, snowy and frigid winter for us as well (N.E. Ohio). As for which restaurant; as others have said they are both very nice restaurants and I'm sure you will enjoy your evening either way. However, Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant in WDW. I love the view of Wishes from the restaurant as well as watching the Electrical Water Pageant as it goes by. I have always had great service and excellent food in all my visits. Also, IMHO Narcoosee's offers perhaps the best dessert in WDW in the Almond Crusted Cheese Cake. Narcoossee's is always our arrival night tradition and has not let me down yet.

Thank you so much for the input! All you folks are so lovely and helpful all the time!!

I did take a look at the menus with my 6 year old who is a bit more opinionated about where we eat and she likes Narcoossee's! So I think I will book there for cabana day :) Thank you!!

We're visiting in October, staying at the VGF. Not club members and we didn't rent points, direct reservation online with Disney. My story, my wife has some mobility problems, not HP but she uses a walker and we use a wheel chair at WDW just to keep up with my daughters and my grandson. We have a standard one bedroom villa, what are the chances, and who do you contact to get a room that you can watch the MK fireworks from the balcony? I was just hoping that sitting on the balcony, sipping a little wine, and celebrating our 45 anniversary, would be little more magical watching the fireworks.
The standard courtyard view from the 3rd floor to the top floor have the best fireworks view. One bedroom room numbers 1309 and 1327.

Does anyone know how true this is? Beach water play area closed for reburbisment April 13-24. Never did they mention this and we will be traveling those same dates. Our family made sure in advance of any work being done. That is how we decided on where to stay. Shouldn't Disney post in advance? It was posted in Orlando park news.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
Well I added my sister on to the package! Hoping that will speak it into existence that she can come. Worst case I pay the $50 fee to remove her if after the 45 days. Booked her flights too as they were only $100! I don't mind being out that, and I'm pretty certain she will be able to join us anyways. Should I make all my ADR to say 5 as well?

Well I added my sister on to the package! Hoping that will speak it into existence that she can come. Worst case I pay the $50 fee to remove her if after the 45 days. Booked her flights too as they were only $100! I don't mind being out that, and I'm pretty certain she will be able to join us anyways. Should I make all my ADR to say 5 as well?
I hope it all works out so that she can go. I would definitely make your ADRs for 5 since having 4 isn't an issue but having more than what you reserved for would be. We had booked an ADR for some family members who had to cancel last minute, and we were still able to keep our ADR. But you can only add a person to your party if they have a reservation available at the time you want to make the change (which often isn't available if it's a popular restaurant and it's last minute).

Does anyone know if we will be able to park at the GF and watch Wishes from the dock? We also would like to see the Electric water parade. We aren't in Orlando for a Disney trip. We are only there in early June to visit a College this time. We would love a taste of Disney to hold us over till next time.

Does anyone know if we will be able to park at the GF and watch Wishes from the dock? We also would like to see the Electric water parade. We aren't in Orlando for a Disney trip. We are only there in early June to visit a College this time. We would love a taste of Disney to hold us over till next time.

As long as the parking lot is not too full you should be able to. Just tell the guard what you want to do. If the lot's too full, they may have you valet.

Hi, this is my first stay at the GF in August. We have an outer building/garden view room. Any recommendations as to which building to request? I'd love the shortest walk to transportation as possible! Thanks!

Good morning!

Last night I helped ds make his dorm selection for fall 2015. :sad:

It really became real when I went online to buy his university t-shirt for May 1st, National Decison Day. :sad:

Luckily I have a gf CL trip planned to help ease the pain. :thumbsup2

Is narcosees or Citricos better for just some appetizers at the bar? We will try traders at least once but being able to walk to these great restaurants shouldn't be passed up. :goodvibes

Good morning!

It really became real when I went online to buy his university t-shirt for May 1st, National Decison Day. :sad:

Is narcosees or Citricos better for just some appetizers at the bar? We will try traders at least once but being able to walk to these great restaurants shouldn't be passed up. :goodvibes

I've got two more years with my daughter, and I know the time will fly:( I plan to ease my pain in exactly the same way as you are:) As for which bar, I like Narcoossee's for its location on the water... And then maybe you can watch Wishes from there!

Good morning!

I cried for days when DS left. After the first few weeks I realized I was talking to him MORE than when he was here! Kids!

As for food ;) I would choose Narcosees. In October there were lots of folks eating at their bar but not so much at Citricos. I personally didn't care for our Citricis meal in October.

Hope this helps!

Liz

It has always been my understanding that you had to have a reservation at the hotel in order to park there if you are not a guest at the hotel. Otherwise, everyone with a rental car would want to park at one of the monorail resorts to get to MK. I could be wrong, but I would hate for you to be turned away. You could make a reservation at GF Cafe and just get appetizers or dessert. I hope your trip goes well:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter