• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning GF friends - just to clarify, my BOG "invitation" was to a FP+ test where we preorder lunch and arrive at the scheduled time, go MB our way in and go directly to our assigned table and our food comes right to us. The really nice thing -- that doesn't count as one of our 3 FP+ for the day! And, did I see correctly on the menu there is beer and wine? As in with alcohol in them in the MK?:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Tom

Beer and wine are only served at dinner.

Just a page2 save:goodvibes

Role call: who is going in January besides Tom and Blue?

Wish I was staying at gf but I can do with a Miss Kate tea:yay:

I'll try to post a pick on one of my visits. It will probably have food in it. Blue likes her food! LOL !!! Maybe a pic of a drink for Tom too.

I do like a Mai Tai Beach side:rolleyes1

I just got an invitation to do the Be Our Guest Fast Pass + and as luck would have it, they had a time that works for us! I got some advance pixie dust!

Tom

:cheer2::dance3::cheer2: We got one via email too....So happy that we got the date and time we wanted also...

I took my mom there in November and we sat next to the Christmas Tree ! Still one of the highlights of our trip.

Food was yummy and the ambience

Glad you got some "dust"!!!

What an awesome place to sit..I agree..lots of ambiance ..and good food! :thumbsup2 ..Cause even in WDW..is always about the food!!!!

Thank you guys so much! We are so excited GF is on our bucket list.

You are very welcome! :goodvibes I am sure that you will have a magical stay!

Good Morning GF friends - just to clarify, my BOG "invitation" was to a FP+ test where we preorder lunch and arrive at the scheduled time, go MB our way in and go directly to our assigned table and our food comes right to us. The really nice thing -- that doesn't count as one of our 3 FP+ for the day!

And, did I see correctly on the menu there is beer and wine? As in with alcohol in them in the MK? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Tom

Beer and wine are only served at dinner.

Now I'm feeling like Wiley Coyote after the Acme Explosives box exploded! Oops, wrong themepark!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tom

:rotfl::rotfl:

I'll try to post a pick on one of my visits. It will probably have food in it. Blue likes her food! LOL !!! Maybe a pic of a drink for Tom too.

Me me me...lol...But you already knew that..I'm just excited....:dance3:

Tea will def give you a GF fix..oh and maybe a quick..or not so quick ;) visit to Summer Lace....If you see something that you "need" maybe you can let Tom know ...lol..since he will be in there shopping for his nieces..I mean whats one more VB if you are buying a few anyway....lol...:flower3:

As for the mai tai on the beach :drinking1 :drinking1 If you don't have enough time I can try and get over to the Poly and have one in your honor..take one for the team so to speak...lol...Hey that's what DIS friends are for....:goodvibes

You only have a few more days...:woohoo:

Heard from our lovely hostess k&a&c'smom...a hectic holiday season has kept her busy..but we should be "seeing" her around here soon...:thumbsup2 Hope so k&a&c'smom..You know we miss you when you are not around!

A big hello to all my fellow GF fans...or GF Groupies as our friend pas would say....:wave2:

Hope that everyone is keeping warm..and having a Grand week! :earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is over on my smilies...again..oops!!!! lol...

I am tring to get a feel for how long the walk is from sago to the beach pool? The best reference I can think of is Tahiti to the main pool at the poly. That was kinda a hike for my parents, could anyone familiar with both compare?

Just returned from a 6 night stay in Sago. 5 minute walk to the beach pool. Maybe 6? I actually felt the Poly felt more spread out than the GF when we stayed there in 2013 before they tore it up!

If your parents are elderly or have mobility problems, it is the furthest from the beach pool, and I could see it taking longer.

285 days until we return!:cheer2:

I wish I was going in January Trish, but I have to suffer and wait until February 2 :scared1:

Pix of food and drink sound lovely to me! And a Mai Tai on Kaanapali Beach sounds really nice right now since the wind chill this morning was -11!!

Tom

Just returned from a 6 night stay in Sago. 5 minute walk to the beach pool. Maybe 6? I actually felt the Poly felt more spread out than the GF when we stayed there in 2013 before they tore it up!

If your parents are elderly or have mobility problems, it is the furthest from the beach pool, and I could see it taking longer.

285 days until we return!:cheer2:

:thumbsup2

can you enter gaspys from the main lobby or only from outside?

I only saw an outside entrance. But if there'a a main lobby entrance, I am sure someone will chime in!

I believe you can only get in from the outside.

Tom

Yes thats correct..the only entrace to GGG is from outside..there is not an entracne from inside the main building...

I finally started my trip report to Contemporary tower and Grand Floridian main building this past Christmas if anyone is interested in following along!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52895993&posted=1#post52895993

Thanks for sharing the link....love reading TRs...:goodvibes

~Dining alert!! You know its always about the food..lol.. There are quite a bit of BOG dinner ressies available for January..yes January!!!..and February too....:wizard: They must have just been released....Hope that this helps anyone who has been trying to get this elusive ADR...

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday....:cold: frozen GF gal who cannot wait to get to WDW...

I wish I was going in January Trish, but I have to suffer and wait until February 2 :scared1:

Pix of food and drink sound lovely to me! And a Mai Tai on Kaanapali Beach sounds really nice right now since the wind chill this morning was -11!!

Tom

I'll be there the first week of February too. :yay::yay::yay:

:thumbsup2

~Dining alert!! You know its always about the food..lol.. There are quite a bit of BOG dinner ressies available for January..yes January!!!..and February too....:wizard: They must have just been released....Hope that this helps anyone who has been trying to get this elusive ADR...

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday....:cold: frozen GF gal who cannot wait to get to WDW...

Hi BlueSkies. :wave2: Thanks for the update on BOG. I haven't decided on any dining yet. :crazy2: I hate to be tied down to a schedule...may just wing it again. :crazy2:

I'll be there the first week of February too. :yay::yay::yay:

Hi BlueSkies. :wave2: Thanks for the update on BOG. I haven't decided on any dining yet. :crazy2: I hate to be tied down to a schedule...may just wing it again. :crazy2:

Hi Maxie - we will be in Boca Chica this trip and we promise to keep the noise down to a moderate roar.

Blue, I have the biggest packing dilema, since my flight isn't until 630pm, I'm debating packing the morning of and taking the suitcase to work with me, or working until 2pm, driving home and packing then :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tom

Thank you everyone for your quick answers!

Can anyone tell me if there are adult beverages offered at 1900 park fare for dinner?

Hey Maxie..Looking forward to seeing you!!:goodvibes I know that you are a "just wing it" kind of gal which is why I changed some of our ADRs to include you on the days that we over lap...:crowded: lol....You will be thanking me when you are having dinner at BOG!

Hi Maxie - we will be in Boca Chica this trip and we promise to keep the noise down to a moderate roar.

Blue, I have the biggest packing dilema, since my flight isn't until 630pm, I'm debating packing the morning of and taking the suitcase to work with me, or working until 2pm, driving home and packing then :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tom

Tom You are tauting me...lol..Its not nice to taunt your DIS friends!!! ;) As for packing the day of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you everyone for your quick answers!

Can anyone tell me if there are adult beverages offered at 1900 park fare for dinner?

You are very welcome Jennygt :goodvibes This is a very imformative and helpful group...As for the adult beverages..I know they do serve them with breakfast (;ots of ways t spruce up a glass of OJ..lol)...so I am guessing that they are available for dinner....

Grannyminnie Hey there!! Good to see you too....:goodvibes

Trish I am thinking that you are at 3 day out!!! :woohoo: Looking forward to pics...

Hope that everyone had a terrific Thursday...:cutie: preppy GF gal who is having a packing panic attack for Tom ...:crazy2: :p :upsidedow

Trish, only 3 days til you go?? :banana: :rotfl: I'm excited for you! Are you going to be reporting in while you're there? I'll be at the WL in April and am hoping that some of that scaffolding might be down by the time we get there! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter