(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call housekeeping and say just what you told us. It can't hurt.

Also,if it's too late you can listen for the cart in case you just want the chocolates. There are times I don't need the actual turn down and they just give me a nice handful instead. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!!
It's all about the chocolate :love: and I still have some in my seceret hord left lol!

When our kids were younger SL was always a favorite CL at the GF for us...some what due to its proximity to both the pool and the boat dock...and we too always had good experiences there. ..and very pleasant stays.. ..and occasionally in the warmer months we still do enjoy staying there. ..haven't since the rehab though ..but toured it during a recent trip just to get a look at whats new and improved. ...and while I do think there is more seating...really like the benches too.. .I don't think its particularly improved. ..there is the one CL desk right in the middle of the lounge area..:confused3...as seen in the pics..and there is also a staffed podium near the courtyard pool entrance...that would b preferable to me for any CM interaction..as I think that the desk situated front and center in the lounge is kind awkward...so yes..there are sort of two desks..actually one and a half desks..lol..in the SL lounge now...

I think that I am starting to join the ranks as a resort changer....:cool2:....lol...what started out as a long WDW weekend ... at the BC...with the lets try something new..and as dispro stated with the appeal of SAB..proximity to Epcot and at a more economical ..and I use that term loosely...lol..rate...then evolved to a BC/GF split. ..has now evolved to an extra long weekend. ..;)... at the GF....no matter what we plan to do..seems we always end up back at there....Still looking forward to hearing about those BC/GF splits....as for us..maybe. .eventually. ..someday....:scratchin..:tilt:....Off to re do the dining..again!!???
When I did the GF/YC split, I did it the wrong way!! I did GF first. So wrong. Ridiculous, but I felt I was downgrading going from GF to YC! And we love YC. If I do that split again, I'll do YC first!!! My daughter didn't want to leave GF! Lol. Poor her, forced to stay at YC, lol! The horror!

Hi everyone again! We are new to staying at the grand and we leave in 13 days! Super excited! Anyways I was wondering...how difficult is it to get a specific turndown time. I know they say turndown service is from 7-9 but I have little ones that might be in bed sooner rather than later. So how hard is it to set the turndown time to closer to 7?

On our last several visits turndown seemed to occur around 4:30, which was way to early for us as we were usually trying to get ready for dinner. We were in RPC and I thought this was really odd. May be a benefit for you and I don't think you will have any trouble if you request t or they will just give you whatever you need including the chocolates.

We like turndown as we they usually freshen the room and we need trash/towels as we usually end up showering twice.

While we usually spend more time at Epcot than other parks, I don't think I could be unfaithful to my GF. However, a visit to the Y & BC is always a must for us. That pool does look fun and we always fit in a trip to Beaches and Cream. Mmm.

Sounds like a perfect combo follow ...:thumbsup2 I just added a B & C ADR on our DTD day....

Hi everyone again! We are new to staying at the grand and we leave in 13 days! Super excited! Anyways I was wondering...how difficult is it to get a specific turndown time. I know they say turndown service is from 7-9 but I have little ones that might be in bed sooner rather than later. So how hard is it to set the turndown time to closer to 7?

13 days!!! :dance3:You absolutely can request a time to have turn down service..or morning room service for that matter...just call housekeeping and put in that request...:thumbsup2

It's all about the chocolate :love: and I still have some in my seceret hord left lol!

Sue It IS all about the chocolate!! lol...:mickeybar

When I did the GF/YC split, I did it the wrong way!! I did GF first. So wrong. Ridiculous, but I felt I was downgrading going from GF to YC! And we love YC. If I do that split again, I'll do YC first!!! My daughter didn't want to leave GF! Lol. Poor her, forced to stay at YC, lol! The horror!

Forced to stay at the YC...lol..poor kid! ;) I agree..the split for us would need to start else where and end at the GF...Last year we did at CR/GF split..and really enjoyed that...:goodvibes IDK...Maybe I need to rethink this..perhaps a YC/GF split...lol...:confused:...but another change...lol... :eek: :faint:....Wondering what is it that makes you prefer YC over the BC??...I did like the look of the new BC lounge..and the renovated rooms too...

grannyminnie Whatcha been up to???

~Since it is as always all about the food.. and we needed to change ADRs around...again :cool2: ...and was pleasantly surprised at the general availability..even for dinner at BOG...there is no rhyme or reason for this... when booking ADRs for our fall trip BOG dinner ressies are scarce..yet for the summer they are not??? Not that I am complaining...:teeth:

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a fab Friday!! :flower:

Hi Grand fans!:wave2:

Hi Blue... So no split stay?

Guess what I did this morning...changed my reservations.:headache:

We needed to move our vacation up 2 weeks and had to let go of our fabulous 35% bounceback offer.:guilty:

We'll still be at the Grand for the first few nights but then we decided to change over to BWI instead of BC. The summer offer was only 20% for BC and I couldn't talk hubby into losing more of our discount. Still a good split and it's the same as last year. I guess we are creatures of habit.:love:

Hope the weekend is good to everyone!

At the risk of sounding like a total newbie..what is a dormer room??? lol :scared::teeth:

We just want to make sure we get a quieter location, don't mind being far away from main lobby. And no connecting doors.

At the risk of sounding like a total newbie..what is a dormer room??? lol :scared::teeth:

We just want to make sure we get a quieter location, don't mind being far away from main lobby. And no connecting doors.
Dormers are the rooms with a solid balcony wall instead of the spindle type. You can only see over the balcony when standing.

The rooms usually have a pitched wall near the window like a cape style home does.

Hi Grand fans!:wave2:

Hi Blue... So no split stay?

Guess what I did this morning...changed my reservations.:headache:

We needed to move our vacation up 2 weeks and had to let go of our fabulous 35% bounceback offer.:guilty:

We'll still be at the Grand for the first few nights but then we decided to change over to BWI instead of BC. The summer offer was only 20% for BC and I couldn't talk hubby into losing more of our discount. Still a good split and it's the same as last year. I guess we are creatures of habit.:love:

Hope the weekend is good to everyone!

abk That sounds like a fab split...Sorry u had to give up your BB...but the summer offer is still a good one! :thumbsup2 We have stayed CL at the BWI a few times...and really liked it...liked it even better the second time....Enjoy!!! For now...no split for us..? lol....

baler and blue, here is a link to someone's review of the BC CL lounge, that recently just stayed there: http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...nds-fun-sept-2014-march-2015.3326031/page-223 -it is about midway down the page.

Beth Thanks for that link!! :goodvibes....Thought it was a very good review....

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a super Saturday! :flower3: GF Gal who is wishing it was summer...:flower2:

Blue I prefer YC over BC mostly because of balcony. I NEED a balcony, lol! I was lucky at BC CL we had a GV with full balcony. But all YC rooms have balcony. Also for busses, YC is first pick up. So pretty much guaranteed a seat. BC bus stop was much more crowded. Maybe because of the additional families leaving Cape May after breakfast to get to the parks? Long line & tons of strollers. YC is also first to be dropped off.
BC lobby is very busy, prob from Cape May & Beaches & Cream. I could care less about that. To me a lobby is just something to walk thru to get to my room, and most Deluxe resort lobbies are busy because of dining. But YC lobby is quieter. Except when talking about GF lobby, which I do enjoy sitting in :love: to listen to the music!!

Sue, I agree with your comparison between the BC and YC lobbies. And, like you, we don't just "pass thru" the GF lobby! It needs to be enjoyed! :cloud9:
We are under a month now looking forward to our next visit. Getting a head start on the trip by dividing the drive so as to arrive earlier on our first day. Staying at the WL but probably gonna camp out at the GF much of the time.

I'm pleased to say I'm returning to the Grand this year :cloud9:

I was originally return to the WL (club level) but for various reasons have now switched to the GF, unfortunately my UK agent did not have any contractual rates for CL (I nearly fainted when they quoted me a price for RPC lol) so I won't be returning to the RPC this time after my wonderful stay last May. I'm happy I've a lagoon view room and of course I'm still returning which is the main thing.

As I've only stayed RPC before can I ask for some recommendations please for which building to request for a lagoon view? I'm not too concerned about distance to the main building as nothing is really very far is it.

Thank you

As I've only stayed RPC before can I ask for some recommendations please for which building to request for a lagoon view? I'm not too concerned about distance to the main building as nothing is really very far is it.
Thank you

We will be staying in an outer building theme park view....can you please tell me the best building. Thank you!

We will be staying in an outer building theme park view....can you please tell me the best building. Thank you!

We love Conch Key's theme park view...head-on and beautiful!

I was originally return to the WL (club level) but for various reasons have now switched to the GF, unfortunately my UK agent did not have any contractual rates for CL (I nearly fainted when they quoted me a price for RPC lol) so I won't be returning to the RPC this time after my wonderful stay last May. I'm happy I've a lagoon view room and of course I'm still returning which is the main thing.

Thank you

Our lagoon view from Big Pine Key was lovely, we were looking at the Poly and the wedding pavilion, and I've read that the lagoon views from Boca Chica are also nice...maybe someone has a photo?

:sunny:

We love Conch Key's theme park view...head-on and beautiful!

Our lagoon view from Big Pine Key was lovely, we were looking at the Poly and the wedding pavilion, and I've read that the lagoon views from Boca Chica are also nice...maybe someone has a photo?

:sunny:
Agree on both counts!

Agree on both counts!
Oh I see you are under 30 days now! :cool1:

Hope all had a good weekend! We drove down to VA and had a pre-Easter dinner Saturday night with sil family and my mil was up from Fla. My nieces are 11 and 13 and I enjoy being around younger girls now that mine is 20!!!

Oh I see you are under 30 days now! :cool1:

Hope all had a good weekend! We drove down to VA and had a pre-Easter dinner Saturday night with sil family and my mil was up from Fla. My nieces are 11 and 13 and I enjoy being around younger girls now that mine is 20!!!
Yes, I am, and getting more excited by the day! :yay: By the way, I'm considering an annual pass this year. Do you know any way to bring down that awful price? :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter