(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what concerns me about an upcoming split GF/BC stay. The last time we stayed BC CL was when club level was well...club level and not club level light. We have noticed just in the last year even at GF less replenishment of food (although it was better during our Feb stay) . July, when RPC was closed was awful. Anyway, I am worried about our BC stay and really did not want CL there but took it to assure we received a renovated room. I don't mind paying CL prices but there should be food available during service hours.

I'm really interested to see how you like the BC CL...just curiosity! That was our second choice behind GF for this trip.

Look at a picture of the main building on the side facing the villas. There are 6 turret rooms, 3 in a column in the back near the monorail and 3 more towards the courtyard pool. I was in the 5th floor one towards the back. My view was mostly the monorail, the villas and the poly in the distance.

There is not a balcony but the windows do open. I would pull up a chair and sit by the open window.

Not the best of view but i have had castle views many times(cr and poly) so I didn't mind.

It was fun to watch the pool and the new splash area and especially the monorail passing by!

A view of the lagoon would be nice - I find staring at bodies of water to be extremely relaxing! But the courtyard/pool sounds like a good request (also thanks for that suggestion blueskies)

:rolleyes:
I tried twice to find them for you but I keep getting busy! There are pics back in July or August 2014 posted on the last thread. The new CL lounge looked like it was bigger and had more color to it!

I'll get pics but it won't be until August.

I think I'm going to request a non dormer room, marina side if possible:) I have had the garden side both of my previous visits. Also my last stay was WL CL and the balconies are so high you can't see over it when sitting. So I don't want to get an enclosed balcony 2times in a row.

Yay Trish! I'm so glad you have another mom-daughter trip booked! You are going to have an amazing time, which you especially deserve after this winter. I'm sad because I will arrive on 8/28 to WL CL, so will miss you.

I have had marina side, non-dormer rooms both my SL stays, and I loved the view out over the water. I rarely ate in the lounge, since it was so nice to bring snacks back to the room and sit on my balcony. Both stays I checked in early in the morning, and they had honored my request for marina side, full balcony, but both times when my room number arrived I was placed into dormer rooms because they were the first available. I had to ask to change back to my requested room.

The only thing I didn't like about CL at WL is that all the standard rooms are dormers.

:rolleyes2
Yay Trish! I'm so glad you have another mom-daughter trip booked! You are going to have an amazing time, which you especially deserve after this winter. I'm sad because I will arrive on 8/28 to WL CL, so will miss you.

I have had marina side, non-dormer rooms both my SL stays, and I loved the view out over the water. I rarely ate in the lounge, since it was so nice to bring snacks back to the room and sit on my balcony. Both stays I checked in early in the morning, and they had honored my request for marina side, full balcony, but both times when my room number arrived I was placed into dormer rooms because they were the first available. I had to ask to change back to my requested room.

The only thing I didn't like about CL at WL is that all the standard rooms are dormers.
I have stayed in SL twice. Once just dd and I and we had an early check in and given a room courtyard side with a tree in front of it. It wasn't too bad though because it felt private and I could see well (the tree wasn't too close to the balcony).

The second time for the 4 of us we got a lodge tower room. That was great since we really needed the space. It had a full balcony too!

I agree about the enclosed balcony, it was so high!!!! I finally just opened the door and sat in the room for a better view.

Good to hear from you! Sorry our paths won't cross this time but maybe next time. A family trip around 1/9/16 is in the works. Lys wants to do a run:)

:wave:Hi everyone!

We have a lagoon view outer building booked for July. Do you think Boca Chica has the nicest views of the lake? Are there a lot of trees on that side of the building? I requested no 1st floor or dormer too.

I guess BPK would be nice too since I think the Bungalo's are just about done at the Poly.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:)

:wave:Hi everyone!

We have a lagoon view outer building booked for July. Do you think Boca Chica has the nicest views of the lake? Are there a lot of trees on that side of the building? I requested no 1st floor or dormer too.

I guess BPK would be nice too since I think the Bungalo's are just about done at the Poly.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:)
From experience I find they try to accommodate at least one request. So, if room style(floor/dormer) is more important than building then maybe just leave that off.

You can always call the front desk or go back to lobby if you don't like what you get.

I can't imagine there are any/many bad lagoon views. Sounds like a lovely trip.

From experience I find they try to accommodate at least one request. So, if room style(floor/dormer) is more important than building then maybe just leave that off.

You can always call the front desk or go back to lobby if you don't like what you get.

I can't imagine there are any/many bad lagoon views. Sounds like a lovely trip.
Thanks. I will leave no 1st floor or dormer for our request. That's first on our list of importance.

I guess we just wait and see now. This is the hard part.

Nicely done!:wave:

Thanks!!!!

Multi-quote queen she is right Trish?

blueskies My friend!! IPO confirmed none of the Deluxe King rooms connect, makes sense since they are honeymoon rooms really :) So DH is trying to back out of the reservation (he's anti split stay so the one night thing has him going already lol). I thought about telling fibs...but it is possible BC CL for now (oh the horror haha). We will definitely figure out a meeting place, a beach at a resort, easy enough for me to get anywhere all good :grouphug:

I am trying to rival MickeyNut in the multi quote department!!!lol....

Happy planning...I know that it will be a simply grand trip!! :goodvibes

well.... this was in 2013. maybe it is different now. part of the issue was that the CL lounge was very small and gloomy, so at least that is solved now. our room was unimaginably far from the lounge; i mean, i am shocked that they would even have a CL room so far way. so there were rarely any available tables during breakfast and evenings, but taking food to the room was a really big ordeal because you had to go through two very long corridors with those tiny plates and it just felt unsanitary, for lack of a better way to put it. obviously- these issues may not be the case with the lounge being renovated, and if you have a decent room location.

while the CL desk staff were fantastic, the lounge staff seemed miserable and were rarely available. there was often little to no food for several selections, and no one around to gently ask them to replenish. if you did catch a lounge staff they were sighing and rushing past you trying not to make eye contact. what kept happening was (and we were there for 7 or 8 days; it was like this every. single. day.), they had waited SO long to put one very small serving out, and there were so many people who had been waiting the whole time, that it would be gone within just a couple of minutes. and then 20 mins later they would bring more out and the same thing would happen. the whole food area was always unclean. they would often be out of basic beverages (like juice or whatever) for hours. it was not relaxing for us at all. also, i am sure you're already aware that the number of items offered are far fewer than at the GF. which would have been fine if they kept it fairly well stocked. but when they have two hots and two colds and they are out of one of each for 30 minutes at a time..... ugh. we were just not ready for it. we had stayed poly CL previously so we realized already that the other CL's are nothing like the GF. we went into it expecting it to be similar to the poly but it was many notches below.

i'm sorry to be so blunt! hopefully there are some great TR's from people who have stayed there since the reno. i haven't even looked.

Beth Thank you for your candid review....:thumbsup2 I admit it does have me a bit worried...We had such a great experience staying CL at the BWI...I was hoping that the BC experience would be similar....:confused3 Thinking that maybe this GF gal will just stay put and spend the whole time at our home away from home....Decisions..decisions...

Are any of you DVC members at Grand Floridian? It's something we are starting to look into, and I was just curious.

Candy our resident DVC member...(.and super picture poster...lol.)..will probably be along and able to answer questions that you have...

Look at a picture of the main building on the side facing the villas. There are 6 turret rooms, 3 in a column in the back near the monorail and 3 more towards the courtyard pool. I was in the 5th floor one towards the back. My view was mostly the monorail, the villas and the poly in the distance.

There is not a balcony but the windows do open. I would pull up a chair and sit by the open window.

Not the best of view but i have had castle views many times(cr and poly) so I didn't mind.

It was fun to watch the pool and the new splash area and especially the monorail passing by!

Great descriptions Trish :thumbsup2 ...I wish I was sitting looking out those windows right now.... :lovestruc

Candy You are "the bomb" as the say!!! So enjoying your pictures....:flower3:

Baler Another beautiful pic!! I just love that view....:goodvibes Thanks !
Hi abk Always good to see you!! :goodvibes Congrats on booking a summer trip! :beach: ...I think that the LV are so nice in Boca Chica...I think that about the GVs there too...lol...but there is a lot to be said for those LV rooms in BPK..close to both pools...the main building...and such a nice view towards the Poly...and the CR...

~So what do you do when its 3am and you just cant fall back to sleep....read the Disney food blog???? lol...That new BOG breakfast looks yummy!! So glad we were able to get a ressie for it.... as always...it all about the food....!

Have a terrific Thursday fellow GF fans.....princess: preppy GF gal who feels spring in the air today! :flower2:

Last edited:
Lovely to see you, pas130! I'm sure you'll have a fine time come August! I just love your Little Orange Bird. I brought several Birdy items home from the Co-Op. That little bird takes me straight back to my first trip to WDW as a very small girl!
I missed your post before, sorry!!! I almost bought out the co-op store last summer...sooooo many nice things, DH just gave me "the look" LOL.
Happy planning...I know that it will be a simply grand trip!! :goodvibes

Beth Thank you for your candid review....:thumbsup2 I admit it does have me a bit worried...We had such a great experience staying CL at the BWI...I was hoping that the BC experience would be similar....:confused3 Thinking that maybe this GF gal will just stay put and spend the whole time at our home away from home....Decisions..decisions...
~So what do you do when its 3am and you just cant fall back to sleep....read the Disney food blog???? lol...That new BOG breakfast looks yummy!! So glad we were able to get a ressie for it.... as always...it all about the food....!

Have a terrific Thursday fellow GF fans.....princess: preppy GF gal who feels spring in the air today! :flower2:
The family collectively decided on BC CL, which is all good :) They want something new and I can respect that. *pouts* I have heard much better reviews on the CL lounge now that its a little bigger, but we shall see. On a changing note, I have a room on hold at Universal. We are booked at Hard Rock CL, but AP rates are out and I was talked into a Villa Parlor Suite with connecting Deluxe 2 Q CL room at Portofino and now I have to find pictures to make a decision haha.

candy LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics. So happy for anyone doing Easter at the GF!!!

More love coming at k&a&c'smom :grouphug:

Trish I am so mad I was locked out of my photobucket I had the cutest Sugarloaf pics. Our room was second floor pool view, and I loved it! Miss it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter