(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back in Massachusetts after another glorious week at the Grand. The Grand truly is my home as much as Lynnfield.

The weather was perfect, the flowers were beautiful, the pools were fun and the villas were inviting.

I spend so much time at the Grand now, the CM's keep telling me it is my home.

We almost had to stay an extra night like last January and they said they would always have a room for us because the Grand is our home, even if it was in the hotel because the villas were full.

If you are at the Grand right now enjoy every minute because the time goes by so fast.

I'll be back in March.

Candy

Hello Everyone!
My family and I are staying in a GF Garden View Room for 8 nights in April. I have stayed at the GF before kids, but it has been a while. It will be my husband, daughter (7), son (4), twin sons (2), and myself staying in the room. The twins still sleep in pack and plays. Is this doable in a GF Garden View room? Thanks!

Hello Everyone!
My family and I are staying in a GF Garden View Room for 8 nights in April. I have stayed at the GF before kids, but it has been a while. It will be my husband, daughter (7), son (4), twin sons (2), and myself staying in the room. The twins still sleep in pack and plays. Is this doable in a GF Garden View room? Thanks!

It will certainly be tight but if YOU don't mind all being together you can make it work.

My dh and I still talk about how we had to be asleep at 7:45 for the kids when they were little. Now it's they are up late and we are in bed early:rotfl:

The rooms have plenty of pictures available. The GV , lagoon and TPV rooms are all the same size, 2queens and the twin with space to squeeze pac n plays. I think you could fit them near door and sink area if you want them away from your or in front of couch if want closer.

The only extra space is the deluxe rooms which has an octogaon shape extra space that might be handy.

Thanks so much!!

I was digging around on there, not sure if I liked the TPV that much. Might try to check out the Lagoon views and see if that would be better.

Hello,

We just got confirmation this morning of our stay in March. My husband is going for a work conference and I am tagging along. :goodvibes I went into the reservation to do the room request and didn't see an option to request a king bed. Is there a way to do this? We have a garden view and I requested close to the convention center for his convenience.

Hello,

We just got confirmation this morning of our stay in March. My husband is going for a work conference and I am tagging along. :goodvibes I went into the reservation to do the room request and didn't see an option to request a king bed. Is there a way to do this? We have a garden view and I requested close to the convention center for his convenience.

You have to call CRO and have a note put on your file and then also ask again at check-in.

pixar GORGEOUS RPC pics :goodvibes

A big :grouphug: to my Grand Groupies...sorry I've been way MIA on the DIS. Almost up to my 180 Day out mark for Poly CL, and I've not made any changes LOL

All those with trips coming up ENJOY :yay:

Does anyone have a pic of the view from an Outside Bldg Theme Park View room?

This was the view from our Conch Key, 4th floor TPV room...what's not to like? Haha! We loved the view every morning, and especially at night when the castle was changing colors!

And zoomed in a bit:

At sunset:

At night:

:sunny:

Phyllis1966: Now THAT's a great view!!!

It seemed like all the rooms I saw pics of were views of trees and then WAY, WAY in between the branches was a view of the contemporary:rotfl2:!!!

Do you always get TPV?

While researching our possible GF stay, I have been looking over dining. We have not yet been to Citrico's or Narcoosee's (sp onboth?) they both look great, not sure if we should do both or just pick.

But just curious, have you looked at the reviews on this website? Isn't funny how you can have 9.0-10.0 over and over and them BAM a 1.0-2.0??? on the same place? that always makes me wonder what the heck happened that night!!!

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the two mentioned above?

While researching our possible GF stay, I have been looking over dining. We have not yet been to Citrico's or Narcoosee's (sp onboth?) they both look great, not sure if we should do both or just pick.

But just curious, have you looked at the reviews on this website? Isn't funny how you can have 9.0-10.0 over and over and them BAM a 1.0-2.0??? on the same place? that always makes me wonder what the heck happened that night!!!

Dd and dh are going to try Narcoosse's in March. She has wanted to try it for a long time. Dh and I tried Citrico's about 15 years ago. We liked it then but many things have changed I'm sure.

I prefer to mix it up myself. Maybe take advantage of location and try one of the other mono resorts or even WL is easy to get to. Artist Point gets lots of great reviews.

I think usually the bad reviews are people with dysfunctional expectations:confused3

I have never had a bad experience at Disney but I did have a very slow waiter at Epcot once.

Ok so we are currently booked at the Poly at the end of August for 10 days. I am really starting to question staying there with all the renovations so now am considering switching over to GF. It will be me my DH, DS 13 and DS6months.

Have a few questions. One is my oldest is worried there will no kids his age there since the hotel is so "fancy". Lol. I told him I didn't think that was the case. We visited the GF many times and alway see kids there. And second. Where would you suggest I make a room request for. I would like to be in a pretty centralized location. We would be booking standard if we did make the switch.

Appreciate your help!!!

Ok so we are currently booked at the Poly at the end of August for 10 days. I am really starting to question staying there with all the renovations so now am considering switching over to GF. It will be me my DH, DS 13 and DS6months.

Have a few questions. One is my oldest is worried there will no kids his age there since the hotel is so "fancy". Lol. I told him I didn't think that was the case. We visited the GF many times and alway see kids there. And second. Where would you suggest I make a room request for. I would like to be in a pretty centralized location. We would be booking standard if we did make the switch.

Appreciate your help!!!

I love Narcossee's - one my favorite at Disney regardless of what resort we are staying at we go there at least once. I have a reservation for 2/5!

Tom

Phyllis1966: Now THAT's a great view!!!

It seemed like all the rooms I saw pics of were views of trees and then WAY, WAY in between the branches was a view of the contemporary:rotfl2:!!!

Do you always get TPV?

No, not always, it's so expensive! Those pics are from our 2009 trip, when we went back with both sets of grandparents. We had booked garden view rooms, and they surprised us by upgrading all 3 rooms to TPV! We were all shocked and thrilled! The next time we went, we booked TPV (we were hooked and I think they know that!) and were put in the room my parents had previously had. There are some views with trees blocking, though, that's for sure. If you're lucky, a trip down to the front desk could get you a tree-free view in that case.

Over the years, we've had four or five dinners at Citricos, all very good. Our last meal there was in 2012, and we had a delicious meal, as always. It was our 20th anniversary, and they printed up commemorative menus for us with our names, a message, and Mickey and Minnie - it was really cute! Our DD enjoys Citricos as much as we do. It's a lonnnggg meal, though.

During that trip, we tried Narcoossee's for the first time, and we all thought it was a great meal. I was hesitant because of some reviews I read, but our meal was fantastic from starters to desserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter