(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny when I was looking for a room this fall the other day the bungalow came up as an option. I had never seen one available and now I know why!!! Thanks for the update.

RPC is amazingly fun! Enjoy your switch!

LOL that's why! I don't regret it at all. We are staying in a CL suite and spending half the money. We can do a bungalow on another trip...maybe one that is a bit shorter, since it's so expensive.

Just back from a wonderful time! in post Disney withdrawal. Sigh. No trip on the horizon, though I'd like to pencil one in. We had a great time in Sugarloaf. My one complaint really is that we did online check in and nobody gave me any resort information. i had to ask at concierge several times. i was texted that my room was ready at noon! Our balcony had a view of the fireworks which was a nice surprise. We are converts.

We just got home last night from our five night "Grand Getaway" and we truly had a grand time indeed! We were in Boca Chica, third floor, overlooking the back of Narcoosee's. While we could not see the castle, we could view most of Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant. I did not request any particular building this time and could not have been more delighted with the room. I will attempt to post a picture of our view, as from looking to the right.
IMG_0967.JPG

In addition to the awesome room we had, our entire stay was really nice. Mousekeeping particularly stands out as being exceptionally good this trip. Not only did our Mousekeeper keep us well supplied, but she had our room made up by mid-day so we could get in for naps after lunch. Turn down service was great too and I just treated myself after lunch today to one of the GF chocolates that made it home with me lol!

We didn't make it over to the beach pool but instead chose to hang out at the courtyard pool. No problem finding chairs and the Margaritas and cold beers hit the spot.

We ate lunch at Gasparilla's on our arrival day. Our food was good, although it took forever and a day to get it. We were told that one of the ovens was broken. We never made it back to eat there for the rest of the trip, but hopefully they got it fixed soon.

Transportation worked pretty well for us. We utilized the monorail and buses with limited hassle and wait. Also, we used Uber on three occasions, twice to Epcot and once to the Studios, and that was quite convenient too.

All the CMs we encountered at the GF were friendly and helpful. And the resort is just as lovely as always. We spent a little time in the lobby yesterday, just soaking up atmosphere, while waiting for the Magical Express to take us to the airport. Just wonderful.

And this is not GF related, but we did the Star Wars dessert party at the Studios Friday night. It was a blast and the highlight of our trip. If anyone is interested in doing that, I would highly recommend the experience.

Menu

Tabouleh with feta and pulled chicken
Goat cheese panacotta (was served frequently)
Strawberry Soup

Nightly:
Caprese
Crudités
Cheese Board
Ciabatta
Breadsticks/crackers
Olive Bread/a nice change
Dips including the spinach/artichoke that they usually just have during the day
Also the potato chips are out at night now.

Kids:
Either corn dog or chicken nuggets every night
Cheddar cubes
Grapes
Goldfish
Gummies
Cupcakes sprinkles in a bowl
Brownie
Rice Krispy treats

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter