• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of spreading out and we tried that last family trip but my family overruled me for future trips--they would rather pile up in one room and have the monorail and the boat the magic kingdom available, and they don't care that the Waldorf Astoria might truly be nicer. To them, being at a Disney resort is a big part of the vacation, which is something I did not realize until we tried something else that should have been wonderful but wasn't as good. Hard to put it into words, but think about what it is about being at the Poly and GF you really like.

The kids are already complaining, lol. I understand. I love the magic too. If I can get a decent rate on the GF, we can do a GF/Poly split. Thank you for reaffirming.

Welcome! I understand the lure of more space, potentially better service and a lower price point, but when it comes to a Disney vacation, it's all about location. Back many years ago when it was announced that the WAO would be opening, I created the first resort thread for it. I was so excited about staying there, but when it came down to it, it wasn't on property and would be missing much of the magic that comes with an onsite stay, which @DisneyCowgirl alluded to. I was excited, too about the Four Seasons opening. I know it out surpasses any Disney resort and it's even closer than the WAO, but it's missing some of the magic of an on-property resort.

I know you want CL, but have you considered staying at VGF? You'd have more space and it would be less than a suite.

Aren't the VGF hard to secure? My DH loves the piano player, so I thought he could enjoy that while we run th park.

Hi everyone! Haven't heard if guests at the GF are still receiving towel animals. How about the nice "good night cards", are those still being put out?

Just wondering.

Hi everyone! Haven't heard if guests at the GF are still receiving towel animals. How about the nice "good night cards", are those still being put out?

Just wondering.

Don't know about the goodnight cards but here's what I know about the towel animals.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers use to make the animals are towels that are going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

This is how it is across all WDW resorts, not specific to the GF. But I wanted to answer your question.

Two questions:

1. Are there ceiling fans in the Lagoon View rooms?

2. What are the pool hours for each pool?

1 week from today we leave for Ft Lauderdale, where did the summer go? Starting to go thru clothes, :laundy: washing what I think I'll take. Suitcases out! Then 10 days later checking into GF :goodvibes party:

Hello! I will be staying in a GFV one-bedroom with my husband and kids - 8, 6, 3, and baby. The 3YO has Down syndrome and is still in a crib/pack and play. He can't be in a bed because he would be all over the place and not stay in bed for a minute. It is an odd problem to have but the kid is just too happy! He will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and just talk to himself and LAUGH for an hour. The only time our daughter tried to sleep in his room he was up for hours laughing at her and she couldn't sleep and had to move. So my question is if there are any creative out of the way spots for his pack n play. At BWV, we put it in the closet through the bathroom, which was perfect. The kids will be in the living room, so that is a no-go and I would prefer not to have him be able to see us in the main bedroom, since I think he would think being in the same room was too hilarious and that would keep him up. Would it fit in the bathroom between the sink and the tub? Then we could use that as his little bedroom? Maybe the kitchen (but I wouldn't want him to be able to reach the stove or drawers?) is there a large closet that could fit it? Thanks!

Hello! I will be staying in a GFV one-bedroom with my husband and kids - 8, 6, 3, and baby. The 3YO has Down syndrome and is still in a crib/pack and play. He can't be in a bed because he would be all over the place and not stay in bed for a minute. It is an odd problem to have but the kid is just too happy! He will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and just talk to himself and LAUGH for an hour. The only time our daughter tried to sleep in his room he was up for hours laughing at her and she couldn't sleep and had to move. So my question is if there are any creative out of the way spots for his pack n play. At BWV, we put it in the closet through the bathroom, which was perfect. The kids will be in the living room, so that is a no-go and I would prefer not to have him be able to see us in the main bedroom, since I think he would think being in the same room was too hilarious and that would keep him up. Would it fit in the bathroom between the sink and the tub? Then we could use that as his little bedroom? Maybe the kitchen (but I wouldn't want him to be able to reach the stove or drawers?) is there a large closet that could fit it? Thanks!
There is a large closet on the Master Bedroom. When my young grandson came with us, we kept his pack n play in there.

Don't know about the goodnight cards but here's what I know about the towel animals.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers use to make the animals are towels that are going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

This is how it is across all WDW resorts, not specific to the GF. But I wanted to answer your question.

It was always very special to get a towel animal because they were really creative and fun, and usually posed in an adorable fashion. They always brought big happiness. This week I was surprised and delighted to receive a darling towel dog on my next to last day at WL. It was so unexpected it was extra special.

I believe You'll be in Sugar Loaf. It's really nice. We don't mind either but we prefer to be in the main building!

I actually asked the IPO and they said suite guests have access to both club lounges. That's really nice because we can be away from the bustle of the main building while still enjoying RPC.

It was always very special to get a towel animal because they were really creative and fun, and usually posed in an adorable fashion. They always brought big happiness. This week I was surprised and delighted to receive a darling towel dog on my next to last day at WL. It was so unexpected it was extra special.

Sorry to hijack the GF thread:flower3:, but are you going to post to the WL thread any OFC lounge information you were able to get? Your housekeeper wasn't Jonnette was it?

Sorry to hijack the GF thread:flower3:, but are you going to post to the WL thread any OFC lounge information you were able to get? Your housekeeper wasn't Jonnette was it?

Yes, I will be doing that soon! My housekeeper was Sam, according to the little card that was in the room. Enjoy your solo trip! Traveling solo I often have fine adventures that simply wouldn't happen if I were traveling with others.

1 week from today we leave for Ft Lauderdale, where did the summer go? Starting to go thru clothes, :laundy: washing what I think I'll take. Suitcases out! Then 10 days later checking into GF :goodvibes party:

1 week to go and the suitcases are out?????
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter