(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few more days until we check in!! Does anyone know if they have cartons of whole milk in Sandy Cove?

Got back last night from 6 Grand days!
Happy to report that Sugar Loaf had the breakfast cold cuts and cheese back. They also had cordials at night and the normal tea time treats, appetizers, and desserts. No trifle for tea time, but they did have very good red velvet cupcakes, along with scones and banana bread. The food servers were very helpful, kept filling up my cup.
Had one snag with monorail, on the last day, they changed the opening of the Magic Kingdom from 9 AM to 8 AM and no one informed the Monorail. So they got some larger boats and swung the buses that way. We ended up at the park at about 8:20.
We were very excited, got a turret room for the first time. It was spacious.
Great visit, ready to go back again. :earsgirl:

I just did my online check in. Options were the buildings, near elevator, upper floor, dormer, ground floor and lower floor(think that was it).

You can pick 2 but if early room a preference there is a button for that.

Since dd is doing a class and considered a convention I know we will probably be put in Sago. I made upper floor only as a request because I like my balcony up higher.

Wow this is is so helpful, thank you!!

Hello there fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Just skimmed this page...and I see that there are lots of trips coming up!! :woohoo: Hope that someone will be able to take the new Floridian Express resort tour.. I would love to hear about their experience...:thumbsup2

The very first page of this thread is a wealth of information...although some is a bit dated...the info on the grounds and views is accurate...Boca Chica is an outer building that I always recommend...I think that is has great garden views...across the courtyard/and courtyard pool area...and is very centrally located to the pool, boat dock...and not to far to either the main building for monorail access and or to the bus stop...although...the grounds are pretty compact..so nothing is a very long walk to get to ...but I think BC is really more in the middle of it all....Are you in a GV room..Conch Key standard has some rooms with a lovely marina view...as does Sago...as for which floor...upper floors typically have a broader view...but you can end up with a dormer room...which has a vaulted ceiling..more visual space...but maybe slighly smaller in square footage...and an enclosed balcony...ground floor rooms IMO are wonderful for convenience...as I said..just depends on personal preference...all good choices...as this is a lovely resort...:cloud9:

This is so helpful, thank you!! We have a garden view. You made up my mind for Boca Chica! So excited to stay here for the first time! :) sounds incredible

I just did my online check in. Options were the buildings, near elevator, upper floor, dormer, ground floor and lower floor(think that was it).

You can pick 2 but if early room a preference there is a button for that.

Since dd is doing a class and considered a convention I know we will probably be put in Sago. I made upper floor only as a request because I like my balcony up higher.
6 days before on line check in & FP+ to go for me!!

A question about online check in. One of my sons is staying with us for only 4 of our 7 nights. So we had to pay the extra person room fee for all 7 nights for him. Our TA told us then at check in, just tell the front desk that and they will credit us the extra person fee for the nights he is not there. So my question is, should we still do online check in or not bother since we have to go to front desk anyway to get this squared away??

I'm thinking just skip online check-in this time. What do you guys think? Thanks!!

I've finalized our plans and I'm all set to stay at the GF for the first time!

I looked at the online check-in and I can select a dormer room as an option but I what I'd like to do is request "NOT a dormer room." Should I call and add that request to my reservation or what's the best way to do that? I have a deluxe garden view room booked. Is there a building I should request? Thanks!!

A question about online check in. One of my sons is staying with us for only 4 of our 7 nights. So we had to pay the extra person room fee for all 7 nights for him. Our TA told us then at check in, just tell the front desk that and they will credit us the extra person fee for the nights he is not there. So my question is, should we still do online check in or not bother since we have to go to front desk anyway to get this squared away??

I'm thinking just skip online check-in this time. What do you guys think? Thanks!!

I did online checkin with very similar circumstances - that way I was able to go down to the front desk at my convenience to have the extra person room charge removed from our account. That was it didn't interfere with any park time.

Tom

I've finalized our plans and I'm all set to stay at the GF for the first time!

I looked at the online check-in and I can select a dormer room as an option but I what I'd like to do is request "NOT a dormer room." Should I call and add that request to my reservation or what's the best way to do that? I have a deluxe garden view room booked. Is there a building I should request? Thanks!!
Yes you could do that, call. Or just pick other options and see what you get. You can change rooms if you don't like what you get as long as not too late of an arrival.

GF is tricky compared to other resorts. I make a map and memorize room numbers for each stay. For Sago ( We will probably get due to conference) The 5th floor is dormer but also some rooms on the 4th. I requested upper floor so 4th floor could or could not be a good room(don't want dormer either) depending if in center of building or outsides.

i agree with Tom.

Yes you could do that, call. Or just pick other options and see what you get. You can change rooms if you don't like what you get as long as not too late of an arrival.

GF is tricky compared to other resorts. I make a map and memorize room numbers for each stay. For Sago ( We will probably get due to conference) The 5th floor is dormer but also some rooms on the 4th. I requested upper floor so 4th floor could or could not be a good room(don't want dormer either) depending if in center of building or outsides.
Same with Boca Chica, some 4th floor could be dormer. On first stay I requested upper floor but didn't check dormer. On reservation I requested no dormer, guess what I got??? Went back to desk and changed. Got 2nd floor, great view and loved it.
So now I'm worried about ticking high floor, ugh. There should be a box- high floor, no dormer!!

Last edited:

One of my daughters will be staying with us for part of our stay. I plan on doing online check in. As Tom says, you don't have to go to desk immediately. In my case we do since we don't live in the US so have to pick up our MBs at desk. We also don't get room ready texts. But, the big advantage for us doing online check in is adding arrival time. We plan on getting to resort early. We are spending 10 days in Ft Lauderdale before Wdw, so will drive up early.

Not long now until our July GF stay :cool1:
We booked through a travel agent here in the UK but as separate components rather than a specific package like Thomsons or Virgin Hols type of thing.
We were given airline booking refs and Disney reservation numbers so I've done all the necessary things myself such as ADR's, online check-in, upgraded seats on flight etc.
My booking at the GF is under 2 reservation numbers as we have 2 rooms booked, one for myself and my daughter, the other for my sister and her son.
We would obviously want to be near each other, even connecting (that would be nice!) plus we need 2 beds in each room because of the dynamics involved. At a pinch I could share with my daughter but not so sure about Sally and her son Tom (who's 21!) :oops:
Is there anything we need to do to ensure we get these necessities (actually having rooms close to each other isn't as important as having 2 beds so a 'want' rather than a necessity really.)
I've done separate online checkins for both bookings and asked for Boca Chica higher room on both as requests but there wasn't anywhere to write anything else. What would be best to do? Email the central reservations now and then contact the GF a few days before we arrive? Any advice very much appreciated!

Even if you do Online Check In there's a pretty good chance you'll still have to stop by the Online Check In Desk. Not everyone that does Online Check in gets to Bypass The Front Desk. And even if you are able to Bypass The Front Desk, as @KonaKaiTom said this doesn't have to be done when you Check In. You can do it later if you have a resort day or have some spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter