• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ticker is a bit off, we won't be dining at Narcossee's until 10/28, but I'm just dreaming of Coriander and Shichimi-spiced Seared Ahi Tuna , and the artisanal cheeses!

Tom

Tom My tickers are always off????????????????? :confused: :wizard: :laughing: ..and I am never sure why....lol....

That Narcoosees dinner sure does sound good though....love to see some food pics....cause you know that what its always about!! :thumbsup2 Enjoy!!

Hello fellow GF fans :wave2:....Page 2 rescue....!!!!!!!!!!

Almost all standard rooms at the GF have 2 queen beds and a day bed...there are specific rooms that have king beds in that designated category..although there are some rooms standard rooms with kings beds..there are not that many and I believe would most likely have to be requested...So I think that you will definitely get your preference....:thumbsup2

Having that request on your reservation is definitely the best way to try and get what you want...and I agree...at other resorts..for instance POFQ you can reserve and standard room with a king bed....BE sure to ask at the desk before you even head to your room if it does indeed have a king bed..otherwise have them change it right then... I can't remember if you are staying CL loveshak...but if you are be sure to put in a call to IPO with your request a few weeks before your trip...They can also put the request in for you...:goodvibes

Last year it was completed by mid November and opened about the 20th I think....

:dance3:

And I agree..thanks for taking the time to pop in Dispro...and for sharing some pics too!! Its the next best thing to being there...:thumbsup2

Hope that you all are having a magical Monday....:earsgirl: preppy GF gal is almost ready to do the single digit dance!!!:woohoo:

Hi Blue! Yes - I have a note on my calendar to email IPO at the beginning of November to remind them of my request (thanks to your advice)!! Fingers crossed we get a king...it was hard letting go of the King Deluxe in the main building but I couldn't justify the room without any discounts. I'm excited about SL but just really want that king bed!

Oh - and you're next to be at the Grand after @Dispro1 right?? Have a GRAND trip!!

Not that I have to worry about this anytime soon as my trip isn't until August lol, but is there a place on the online check in form to indicate preference for two queen beds? Or is that a request I should have my TA put in for us? I can't remember what all is on the form, other than buildings and floors. I've focused so much on what building I wanted to be in that I haven't given much thought to the bed type. And on our past two trips, we have been assigned to a king bed room, when what we needed was the queen configuration. Fortunately, we were able to get switched to the queens, but I would definitely like to request it if possible.

As @BlueSkies mentioned, call and add a request to your reservation of "2 queens" or "Non King Room".

I still don't understand why Disney doesn't let people reserve the room they want. Most hotels let you reserve your bed type. I understand Disney probably wants some flexibility when assigning rooms, but it seems like they could control reservations by what rooms they opened for booking and then people would know what they are getting.

Yes, I've always wondered why at the Moderates you can actually book a king room but at the Values and Deluxes it is only a request. :confused3

Tom My tickers are always off????????????????? :confused: :wizard: :laughing: ..and I am never sure why....lol....

That Narcoosees dinner sure does sound good though....love to see some food pics....cause you know that what its always about!! :thumbsup2 Enjoy!!
Have a great trip Blue! Enjoy all the yummy goodies Disney has to offer. Hope to hear all about it when you return.

Hi Blue -- I think our tickers are off because we are always moving our dates around -- plus I have friends that think I'm a little off for spending so much time at WDW! Yes, it is all about the food, can't wait for Food and Wine indulgences!!

Tom

Well, I'm back home!! The post trip depression hasn't set in yet because I'm happy to be with my dog...and I'm tired from traveling home. We had a fantastic trip, but of course we wish it had been a little longer...those darn school schedules!! Some of my pictures didn't post the other day for some reason, but I'll try again:) FYI, the weather was fantastic but the parks were packed!! I thought it was because it was Columbus Day weekend, but Vonnie (a long time RPC concierge) said it's been that way for 3 weeks!! There wasn't even a BB offer in my folder because according to Dan (another RPC concierge) they are offering those less and less and whether or not you get an offer of any kind depends on where you live (PIN codes too, evidently):( Dan said GF is at 100% capacity 90% of the time....so the high image.jpg prices and low discounts (if any) are here to stay! Some celebrities were staying in RPC while we were there, but I didn't see any:( Some friends of mine were on the elevator with Kurt Russell!! But the beauty of GF is unsurpassed, IMO, so that was good enough:) image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg
For those of you with upcoming trips... I'm wishing you low crowds and excellent weather!!! The weather was fantastic (sunny and warm) when we were there:) I'm not even sure why the last photo I posted shows so many clouds...they must have "burned off" when the sun really came up??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2
Well, I'm back home!! The post trip depression hasn't set in yet because I'm happy to be with my dog...and I'm tired from traveling home. We had a fantastic trip, but of course we wish it had been a little longer...those darn school schedules!! Some of my pictures didn't post the other day for some reason, but I'll try again:) FYI, the weather was fantastic but the parks were packed!! I thought it was because it was Columbus Day weekend, but Vonnie (a long time RPC concierge) said it's been that way for 3 weeks!! There wasn't even a BB offer in my folder because according to Dan (another RPC concierge) they are offering those less and less and whether or not you get an offer of any kind depends on where you live (PIN codes too, evidently):( Dan said GF is at 100% capacity 90% of the time....so the high View attachment 128643 prices and low discounts (if any) are here to stay! Some celebrities were staying in RPC while we were there, but I didn't see any:( Some friends of mine were on the elevator with Kurt Russell!! But the beauty of GF is unsurpassed, IMO, so that was good enough:) View attachment 128648View attachment 128649 View attachment 128650
For those of you with upcoming trips... I'm wishing you low crowds and excellent weather!!! The weather was fantastic (sunny and warm) when we were there:) I'm not even sure why the last photo I posted shows so many clouds...they must have "burned off" when the sun really came up??

Welcome home and thanks for the pics and info about the hotel and crowds!! If they are keeping the hotel at capacity 90% of the time and a large number of people are paying rack rates...then good for them! The smart business decision is to offer less discounts if people pay full price and parks and resorts stay crowded. At some point though, I feel like the bubble will burst. People will get tired of high prices and all the crowds. Of course, they are hedging their beats with all the new attractions they are building over the next 3-4 years. That way if they do start to hit a lull, people will come back to see some of the new attractions to check them out.

Dispro.... I'm happy to hear you had a great trip. Thanks for all the beautiful photos. Now enjoy time with your doggie:dog:.

Thanks for all the "welcome back" comments!! It seems like I was just hearing that "welcome home" they say when you check in at Disney resorts....wow it went by fast, so Blue and Tom, soak it up!!! If I didn't have that December trip planned, I'd probably be crying right now -lol!

Thanks for all the "welcome back" comments!! It seems like I was just hearing that "welcome home" they say when you check in at Disney resorts....wow it went by fast, so Blue and Tom, soak it up!!! If I didn't have that December trip planned, I'd probably be crying right now -lol!
Welcome home my Grand friend...now the December countdown is on!

For me it is 3 weeks until Sugarloaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60 days until BWI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter