• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your suggestions! Yes we were planning to rent a car for the entire week and it was a lot cheaper from MCO than the car center. But that's when we were originally booked at CSR and were going to drive to the parks. Since we switched to GF and will have the monorail and boat I am rethinking it. We really only need a car for one day to visit my Gram in Tampa and a one day rental from the Disney car center is much cheaper than a week from MCO. And I agree with not having to deal with the luggage, that was one perk I was really gonna miss. I think we might need to rethink the car rental plan. Thanks again!
The gf recommended the car place across from Poly. They come pick you up and bring you back with a small wait(5 mins). We loved how quick and easy it was.

We took ME to CR on Friday night then checked out Saturday. We got the car and drove to visit inlaws. We came back on Sunday and checked into Poly. Dd then dropped off car while I unpacked and they brought him right back. It was only a few mins.

Thank you and we are so excited about the trip.

Your trip will be here before you know it and you will have a great time! :wizard:.

I'm getting so excited for our trip, we'll be checking into the Grand in 6 weeks!

I have a question about room requests. We will be traveling with 2 kids under three, so a quiet room is my number one preference. I am planning to request "away from the elevator" but would also like to request a non-connecting room. What terminology should I use? Is non-connecting sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You will be checking into the GF before you know it! I think your requests for "near elevator" and "non-connecting" are fine :).

Ever since my DGD Kady was little, Buddy has always bought her a gift just from him fo holidays, and now he sends her flowers for holidays. Now we have the little girls down the street, who are like our granddaighters, so he does the same for them (no flowers yet). He tucks "ice cream" money in their little hands for every road trip, so he is trying to make this trip special for the three of them. he is quite devastated that Kady, at 14 is too big for all the little girl things, so she will be getting additional "ice cream" money in her Disney Gift cards. It is funny, the adults ont his trip arepretty invested in making this first trip fo the girls as special as possible. That's why Bud asked me to cancel POFQ and book two rooms at the Grand....the only resort for young Princesses! LOL!

I booked the appointments today!

How sweet! :goodvibes

Congrats on booking the appointments. Sounds like a very fun trip :wizard:.

Now November just needs to hurry up and get here!!

November will be here before you know it ::yes::.

We'll be booking massages for our September trip so I'll report back to you upon our return. I didn't receive any responses to my spa question, either, so I hope everything turns out wonderfully for us! CM friend and I receive massages on a regular basis so I know we'll be able to assess and give an honest review.

I hope you have a great trip :).

Our reservation is Outer Bldg Lagoon View and we were thinking of requesting Boca Chica and high floor. Is this a good request? And any other suggestions would be great.

I'm not BlueSkies, but I think that's a good request. All of the outer buildings are great, but Boca Chica is one of my favorites ;).

The latest check out I've gotten is 1:00 at any wdw resort. Depends how booked they are.

It depends on whether or not there is someone checking into your room the day you check out. We have been able to get late check out a couple of times but not usually. If late check out isn't available, they may not have a problem giving you a little extra time to get your things together (like until 11:30) - we have done this before too.
Thank you both for your replies.

I hope you have a great trip :).
Thank you! We are looking forward to our stay!! My younger daughter had her wedding reception at the GFC and all the CMs involved were amazing and so helpful. We can't wait to be pampered during our stay!

@drwadadli and @loveshak22 ~ I read the TripAdvisor reviews for Senses spa and all massage therapists received great reviews. If you've ever been to Senses spa on the Fantasy or Dream, just beware that Senses at GF sounds like it's 1/4 the size but includes the same amenities. It still sounds great to me! :-)

Thank you! We are looking forward to our stay!! My younger daughter had her wedding reception at the GFC and all the CMs involved were amazing and so helpful. We can't wait to be pampered during our stay!

@drwadadli and @loveshak22 ~ I read the TripAdvisor reviews for Senses spa and all massage therapists received great reviews. If you've ever been to Senses spa on the Fantasy or Dream, just beware that Senses at GF sounds like it's 1/4 the size but includes the same amenities. It still sounds great to me! :-)

Thanks for the info! I did hear that the spa was small, but it looks nice from what I've seen!

We had massages when we were at AKL but it wasn't an actual spa. They had massage rooms off to the side of the gym basically. The massage wasn't bad, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Spa at GF!

Thanks Blue! My posts are much whinier than they really need to be :rotfl:

It will all work out :thumbsup2 Although, I do appreciate the forum to vent!!

If I was just a normal person I wouldn't even have started planning until like August or September and then I wouldn't have had to worry about what would happen 6 months out because I would just be planning around what was actually available! But, Disney can bring out the obsessive planning in all of us, especially those of us (pointing at myself here) with predispositions towards being planning fanatics!!
Normal?!? I didn't know any of us were...
Thanks for the info! I did hear that the spa was small, but it looks nice from what I've seen!

We had massages when we were at AKL but it wasn't an actual spa. They had massage rooms off to the side of the gym basically. The massage wasn't bad, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Spa at GF![/QUOTE

Thank you for the info. I haven't been on the Fantasy or Dream so I had no Disney spa to compare it to. Thank you again and safe travelling.

Thank you so much and have fun on your trip. I will have my wife start to look at services so we can book our treatment in the near future. I would appreciate it if you would let me know how things go when you get back.

I've used Senses several times for mani/pedis, massages, and facials, and have nothing but great things to say! The facilities are clean and well maintained and the staff has always been friendly and professional. The jacuzzi area is a bit small, but I've never seen it crowded.

In terms of specific services, I've always been pleased. For some reason I had low expectations going in to my first visit, despite the price tag. I guess I thought it may be a "deluxe" spa in the same sense that Disney deluxe resorts offer less amenities than deluxe resorts in the real world (Four Seasons, Ritz, etc) in my opinion at least. But I have always been more than satisfied with the services and am obviously a returning customer!

DH and I try to schedule at least one day at the resort each trip. We typically do a cabana at the pool in the 10am-2pm time slot, and then a couples massage or I'll get a mani/pedi or facial around 3 or so. We finish the night with a dinner at Narcoossees and Wishes. The perfect day! :)

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the spa... I'd be happy to answer if I can!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! :goodvibes and on your trip being so close!! We are a family of 5 and always felt comfortable in the standard rooms at the monorail resorts..and especially liked the convenience of being able to hop right back to the resort mid day for the little ones to nap/swim or just take a general break....so you might want to think about that..particularly with VGF and BLT now being available...

Thanks BlueSkies!

Don't know how I missed this before..thanks for sharing this info loveshak :goodvibes ...I'm pretty sure that 4 of those king rooms are 61,2,3 and 422.. I am wondering if the other two are the king rooms that are attached to the suites in SL..? Good to know that none are HA also for those that prefer a room with a tub...I actually was advised by someone in IPO...a while back though..and not someone that I am familiar with...that some of the king rooms are HA??? Sounds to me like the person that you spoke with shared more info..and was more knowledgeable! :thumbsup2

Blue - I realized that I didn't answer this! I hope the CM was correct - LOL!! I'll let you know what I find out in November!

I've used Senses several times for mani/pedis, massages, and facials, and have nothing but great things to say! The facilities are clean and well maintained and the staff has always been friendly and professional. The jacuzzi area is a bit small, but I've never seen it crowded.

In terms of specific services, I've always been pleased. For some reason I had low expectations going in to my first visit, despite the price tag. I guess I thought it may be a "deluxe" spa in the same sense that Disney deluxe resorts offer less amenities than deluxe resorts in the real world (Four Seasons, Ritz, etc) in my opinion at least. But I have always been more than satisfied with the services and am obviously a returning customer!

DH and I try to schedule at least one day at the resort each trip. We typically do a cabana at the pool in the 10am-2pm time slot, and then a couples massage or I'll get a mani/pedi or facial around 3 or so. We finish the night with a dinner at Narcoossees and Wishes. The perfect day! :)

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the spa... I'd be happy to answer if I can!

Thank you for the reply and great information.

My first time staying at GF and I'm so excited! I'm a youth leader for my church and just found out about the conferrence being held 9/8 - 9/11. I asked church if they would cover the expenses and they said yes! So . . . I'm on my way along with my SIL. This leaves me less than 6 weeks to plan :faint: I tried to read through the whole tread, but there's a lot of reading! My main question is what building to stay in? This is a huge deal for me because we would never be able to stay at the GF on our own dime. I want to soak up as much of the luxury as I can! I don't mind walking and hope to walk the trail to the Poly. Our reservations has an Outer Building Garden View room listed. I would love a water view! Any suggestions for me?

Thanks!
Michelle in MI

My first time staying at GF and I'm so excited! I'm a youth leader for my church and just found out about the conferrence being held 9/8 - 9/11. I asked church if they would cover the expenses and they said yes! So . . . I'm on my way along with my SIL. This leaves me less than 6 weeks to plan :faint: I tried to read through the whole tread, but there's a lot of reading! My main question is what building to stay in? This is a huge deal for me because we would never be able to stay at the GF on our own dime. I want to soak up as much of the luxury as I can! I don't mind walking and hope to walk the trail to the Poly. Our reservations has an Outer Building Garden View room listed. I would love a water view! Any suggestions for me?

Thanks!
Michelle in MI

I would ask for a marina view in sago key or conch key. Those are water views but considered garden view. You can also see some of bay lake on the monorail side of sago key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter