• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all - I had to resign up under the Real Jimmy Galaxy as couldn't get my log in to work again?
Anyway I'm back and currently typing from the Hyatt Orlando Airport as my partner and I wait for my sister in law and 3 excited kids.
We check in tomorrow at BC CL Lagoon view for 14 nights - I have been in florida for a week and half already and this will be the perfect end to what has already been an amazing stay. I'll try to log on and let you know how we get on.
I have got a full itenery planned - if anyone needs a copy let me know - not sure if I can post it on here? (advice anyone)

Have a magic day all!

So I've been searching, but can't fine. I'm Trying to decide on online check in. We have a lagoon/pool view yc room upcoming. I want to request a lagoon view. Should I call the resort to request? When? Online check in? Thanks. This is our first YC stay.

Thoughts on club level.......,

Breakfast was great! A selection of cold cereals, watermelon, bananas. oranges, apples, cantaloupe, cold meats, cheese, multigrain bread, steel cut oats with toppings, grits, bagels, pastries, yogurt, a yummy quinoa fruit salad, cranberry and orange juice, 2%, skim and chocolate milk, coffee and tea. Can I just express my undying love for the Nespresso machine???? We made to go lattes to enjoy on the way to the park every morning.

Afternoon snacks: We only made it up once for the afternoon offerings, There was a nice selection of trail mix (2 kinds), pretzels, chips and dip, fruit, swedish fish and cookies. Lemonade, iced tea and the super yummy Stormalong Bay Breeze were available as well as the sodas.

We did come every evening for the cocktail hour. There were 2 whites (pinot grigio and chardonnay) a white zinfadel and 2 reds. While the wines were nice, they were nothing outstanding. Every evening there was cheese and crackers, multigrain bread, 2 salads (the chick pea salad is out of this world good), 2 hot offerings (the bacon wrapped scallops, chicken skewers and red pepper goat cheese phyllo triangles were our favourites), veggies and dip, apples and caramel and rolls with PB&J. As we had a later lunch each day this was often enough to tide us over, The boys did not really enjoy the evening offerings but their taste buds are still geared to plainer foods. We found that they would be hungry around 8pm and we would slip down to Marketplace or over to the Boardwalk to pick something up for them.

Cordials: There was a nice selection of desserts but not a lot of variety from night to night. That being said, we did really enjoy the lemon cake and the chocolate layer cake. There were four liqueurs: Amarula, Drambuie, Kaluha and Grand Marnier. We really enjoyed the lovely selection of Twinnings teas, especially my beloved Lemon Ginger and Pomegranate/Raspberry. The boys really loved the sugar cookies and the swedish fish.

Would we go for club level again??? I don't think so.....it is a lot of money and while it was lovely to experience once it just didn't wow us. The staff were helpful but not overly friendly with the exception of Neil from Tampa who is OUTSTANDING! Since I am huge overplanner, researcher type the services that IPO could offer to other guests weren't really something I needed. I'm glad we tried it and we did enjoy it but on future trips I would rather put that money towards special experiences such as dinner shows, fireworks cruise, tours etc. Just my 2 cents...... if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Hi! So we are going to be at the yacht club april 20-26. Initially the plan was just 3 of us, but now, relatively last minute, my stepdaughter (18) has expressed interest in joining us and we would LOVE to have her come.

So my question is this: how likely am I to have a request for a room with a daybed honored? We could make it work with just two queens, but I think stepdaughter would be much more comfortable in her own sleeping space. I know they are prioritized for families of 5, but wondering if others in the 4 or less number range have had success getting these rooms?

Hello all - I had to resign up under the Real Jimmy Galaxy as couldn't get my log in to work again?
Anyway I'm back and currently typing from the Hyatt Orlando Airport as my partner and I wait for my sister in law and 3 excited kids.
We check in tomorrow at BC CL Lagoon view for 14 nights - I have been in florida for a week and half already and this will be the perfect end to what has already been an amazing stay. I'll try to log on and let you know how we get on.
I have got a full itenery planned - if anyone needs a copy let me know - not sure if I can post it on here? (advice anyone)

Have a magic day all!
did you do any room requests. I have lagoon / water view cl in September, i can't wait to read about your stay.

if the kids don't like peanut butter and jelly would they bring them just peanut butter

See, this would be brilliant, but he is very technically savvy and the payback might be more than I bargained for. He keeps his phone on mute most of the time, too, so he doesn't forget to do it when he goes to court (as an attorney, not a criminal, although I realize there can be a fine line between the two).

But, I discovered a good alternative. My kids were whinging about the music I chose to play one night (some classical piece I can't recall). Thought it was too long and repetitive. I said, "you want long and repetitive, I've got long and repetitive." Cue up Bolero. All seventeen-plus minutes of it. My husband commented that the kids weren't the only ones being punished that night. So I'll keep that one in mind the next time he gifts me with an ear worm from 1970's TV.

I'm just dreaming of our trip in August at this point. The forecast here has the temp getting up to the 60's for a few days, but then going right back down to the upper forties for Easter weekend.

cgulls - I think there's an exit by Cape May Cafe that is right by the one entrance to SAB, but my memory is hazy (which is sad, since I was just there last August).

Tara - Ummm....if I remember correctly, your DH is a Lehigh graduate. You could get back at him by reminding him of the Lehigh / Lafayette game that just took place at Yankee Stadium this past November or just mention Lafayette, it is enough to get any Lehigh Alum or current student feisty! LEHIGH...love this university.

View attachment 84704 This machine...somebody asked about coffee. I am looking forward to this machine in a little over 6 weeks!

I have a small Nespresso machine at home and adore it. I was so happy to see one at the YC when we were there.

Tara - Ummm....if I remember correctly, your DH is a Lehigh graduate. You could get back at him by reminding him of the Lehigh / Lafayette game that just took place at Yankee Stadium this past November or just mention Lafayette, it is enough to get any Lehigh Alum or current student feisty! LEHIGH...love this university.

You have a good memory. Yeah, that was a not-fun day, if I'm remembering it. Although my husband commented that at least he hadn't paid money to travel to NYC to see the game, like many of his fraternity brothers had.

Question for those that post pictures. I've always used photobucket, but it's just ridiculously slow. I started a PTR for our August trip (shameless plug - it's the second link in my signature). I'm giving Flickr a whirl, but does anyone have a different photo sharing site they particularly like?

Thoughts on club level.......,

Breakfast was great! A selection of cold cereals, watermelon, bananas. oranges, apples, cantaloupe, cold meats, cheese, multigrain bread, steel cut oats with toppings, grits, bagels, pastries, yogurt, a yummy quinoa fruit salad, cranberry and orange juice, 2%, skim and chocolate milk, coffee and tea. Can I just express my undying love for the Nespresso machine???? We made to go lattes to enjoy on the way to the park every morning.

Afternoon snacks: We only made it up once for the afternoon offerings, There was a nice selection of trail mix (2 kinds), pretzels, chips and dip, fruit, swedish fish and cookies. Lemonade, iced tea and the super yummy Stormalong Bay Breeze were available as well as the sodas.

We did come every evening for the cocktail hour. There were 2 whites (pinot grigio and chardonnay) a white zinfadel and 2 reds. While the wines were nice, they were nothing outstanding. Every evening there was cheese and crackers, multigrain bread, 2 salads (the chick pea salad is out of this world good), 2 hot offerings (the bacon wrapped scallops, chicken skewers and red pepper goat cheese phyllo triangles were our favourites), veggies and dip, apples and caramel and rolls with PB&J. As we had a later lunch each day this was often enough to tide us over, The boys did not really enjoy the evening offerings but their taste buds are still geared to plainer foods. We found that they would be hungry around 8pm and we would slip down to Marketplace or over to the Boardwalk to pick something up for them.

Cordials: There was a nice selection of desserts but not a lot of variety from night to night. That being said, we did really enjoy the lemon cake and the chocolate layer cake. There were four liqueurs: Amarula, Drambuie, Kaluha and Grand Marnier. We really enjoyed the lovely selection of Twinnings teas, especially my beloved Lemon Ginger and Pomegranate/Raspberry. The boys really loved the sugar cookies and the swedish fish.

Would we go for club level again??? I don't think so.....it is a lot of money and while it was lovely to experience once it just didn't wow us. The staff were helpful but not overly friendly with the exception of Neil from Tampa who is OUTSTANDING! Since I am huge overplanner, researcher type the services that IPO could offer to other guests weren't really something I needed. I'm glad we tried it and we did enjoy it but on future trips I would rather put that money towards special experiences such as dinner shows, fireworks cruise, tours etc. Just my 2 cents...... if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks for taking the time to share this awesome review of Club Level. Your descriptions will really help people decide if Club Level is the way to go for their next trip! :thanks:

~NM

Have a wonderful trip Teena! I'll think of you lounging at the adult only pool and enjoying some well deserved "me time". Enjoy!:)

With all the "decloaking" I just noticed I had forgotten to post my confirmed dates for my visit to YC.

My wife and 7 year old son will be checking in to YC Garden View from June 24th through July 9th.

Double digits now folks !

J

Dee- I forgot to have you add me to the list when I booked this trip...
BC SV 4/1-4/5
I will be spending lots and lots of time soaking in the sunshine at SAB.
I woke up to the sound of a snowblower today. Grrrrr...

We're up and getting ready to heading to the Port. Hope everybody has a wonderful week at the Y&B. I'll see you all there on Easter morning!!!

Have fun Teena. You have earned it! See you next Sunday!

Heading to BC Villas last week of April for first time since 2009! We can't wait. Trying to remember the room/floor we stayed in last time so I can request a similar location. We had a little help from a special friend on this board getting that room location in 2009 and it was perfect. Top floor view of EPCOT and we could see MK & EPCOT fireworks. It was a studio, I think it was 555,561, or 559... but not sure. Anyone have photos of the view from odd number upper floor studio rooms at the Villas?

Hello. Just extended our trip by three nights and decided to try something out of our comfort zone so we booked YC for the first time ever! August 10-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter