2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 192-195

We received this letter from Disney regarding our upcoming (April 15th) stay at the BC (GV room):

Thanks again for posting the email- I put a link to this on the first page with the BC renovation info.

Would love to hear opinions on how disruptive the room renovations could be. E.g., How close might they put guests to a room being worked on?

Is it a bit of a gamble? (Seems I'm already gambling with getting a full balcony - important to us - and the x699 rooms. (I know, its only 5 rooms, but I always have the worst luck at things!)

We'll be there 3rd week in April, so not a sell out week.

Opinions from people who've stayed at a deluxe with room reno going on?? I have POR pref'd booked also for $700 less (6 nights). We've stayed there and its fine, but I really wanted to get back to a deluxe, I know the kids would love SAB, and I would love to be able to walk to Flower & Garden events. We'll have been at ASMo for 2 nights prior, so wouldn't change rooms once we get one. We'd be arriving on a Monday.

Help me decide! TIA!

I don't currently have you on the Be Our Guest list- looks like you may still be deciding...

:welcome:

Not really sure how to advise you about savings vs. deluxe, but good luck with your decision. A few people have posted about their experience with staying during this renovation. Anyone else have comments?

:cool1:

We are going for Easter. Have SV CL booked. It has been at least 15 years since we stayed at BC.

Thanks for the info. I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Teena: I'll have plenty of time to see you in Nov/Dec. The dates for that trip are 11/28/15 to 12/13/15 at the Boardwalk CLUB LEVEL!!! :banana::banana::banana: I couldn't get the Beach Club with my "Magical" deal. I will just have to spend a lot of time running back and forth to the Marketplace for some of those delicious Chocolate croissants!
lick.gif

~NM

So jealous of your November / December extended stay at BWI CLUB LEVEL! That is a nice long stay. Wow, I need to think about a plan to stay at the same time at the BWI with the "magical" deal. Would be sooo much fun.

We had such a blast rooming together in August...

I can't commit to a trip right now, but we should seriously think about a short "girls" trip in early December. Maybe either Janetmom and/or Nannette could join us for a little mini-meet. I think split 4 ways, even with the extra adult charge, would be a reasonably "magical" price. I should know more about whether I can get away in December early this summer. I have always wanted to visit Disney during the holiday season and it would be a great time to check out the Boardwalk!!!

:santa:

Today was my ADR day and the Cast Members at the IPO were wonderful. I have everything I wanted!

That is fantastic!!!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Magical Express Question: Does anyone know what the routne ME stops are from the airport to the Beach Club? I know the stops often vary depending on the time of day and number of people waiting on a bus, but I was curious as to what other people's experiences were.

Magical Express Question: Does anyone know what the routne ME stops are from the airport to the Beach Club? I know the stops often vary depending on the time of day and number of people waiting on a bus, but I was curious as to what other people's experiences were.

The 3 times I have used ME from MCO to the Beach Club, it has been CBR-BWI-BC or POR-BWI-BC.

I think it was an hour and 45 minutes from landing to arrival at BC during my trip in August, but I was one of the early ones on the bus and had to wait about 25 minutes for it to fill before it left the airport.

:)

Last edited:

It does depend on the time of day and the number of pax expected, for each resort stop.

At mid-day to early afternoon, I've usually experienced BWI, YC, BC. Last time, the driver said he could not unload at YC, due to other buses in the way, at the time, so the order was BWI, BC, YC. One other time, there was an additional stop, before the Epcot resorts; I think it was at POR.

Sometimes, like my last trip, the timing is perfect, and you can board a bus just about ready to depart; other times, it seems like a bus just pulled out, so there is about a 20 minute wait for another ME.

On the return to MCO, it's usually BC, YC, CBR; last time, though, we made an additional stop, at Saratoga Springs.

I like that BC is the first pick-up point, on the way to the airport.

Do multiple electronic devices have the same effect on teenage boys?

Why yes, yes they DO! AND an effective way to stem the fighting is to leave the perpetrator deviceless. It's a punishment worse than death when trapped in the car for a loooong ride.

What did WE do when we were kids and we didn't have these devices? Oh the agony!

~NM

Why yes, yes they DO! AND an effective way to stem the fighting is to leave the perpetrator deviceless. It's a punishment worse than death when trapped in the car for a loooong ride.

What did WE do when we were kids and we didn't have these devices? Oh the agony!

~NM
We sat in the far back of the station wagon and played gin! Those crazy 70s!

Thanks. That gives me a couple places I can get stuff from. Downtown Disney will have a lot of changes since I was there last. Less than 50 days to go now. Still haven't made any room requests yet lol. How far a walk is it from a room overlooking the canal to the walkway around the lake? I've stayed in a pirate room at CBR before so I'm thinking I'll probably think its not that far.

Would love to hear opinions on how disruptive the room renovations could be. E.g., How close might they put guests to a room being worked on?

Is it a bit of a gamble? (Seems I'm already gambling with getting a full balcony - important to us - and the x699 rooms. (I know, its only 5 rooms, but I always have the worst luck at things!)

We'll be there 3rd week in April, so not a sell out week.

Opinions from people who've stayed at a deluxe with room reno going on?? I have POR pref'd booked also for $700 less (6 nights). We've stayed there and its fine, but I really wanted to get back to a deluxe, I know the kids would love SAB, and I would love to be able to walk to Flower & Garden events. We'll have been at ASMo for 2 nights prior, so wouldn't change rooms once we get one. We'd be arriving on a Monday.

Help me decide! TIA!
Last year we were at the BWI during a Reno there and didn't have any problems. We never heard any noise and never saw a worker.

And POR doesn't have balconies so I guess getting a Juliet style would still be nicer to me. JMHO

Yes! Me too that would be Fun!!!

I can't commit to a trip right now, but we should seriously think about a short "girls" trip in early December. Maybe either Janetmom and/or Nannette could join us for a little mini-meet. I think split 4 ways, even with the extra adult charge, would be a reasonably "magical" price. I should know more about whether I can get away in December early this summer. I have always wanted to visit Disney during the holiday season and it would be a great time to check out the Boardwalk!!!

:santa:Thatis fantastic!!!:goodvibes

Well well well... I was not there for that meet in August, BUT I would love to get in on a "girls" trip!! I've met natebenma and HockeyMomR and would LOVE to meet Janetmom!! We should really seriously think about this! A meet at the Boardwalk would be awesome! :) Let me know when we start planning! I'm considering a solo trip the end of November into December anyway so a girls trip would fit right in!!

~N

Well well well... I was not there for that meet in August, BUT I would love to get in on a "girls" trip!! I've met natebenma and HockeyMomR and would LOVE to meet Janetmom!! We should really seriously think about this! A meet at the Boardwalk would be awesome! :) Let me know when we start planning! I'm considering a solo trip the end of November into December anyway so a girls trip would fit right in!!

~N

Disney friends make the best friends! :) :goodvibes

I just learned that a friend of mine is going to the Beach Club Villas with her family on Sunday. I'm incredibly jealous!

Teena - I'm sending her your way to say hello. :)

:santa:

That is fantastic!!!

:goodvibes

We certainly did have a great time last August. We need to do this November / December thing at BWI. Would be so much fun!!!

Thanks Couchy!

She was diagnosed 2 years ago at 11 years old. She was drinking a ton of water and getting up to pee at night, two things she never did, and my wife knew something was wrong right away. She has worn the Omnipod the last year and a half, which has been a God send. We tried the CGM for a bit but she is thin and muscular (I wish someone would say that about me!) so it was painful for her when we put it on. She hasn't worn it in a bit but we plan on trying it again soon. She did wear it at the BC last year for our trip and it worked amazingly well.

Like you she is very athletic as well. Plays JV soccer, tennis and basketball for our local high school team (even though she is only in 8th grade) as well as softball in the summer so thankfully her diagnosis isn't holding her back at all. So glad to hear about your doing the same and I passed that on to her. We do the JDRF walk here in Boston each year and she has raised almost $10,000 over the last 2 years so we are giving back in hopes of a cure!! I hear they are close so fingers crossed and many prayers for all of you affected that a cure is in our grasp!

Many blessings and thank you for your inspirational words!

Jay

Glad to hear things are going well for your daughter...Something to think about/ research ... My dr just prescribed me to inhalable insulin for all my boluses and it works so much better. It is instantaneous. No absorption issues. Any questions feel free to PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter