• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very kindly for all forecasts of renovations. I wouldn't want our first stay at Yacht Club to be tarnished by a closed pool or whatnot. Of course, we have expectations that are magical. :genie: Sounds like they may be working on club level during our stay if renovations stay on schedule, but CL is not a workable option for us mainly because we spend very little time at the resort and catching the worthwhile CL hours would take away from park time. As it is, finding time for pool operating hours will be difficult. Frankly, letting someone make my reservations or help of this kind makes me anxious too. I enjoyed reading about all the CL benefits in recent posts, but apart from getting breakfast, it is not for me.

Please add our party of 4 to Be our Guest List, at YC for 8/17-8/23.

Oatmeal is on DD14's list for daily breakfast. What resort QS options are available? We are not doing the dining plan, mostly because we generally break even or lose due to not using all the credits, enjoy snacking, and rarely can finish all the food on the plate for table service. I'm looking for a la cart and not buffet. If we can get a slice of NYstyle cheesecake or chocolate croissant for DD15 at the same place for breakfast, that would be a bonus. Also, fueling up before travel to rope drop is key, so we are looking for YC or BC options.

I love oatmeal for breakfast and I know for sure that we had it at the BC Marketplace. They have a variety of pastries there, but I don't eat them, so I didn't notice what they had. Boardwalk Bakery might be another option for you. It's a 10 minute walk.

We're booked in BC for our 8/13-8/22 trip! So excited about staying so close to the parks. We will be arriving in MCO around 10.30am, and have Hoop Dee Doo dinner reservation at 6.15 pm. I'm thinking about having lunch at Beaches and Cream that day. If I make a reservation for 12.30 pm, do we have time to make it there? Not sure how long DME would take us to BC. Also, how do we get from BC to Hoop Dee Doo? Thanks in advance!
I always budget 2 hours from landing to resort, so you may be cutting it close. If you can move your ADR by a half hour or so, you should be fine. We land at 10 am and have a 1230 B&C ressie :)

Two more weeks until our check in date!! I am beyond excited..... simply can't wait to be at the Beach Club for the first time. Now I am crossing my fingers for good weather during our 21 hour drive......

: o ) @ natebenma. I'll have happy campers in the morning. DD14 enjoys the Disney oatmeal as much as others like the Mickey Waffles. We may have to get the standard oatmeal at BC marketplace (if it is standard there); the steel cut may not cut it for her.

I'm also trying to get lunch at Beaches and Cream on arrival day!

What are opinions for Cape May Dinner Buffet? DD15 can eat shrimp and clams like a longshoreman. Some menus include snow crab legs while others do not. .?

Hello BC/YC Fans!!!!! So excited - we just changed our Easter Weekend reservation for the millionth time and landed at BC CL! Our boys have been interested in mixing it up and spending more time in the MK area after many, many stays at BC and a few at BWI. But I was getting sticker shock over at CR for Easter Weekend and really wanted to get back to the Epcot area again. We need CL for the weekend and there was nothing available at BC with the AP discount . . . until today! The new rooms and new lounge are a big draw, and we're excited to be back!

Dee, please add us to the list April 4-5!! I'm thinking all the missions have been more than accomplished, but I'm happy to look for the answer to even the most obscure questions! Maybe get that CM at the BC Marketplace to ask me what the heck I'm doing again!

Teena, will we see you on Easter morning?

P.S. Also, what's Easter morning without eggs? So miss the Epcot area CL eggs in the morning - no eggs at AKL, GF or Poly last month!

hello everyone... sorry it has been so long

I visited Teena last Sunday 2/22 when DH and I got off the boat (DCL Magic)
Teena was wonderful as always and I really enjoyed catching up with her.

If you are considering a Disney cruise... DO IT. I am not a cruiser but DH and I both agreed we loved this vaca. I barley knew I was on a boat... and we had a very cold day on our second sea day. We spent it watching Big Hero 6 and the just released McFarland. Both were entertaining, I was worried about getting bored but by the end I was begging DH to re-board and do it again He reminded me of our jobs..... blah

On a positive note.... today we welcomed another member to our family.... an Australian Cattle dog.... we have wanted another puppy because our dogs are 8 and 9 ( lifespan of 10 yrs). As soon as I get decent pics I will share but she is beautiful. no name yet so feel free to help us out. DH has ruled out Baymax even though that is what I have been calling her

top names so far:
gracie
jacx
hendricks(henny)
rainie
boo
jessie
sammy
Lexi

HELP

Hello BC/YC Fans!!!!! So excited - we just changed our Easter Weekend reservation for the millionth time and landed at BC CL! Our boys have been interested in mixing it up and spending more time in the MK area after many, many stays at BC and a few at BWI. But I was getting sticker shock over at CR for Easter Weekend and really wanted to get back to the Epcot area again. We need CL for the weekend and there was nothing available at BC with the AP discount . . . until today! The new rooms and new lounge are a big draw, and we're excited to be back!

Dee, please add us to the list April 4-5!! I'm thinking all the missions have been more than accomplished, but I'm happy to look for the answer to even the most obscure questions! Maybe get that CM at the BC Marketplace to ask me what the heck I'm doing again!

Yep ... 9 AM I start. And I'll be fresh off the Disney Fantasy. Jeanne and I are on the Fantasy 3/28-4/4.

If you are considering a Disney cruise... DO IT. I am not a cruiser but DH and I both agreed we loved this vaca. I barley knew I was on a boat... and we had a very cold day on our second sea day. We spent it watching Big Hero 6 and the just released McFarland. Both were entertaining, I was worried about getting bored but by the end I was begging DH to re-board and do it again He reminded me of our jobs..... blah

On a positive note.... today we welcomed another member to our family.... an Australian Cattle dog.... we have wanted another puppy because our dogs are 8 and 9 ( lifespan of 10 yrs). As soon as I get decent pics I will share but she is beautiful. no name yet so feel free to help us out. DH has ruled out Baymax even though that is what I have been calling her

top names so far:
gracie
jacx
hendricks(henny)
rainie
boo
jessie
sammy
Lexi

HELP

I vote for Jessie!!!

page 175-176

Be Our Guest list is updated through page 176.

I've just found a video clip on DHs phone from the Boardwalk. This is so good.

So fun!

:goodvibes:

I'm currently in the process of pricing our October vacation - it will be our 40th anniversary trip (a year after the fact!) so I'd really like to stay at our favorite resort - the Beach Club. We've stayed at BC a few times in the past, and LOVE LOVE LOVE this resort!

In researching the different rooms, I notice that the Deluxe Studio villa is actually a bit less than a Garden View room...

Since I've never stayed in the Villas, could someone give me thoughts on pros and cons of the GV vs. Deluxe Studio?

Thanks!!

:welcome:

I haven't stayed in any of the Disney villas either, so I can't help with a comparison.

In the past, a few people have compared a standard BC room to the BCV studio. Unfortunately, I don't think I captured the comments and I'm not exactly sure of the reasons, but I want to say more people have recommended a standard resort room over the villa.

Let's see if we can get folks to weigh in on this regarding size of space, décor, view possibilities, amenities in room (fridge, coffee maker, safe, microwave?), location, other comments...

Please let us know if you end up booking here.

:)

We're booked in BC for our 8/13-8/22 trip! So excited about staying so close to the parks. We will be arriving in MCO around 10.30am, and have Hoop Dee Doo dinner reservation at 6.15 pm. I'm thinking about having lunch at Beaches and Cream that day. If I make a reservation for 12.30 pm, do we have time to make it there? Not sure how long DME would take us to BC. Also, how do we get from BC to Hoop Dee Doo? Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

As others have said, the timing could be tight, especially if you are planning to check in to your room (and maybe even go there if it is ready) before you eat.

Will you be going to any parks between lunch at Beaches & Cream and dinner at HDD? If so, I would plan to go directly to the restaurant from there.

If you are planning on sticking around the resort, a taxi is a convenient way to get from BC to Hoop Dee Doo and is probably less than $20 plus tip. This would be the quickest method.

What do others suggest for a route using Disney transportation to get there?

:thumbsup2

: o ) @ natebenma. I'll have happy campers in the morning. DD14 enjoys the Disney oatmeal as much as others like the Mickey Waffles. We may have to get the standard oatmeal at BC marketplace (if it is standard there); the steel cut may not cut it for her.

I'm also trying to get lunch at Beaches and Cream on arrival day!

What are opinions for Cape May Dinner Buffet? DD15 can eat shrimp and clams like a longshoreman. Some menus include snow crab legs while others do not. .?

Glad I could help!

There are a few reviews of the Cape May Dinner on the first page of this thread (not too recent, though). I believe that the buffet still has the crab legs every night, but they are now being served to diners instead of placed up on the serving line.

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm this info?

:cool2:

:welcome: back!!!

Almost didn't recognize you with that spiffy new avatar!

I'm so excited to hear this news. I'll add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

There are always missions to complete, so I will let you know what we need!

:scratchin

top names so far:
gracie
jacx
hendricks(henny)
rainie
boo
jessie
sammy
Lexi

HELP

Thanks for checking in with us.

Congrats on the new addition to your family. I don't know if I can weigh in on a name without seeing a picture, but my initial reaction is to agree with Teena on Jessie. Especially if she is a redhead. I also like Lexie.

:dogdance:

Last edited:
U
Aaah... so we think a like, beaches and cream right after we land :). I have not make a ressie yet, but I will try to get 1 pm or after ressie. I dont want to be later than 1pm since we have dinner ressie at 6.15 pm.

Natebenma, thanks for the welcome! Glad to be on the board. I've been lurking disboards for years but didn't have the courage to post :). This will be our 3rd trip to WDW, Yay!! But this time, no DCL, just WDW with longer days staying. The kids probably want to jump into the pool when they see it, so I foresee we go swim after lunch :smooth: If not, I heard Boardwalk is a good area to walk around?
Taxi sounds reasonable. I had a chat with a CM and he/she advised me to take the boat to DHS and then a bus to Fort Wilderness. I guess to go to other resorts, we first have to go to a park then hop a bus to that resort?
Unfortunately there is no direct resort to resort transportation in the World (unless you are at a monorail resort), so you would need to travel to a park or DTD first. Taxis are a lot less painful. :)

Hope you score the B&C ressie. I'm assuming my kids will want to go straight to the pool as well, so may need to forego my dream of devouring the Kitchen Sink that day!

Hi everyone! I'm super excited and have to share where I know people will understand the excitement :) My parents and I are making a short Flower and Garden Festival trip soon and were originally booked at Coronado (which we do love). BUT since we're planning on spending almost all of our time in Epcot- I upgraded us to the Yacht Club as a surprise/thanks for all you do for my parents! I stalked the Passholder discount page for weeks until I finally saw it listed and grabbed it as soon as I saw an opening. I'm trying so hard to keep it a surprise and hoping I can wait to tell them until we get in line for the Magical Express!

So....we've stayed at both Yacht and Beach but not in the last year or so. Anything new or different I should know or look for?

Thanks, Dee! Saw the AP discount on the BC CL standard yesterday and decided to call right away. I'm so glad I did, because the next time I looked at the website, it was no longer available again.

Teena - we'll see you Easter morning! We'll look forward to hearing about your cruise, although we haven't been on the Fantasy yet and you may recall what happened the last time you talked to our boys about a cruise . . . a month later, we booked a cruise. :)

Does anyone know if the Beach Club still hands out the resort newspaper when you check-in? I think it's called the Tide Tribune. I've stayed at POFQ for my last several trips and they no longer have the resort newspaper. On my list trip,
I did not even receive one of the fold up maps which contained info about the resort.

top names so far:
gracie
jacx
hendricks(henny)
rainie
boo
jessie
sammy
Lexi

HELP

Congrats on the new pup - our schnauzer's name is Gracie, so I am partial to that!

:sunny:

Just called CRO to switch our res from YC garden view standard room to BC lagoon /pool view Club Level( very excited about that, it's been a while since we have stayed there).
We arrive this Thursday, and I did ask the reservation cm whether Stormalong Bay work is complete. She said "no notes saying under refurb, so that means they have completed work."
If any one else can confirm this chime in!

Somebody asked about the difference between a room at the Beach Club and a studio at Beach Club Villas.

Here's the info on the BCV studios:

A studio will have 1 queen size bed and 1 double size sleeper sofa. They sleep 4.

If you want more beds, they will not bring you a cot. So if, for example, your son and daughter will not share the sleeper sofa, Disney won't help you. You could try bringing an air mattress from home.

I think I read somewhere that after the refurb, the studios will also have a sleep chair. That means they will sleep 5. But I don't have that in writing.

A studio will have a kitchenette which means wet bar (kitchen sink), small fridge, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker and small counter. There will be paper plates, paper bowls and plastic utensils in the kitchenette cupboards. I think they have real coffee mugs, but I'm not positive.

I think all BCV villas have full balconies (none of the "Juliet" balconies). Unless, of course, you are on the ground floor.

As for views, they're not great at BCV. I just saw a post on this somewhere, so I will edit this if I find more info.

If you book a studio through Disney's Central Reservations Office or online, you will get daily housekeeping. If you book on points, you will not get daily housekeeping.

If you book on points and you are staying for less than 8 nights, you get Trash & Towel Service on Day 4. This includes:
- emptying the trash & replacing the trash bags
- clean towels
- bathroom amenities replaced as needed
- tissues, paper towels & toilet paper replaced
- coffee, sugar, creamers and sweeteners replaced.

If you are staying on points for 8 nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4, and Trash & Towel Service on day 8. Full cleaning involves everything you would get for Trash & Towel Service plus:
- changing the sheets
- vacuuming
- dusting
- cleaning the bathroom
- cleaning the kitchen/kitchenette
- washing the dishes

If you are staying on points and you want additional housekeeping services, you have to pay for it.

There's the BCV info for you. I've never stayed in the Beach Club itself, but Dee probably has the info on that to do a comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter