2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! I booked YC for August and then read reviews and I'm worried I won't like it (reviews said rooms are tired and in need of refurb)

Should I try to switch to beach club? or stop obsessing?

It is so much money I don't want to be dissapointed in the room.
The YC has had that same decor for going on 10 years now. After seeing the new BC decor I'd definitely switch, and ask for a refurbished room

I am just back from the Princess Half Marathon weekend. We ran past Stormalong Bay. I stopped to take a picture and text it to my husband. I am so excited to stay there. I was able to book a bounce back offer to my existing reservation but I had to upgrade to Lagoon / pool view to save money. I am OK with that! We did eat at Captain's Grill this past Saturday. The service was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The waitress was rude, we had to call the manager over many times. We were a group of 20. I did take that place off my list for my family September trip. My flights are booked and my ADRS are in just a few weeks.

The Thursday we leave our flight is at 12:50. Could we hit a park in the morning or what should we plan to do???
That is the last day I can not figure out.

I am so so so so so excited to stay at the Beach Club. We have never stayed deluxe. The last time I was in WDW with my husband and kids was 2012!!! I can not wait!

Last edited:
I am just back from the Princess Half Marathon weekend. We ran past Stormalong Bay. I stopped to take a picture and text it to my husband. I am so excited to stay there. I was able to book a bounce back offer to my existing reservation but I had to upgrade to Lagoon / pool view to save money. I am OK with that! We did eat at Captain's Grill this past Saturday. The service was AWEFUL AWEFUL AWEFUL. The waitress was rude, we had to call the manager over many times. We were a group of 20. I did take that place off my list for my family September trip. My flights are booked and my ADRS are in just a few weeks.

The Thursday we leave our flight is at 12:50. Could we hit a park in the morning or what should we plan to do???

I am so so so so so excited to stay at the Beach Club. We have never stayed deluxe. The last time I was in WDW with my husband and kids was 2012!!! I can not wait!
If you are using ME, you will be picked up around 10 am, so a park is probably out of the question. I'd schedule a nice, leisurely breakfast at one of the resorts if it were me :)

"We did eat at Captain's Grill this past Saturday. The service was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The waitress was rude, we had to call the manager over many times. We were a group of 20."

If I was that waitress I would have run far far away.
She probably thought your party of 20 was awful awful awful, lol.
That is not very nice.
Why would you think that? Because we were a large party of adults not children you would think we would be awful before even serving us? Drinks/ water were never refilled, even after we asked for water, our food took over an hour to get. Several people in our group that opted for the breakfast buffet were done eating before the people that ordered off the menu received our food. We were charged for drink we did not get and when we told the waitress that we did not get them she did not take them off the bill. We had go to the manager again to get them removed. We had to find a manager to get our water refilled.

I am just back from the Princess Half Marathon weekend. We ran past Stormalong Bay. I stopped to take a picture and text it to my husband. I am so excited to stay there. I was able to book a bounce back offer to my existing reservation but I had to upgrade to Lagoon / pool view to save money. I am OK with that! We did eat at Captain's Grill this past Saturday. The service was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The waitress was rude, we had to call the manager over many times. We were a group of 20. I did take that place off my list for my family September trip. My flights are booked and my ADRS are in just a few weeks.

My recommendation is to head over to Boulangerie Patisserie in France for breakfast and to grab some food to eat for lunch at the airport or on the plane. We did this on our last stay and it was such a nice peaceful way to end our trip. France is beautifully empty and quiet so you can have a nice relaxing breakfast and the food is so good that it is one more treat to eat it at the airport while you await your flight.

I am just back from the Princess Half Marathon weekend. We ran past Stormalong Bay. I stopped to take a picture and text it to my husband. I am so excited to stay there. I was able to book a bounce back offer to my existing reservation but I had to upgrade to Lagoon / pool view to save money. I am OK with that!

You will need to arrive at MCO about two hours before scheduled departure, especially if you are returning a rental car. That means you will need to depart resort no later than about 10:15. If the weather is nice, you could either spend time around pool or take a walk. Some businesses on the BoardWalk open before 7:00 in the morning, so you could visit there. The boats start running at 8:00 a.m., so you could also take some leisurely boat rides, from one end to the other and back, again. The only park I would venture to, without worry of having enough time, would be Epcot. The World Showcase does not open till 11:00, but Future World opens at 9:00, if you want to do Soarin' or some of the other popular attractions. I would advise, though, to do FP, even at the early hours, so that you don't waste any time. With it being only about a 5-7 minute walk to/from the International Gateway, you should be able to plan a short visit that morning. The French bakery at Epcot opens at 9:00, if you want to do breakfast there or pick up treats for the flight home.

If you are packed and ready to leave, before venturing out in the morning, I think that some activities are doable.

My recommendation is to head over to Boulangerie Patisserie in France for breakfast and to grab some food to eat for lunch at the airport or on the plane. We did this on our last stay and it was such a nice peaceful way to end our trip. France is beautifully empty and quiet so you can have a nice relaxing breakfast and the food is so good that it is one more treat to eat it at the airport while you await your flight.

You will need to arrive at MCO about two hours before scheduled departure, especially if you are returning a rental car. That means you will need to depart resort no later than about 10:15. If the weather is nice, you could either spend time around pool or take a walk. Some businesses on the BoardWalk open before 7:00 in the morning, so you could visit there. The boats start running at 8:00 a.m., so you could also take some leisurely boat rides, from one end to the other and back, again. The only park I would venture to, without worry of having enough time, would be Epcot. The World Showcase does not open till 11:00, but Future World opens at 9:00, if you want to do Soarin' or some of the other popular attractions. I would advise, though, to do FP, even at the early hours, so that you don't waste any time. With it being only about a 5-7 minute walk to/from the International Gateway, you should be able to plan a short visit that morning. The French bakery at Epcot opens at 9:00, if you want to do breakfast there or pick up treats for the flight home.

If you are packed and ready to leave, before venturing out in the morning, I think that some activities are doable.

Thank you. A quick trip to Epcot sounds like a great idea!

That is not very nice.
Why would you think that? Because we were a large party of adults not children you would think we would be awful before even serving us? Drinks/ water were never refilled, even after we asked for water, our food took over an hour to get. Several people in our group that opted for the breakfast buffet were done eating before the people that ordered off the menu received our food. We were charged for drink we did not get and when we told the waitress that we did not get them she did not take them off the bill. We had go to the manager again to get them removed. We had to find a manager to get our water refilled.

My apologies, it was meant as a joke.
I am sorry your experience there was not as it should be. Perhaps the waitress was overwhelmed, and could have used an extra waitperson to help her with your party.
CG is one of our favorites, and we breakfast there every chance we can.
Their dinners are very nice too.
I would give it another chance!

Wow what a mess the ressie lines are today! Was trying to change our BOG dinner to a lunch. No getting through!

Thanks for the help & map. I'm not sure about where cause (at least at the moment) I'd be happy with any part of BCV. The only thing I have a definite preference for is ground floor cause I don't really like elevators. Are there stairs handy btw? Getting excited now, booked my fastpasses last night, so I'm down to 60 days.

What do they serve in France at breakfast? Do they have any special breakfast pastries/sandwiches? I was thinking of grabbing something quick on check out day. I have an annual pass so it might be neat to go over and grab something quick.

I just finished the last of 2 chocolate croissants purchased yesterday from the Beach Club Marketplace. I now have the uncontrollable urge to run around the Caribbean Beach resort yelling that "I had 2 chocolate croissants and you didn't".

I also had some delicious Clam chowder from the Beach Club Marketplace.

I'm just trying to make everyone hungry.

Thank you that is all.

~NM (That's NINJA Mom in case you are confused)
It worked LOL Belly grumbling.....enjoy!

Wow what a mess the ressie lines are today! Was trying to change our BOG dinner to a lunch. No getting through!

I know that these are two separate phone numbers but today was the first day that (7-month) reservations opened up at the new Poly DVC for DVC members that own at other resorts. Maybe they pulled some customer service folks from other areas to help deal with those calls?

They finally released the Flower & Garden menus today and I am very happy about the return of my favorite slush drink from France, La Vie en Rose. My refillable mug will be put to good use. ;) I can't wait until the April trip. :)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-...tival-outdoor-kitchens-menus-and-food-photos/

Hi - did you figure out what KCW Room Only means? My Orbitz reservation says same thing (on MDE) - for a different resort. Didn't have that when I stayed onsite in January 2015 via Orbitz booking.
Our reservation says that, too. I assume that it is a travel agent code.

I was online trying to get a lunch reservation for my sisters for this Saturday. What a mess. :upsidedow After a tip from someone on the Dis, I was able to get two single person reservations for them. I feel victorious to have gotten that much. ;)

ETA: I was able to get a lunch reservation for all seven of us. Everything opened up in the afternoon.

Thanks for the help & map. I'm not sure about where cause (at least at the moment) I'd be happy with any part of BCV. The only thing I have a definite preference for is ground floor cause I don't really like elevators. Are there stairs handy btw? Getting excited now, booked my fastpasses last night, so I'm down to 60 days.
There are several very convenient staircases that you can use. One of them is right by the BC door by the Marketplace. There have been times when we used the staircases almost exclusively because they were so convenient to our room. :)

Last edited:

I read and heard that yesterday was the day they switched BOG lunch over from FP to true ADR's.
Everyone that wants BOG Restaurant lunch ADR for the next 180 days has been calling/logging in. Yesterday it completely shut down the Disney (MDE) dining reservation system. Not sure if they've recovered yet.
Gotta love Disney IT thinking sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter