2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our first stay at Beach Club! We will be there early March (mid-refurb) but are excited. 2 adults and 2 young kids, water/lagoon view. We will definitely get 2 queen beds right? I had a panic that we would somehow end up with a daybed but maybe that was just in the villas? We booked w Orbitz so I can't really make a bed request easily. If it's definitely 2 queens we are all good! Looking forward to reading through the full thread for tips and ideas!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

How old are the kids? Kids under the age of 3 are not included in the room occupancy count.

However, you should be all set to get a room with 2 Queens. The majority of rooms at the resort have this configuration (some with and without additional daybed). There are a small number of King Bed rooms and these are usually a hot request, so I don't think you would be assigned to one.

When you check in, ask about the bedding configuration before you take the keys. That will give you the opportunity to request a change if you don't end up with a room with 2Q.

:thumbsup2

We just returned from WDW yesterday from our stay at WL. While we were there we stopped by the Beach Club for a really nice visit with Teena. She is so much fun to talk to. :goodvibes Then it was lunch at Crews Cup lounge where DH had his favorite Angus burger and I had my favorite clam chowder. We also returned another night for dinner at Cape May. They have a new procedure for the crab legs. They bring them to you rather than have them on the buffet. It probably cuts down on waste.

We also went to Downtown Disney (DTD) and noticed that the DTD bus now only shares between YC and BC. It no longer shares with all five Epcot resorts like it did last March. And the resort buses now only stop at the Marketplace bus stop. They don't have a stop at the West End right now. I don't know if that is going to change once construction is finished.

I've read Most of the pages of this thread, and its very informative. Staying at BC late April and would love to meet Teena if she doesn't mind strangers seeking her out. I don't want her to think I'm a stalker. I'll be there 4/25-5/3 Thanks

I've read Most of the pages of this thread, and its very informative. Staying at BC late April and would love to meet Teena if she doesn't mind strangers seeking her out. I don't want her to think I'm a stalker. I'll be there 4/25-5/3 Thanks

I'll be working 4/26 and 4/27 and look forward to meeting you!!

I've just passed the 3 month mark. Less than 3 months to go before I'll be checking into BCV. Getting very excited.

We are coming up on our four month mark! I want to eat some beaches and cream ice cream and hit that pool!! Also looking forward to the seven dwarves mine train and the rest of the new fantasyland. We haven't been since everything was completed!

To pass the time for the 5 months I still have to wait, I have been reading and watching videos of our two resorts for our summer vacation - Quick question about BC - I saw mention on some site somewhere that there is a kid's play area in SAB. Is this true? Is it like a splash-area of like a playground? I can't seem to find pictures of it anywhere so I am starting to doubt that it really exists but I figured this was a good place to ask!

Is there a playground at BWI? Are guests staying at a different resort allowed to playground hop? DD4 loved the one at AKL so just curious!

Thanks!

To pass the time for the 5 months I still have to wait, I have been reading and watching videos of our two resorts for our summer vacation - Quick question about BC - I saw mention on some site somewhere that there is a kid's play area in SAB. Is this true? Is it like a splash-area of like a playground? I can't seem to find pictures of it anywhere so I am starting to doubt that it really exists but I figured this was a good place to ask!

Is there a playground at BWI? Are guests staying at a different resort allowed to playground hop? DD4 loved the one at AKL so just curious!

Thanks!

There used to be a playground near SAB, but it has been gone for years. It is still labelled on the excellent "map" of SAB on the front page that skeloosh provided, but I do put a disclaimer beneath that the playground is gone.

I don't think there is anything that prevents guests from using playgrounds at other resorts.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for your quick friendly reply. I don't know where you work at BC. Should I just ask for you at front desk?

Thanks for your quick friendly reply. I don't know where you work at BC. Should I just ask for you at front desk?

I'm the "Captain" in the lobby. So unless I'm on a short break or helping a guest with a problem, I'll be right out in the middle of the lobby. I start at 9 AM and usually go to lunch at 12:45-1:30. Then I leave the lobby for the evening around 5:20 PM.

We are coming up on our four month mark! I want to eat some beaches and cream ice cream and hit that pool!! Also looking forward to the seven dwarves mine train and the rest of the new fantasyland. We haven't been since everything was completed!

Is my first time at BC (stayed at YC before over 20 years ago, but not BC) And have never been to SAB so I'm excited about that also. Not sure about going on the water slide, I've not been on one since I was a teenager (in other words years and years ago lol) I have seen the seven dwarves mine train on my last trip to Disney but it was down for some reason that day (I guess for some mechanical reason cause it wasn't scheduled to be down). I am really looking forward to being up early in the morning when it's nice and quiet and enjoying the area around crescent lake with my coffee before it comes to life. (my quiet time to enjoy the coffee, getting up early isn't everyones idea of a good time on vacation lol but I enjoy that quiet time with a coffee)

There's a couple of sundae's on my list to try from Beaches & Cream! (Does anyone know if you can take one 'to go' or do I have to sit down there like a table service restaurant in order to get one?)

I can't wait to to ride the slide either! The last waterslide I rode was at Blizzard Beach in 2009...the family tube ride, I think. Morning time is the best! I jog a lot and am really looking forward to my runs around Crescent Lake with my Disney playlist rockin'!!

I'm pretty sure there is a takeout counter at Beaches & Cream where you can order most of the sundaes...except the Kitchen Sink. Others will chime in here and know the answer for sure. Beaches & Cream is our dinner on arrival day! Can't wait!

I'm the "Captain" in the lobby. So unless I'm on a short break or helping a guest with a problem, I'll be right out in the middle of the lobby. I start at 9 AM and usually go to lunch at 12:45-1:30. Then I leave the lobby for the evening around 5:20 PM.

We can't wait to meet you, Teena! We'll be there from June 6 - 18th. We'll try to keep our problems to a minimum...hopefully there won't be any!

We can't wait to meet you, Teena! We'll be there from June 6 - 18th. We'll try to keep our problems to a minimum...hopefully there won't be any!

I should be there the 7th and 8th of June and the 14th and 15th. You have such a nice long trip. It's so nice in the summer to be able to spend the hottest part of the day at SAB and then hit the parks early in AM and later in the evening. When you are there for such a long stay, you don't have to rush and spend all day at the parks in that summer heat. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful vacation!!! Jeanne and Lily arrive on June 26th and are staying almost a month. I'll be off most of that time they are here ... we have a week at Anna Maria Island planned and five nights at the Cabins and of course daily trips from the house to the parks. We try to be at the parks in the summer when they open and head back out of the heat around Noon.

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but thought I would start here. We are DVC owners and usually stay at AKL but my husband has a conference at Yacht Club so we are going do a surprise trip for our boys and tag along! I booked our first night through Disney but the rest of the trip was booked through the convention site. Does anyone know if we are going to be able to link that reservation to MDE? I am going to buy annual passes through DVC but we won't trade in the voucher until we are there. Any help is appreciated!

I should be there the 7th and 8th of June and the 14th and 15th. You have such a nice long trip. It's so nice in the summer to be able to spend the hottest part of the day at SAB and then hit the parks early in AM and later in the evening. When you are there for such a long stay, you don't have to rush and spend all day at the parks in that summer heat. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful vacation!!!

We haven't been to WDW as a family since 2009 (I had a couple quick trips to Orlando for work in 2010 and 2011...doing WDW solo was interesting, but fun!) and before that it was 2004 so we usually do long trips because we just don't know when we'll get the opportunity to come back. We are Californians and so Disneyland is "home" for us, we've also been to the parks in Tokyo which I recommend every Disney fan do at least once in their lifetime. They are amazing!

We are getting a 10 day ticket with the water park and hopper option...so yes, we'll be able to tour at a leisurely pace...hit the parks in the AM, do some magic hours and spend the afternoons at the pool or a water park. We'll also be able to hit all the must see places at BC and YC plus eat at some of the resort restaurants (we have reservations at Whispering Canyon, Sanaa and 'Ohana). It's my daughter's 16th bday and so we are kinda splurging a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter