2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, so what you are saying is that the whole floor may not be ready by late January but some of the rooms on the 4th floor may be and it is possible they will open a partial floor?

We will arrive early morning (8am)...do you recommend doing online checkin or just doing regular check in? Do I have a better chance of getting a renovated room if I skip the online check-in. Thanks all for the great advice!

The rooms are assigned ahead of time. If you put a room request on your reservation then the room assigners will be able to see it when they are doing the assignments. When I've called in to check on my reservation the CM's have told me that they can see both my called in room requests and the online room requests. So make sure you put in your room request and that will give you the best chance of getting it. :)

Online check in has the benefit of telling the staff your arrival time. We've had our room ready for us when we've arrived, or ready within 20 minutes, whenever we've done online check in. Online registration also speeds up the check in time, since they have all your information ready for you when you arrive. :)

any update on the Concierge Level...? Anyone stay on the 5th floor yet? We arrive in 9 days...

any update on the Concierge Level...? Anyone stay on the 5th floor yet? We arrive in 9 days...

Yes- Concierge Level is open and guests were checked in starting last week (Monday?). Page 1 lists all the lastest news, including the reopening of the 5th floor. Pictures of the refurbished areas start on Page 129 of this thread or you can use the links on the first post on Page 1.

:)

I ordered a Sunken Treasure and she called me an "old timer". I think the folks on this Board are getting a reputation around there.

Katesdad

That is too funny. :goodvibes

Did I say I love this place?

LOL. I loved it there, too. I think my husband would, too, if I could convince him to stay somewhere besides the AKL.

We put up our tree today and I started to get out all our ornaments. I think the monorail we have to put around the tree will have to wait at least another year because Aria will probably destroy it.

As you have seen in recent posts, HockeyMomR (Rebecca) and her husband are at the Beach Club/Disney right now to celebrate their 25th anniversary.

She sent me some great pictures that I would like to share with you

Club Level reception area

Club Level Christmas Tree

Back Entrance

Still having a great stay at the CL at the BC. Had a few hiccups but they have been resolved. Club level staff has been great and it was so nice to visit with Teena today!

Still having a great stay at the CL at the BC. Had a few hiccups but they have been resolved. Club level staff has been great and it was so nice to visit with Teena today!

Thank you so much vettegirl for taking us along on your ride!

Good Morning Everyone, been several months since my last post but I am back down just to 2 weeks til we leave and 15 days til we check in to CL, and from the pics which I am not going to tell anyone about they will be shocked and most likely me still when we head back upstairs , happy to see the CL got updated and can not wait to be back down in the World

Lots of fantastic posts since I last logged in here! Thanks for all the great pics and tips! We hit our 180 day out mark today and I was up before 6am to get our dining reservations all scheduled. Had the laptop and the iMac fired up and ready to go! My daughter, who is turning 16 during our trip, had one request: book the crystal palace breakfast before MK opening on her bday. We got an 8:15 slot and luckily no morning Magic hours on that day! Yay! We should have at least 20 minutes of a fairly empty Main Street and hub to take pictures in. She got a new camera and wanted this opportunity to try it out. Im curious if others had this opportunity and what it was like for them.

Well, can't wait to experience BC and the club level in six months!!!

35 days until we check into BCV. We are definitely looking forward to staying here and being close to Epcot.
Hopefully we fall in love with it, like we did with WL so that we can have another 'home' :)

Subbing as we just booked our first YC stay for next May. Quick SWW trip, so proximity to HS was a must. :) Kids are super excited for the pool, too! We have always stayed at a monorail resort, so looking forward to checking out the other side of the World!!

Lots of fantastic posts since I last logged in here! Thanks for all the great pics and tips! We hit our 180 day out mark today and I was up before 6am to get our dining reservations all scheduled. Had the laptop and the iMac fired up and ready to go! My daughter, who is turning 16 during our trip, had one request: book the crystal palace breakfast before MK opening on her bday. We got an 8:15 slot and luckily no morning Magic hours on that day! Yay! We should have at least 20 minutes of a fairly empty Main Street and hub to take pictures in. She got a new camera and wanted this opportunity to try it out. Im curious if others had this opportunity and what it was like for them. Well, can't wait to experience BC and the club level in six months!!!
Congrats!! We have scheduled early morning CP breakfasts on our last 2 trips for this exact reason....I love the empty park in the morning! However, I will caution you that it may not be as "empty" as you expect. The first time we did this (April 2013) we had an 8:05 ADR and the park was literally EMPTY! I have a photo of Main Street and you cannot see a soul all the way down to the castle. It was AMAZING! Thankfully we found another family around the hub willing to take our picture, because there weren't even PP photographers out. (Now, it was also raining pretty hard that morning, which may also have something to do with this.)

When we were there this past October, also with an 8:05 ADR, PP photographers were set up all the way down Main Street already. We were able to get several family shots from several points down the street, which was nice, but the photographers and their ropes "cluttered" up the photo if you're looking for a shot down an empty Main Street. However, the hub will be deserted from the partners statue on, and we got some amazing shots of the kids in front of the castle, and just the castle itself. It's still an amazing thing to be in a nearly empty park. Enjoy!!

Wow, love the newly remodeled rooms. If it's any indication from the reaction of the family to those photos it looks like we'll be booking our stay for the Beach Club again for next fall soon - is there an anticipated schedule for completing all the floors, knowing it could change obviously? I wonder what they do with all the all furniture, fixtures, lamps, etc when they remodel the rooms? I know some of the items aren't in the best shape but wouldn't it be great if they had a website where you could purchase those *slightly used* items yourself!?
When they started the Poly remodel, Tikiman had a link on his page to purchase some of the old decor - not sure if they do this for every resort, but bet you could find something with a bit of searching :)

HockeyMomR has sent me a lot of great pictures over the past few days, but this morning I received a few that REALLY excite me!

New room safes (Look, Ma, No Key!)

17" x 14" x 5"

And it is good to know that somebody else travels with measuring tape!

The room refrigerators are also new, even though they were just replaced for safety reasons in the summer of 2013.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

Guest Lists:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

WendyWuWu Nov 28-Dec 6 YC
pink5683 Nov 29-Dec 6 YC CL
Noreaster15 Nov 30-Dec 8 BC

December :santa:

disneybounddd Dec BC CL
Doylemom22 Dec BC
wareagle57 Dec ??
PTSMickey Dec BCV
princessfansmom Dec YC
katyj26 Dec 3-10 BC changed to BWI CL

libinatorsmom Dec BC
FireflyFi Dec 2-12 BC
vettegirl Dec 3-9 BC CL
michyi Dec 5-10 BC
wdwfanva Dec 5-13 BC
HockeyMomR Dec 5-10 BC GV (25th Anniversary :love: All BC/All the time!)
penguinkimberly Dec 6-11 BC (Honeymoon)
CaliTex Dec 9-12 BC CL Deluxe (split w/WL)
MaryLovesPoohBear Dec 14-19 BCV studio
ashleyrm Dec 15-18 YC GV (30th anniversary)
DummbGiRL Dec 15-22 BCV
xjay Dec 17-21 YC GV
MarinaD Dec 17-23 BC CL
anne0866 Dec 17-26 BC CL WV
VFG Dec 19-24 BC SV
dddisrunner Dec 20-30 BC
miked0292 Dec 23-27 BC CL
diskids2 Dec 23-Jan 1 BC
incrediblemom Dec 23-Jan 2 BC
Weluvdizney2 Dec 24-Jan 1 BC
EGHopeful Dec 27-30 BC (after cruise)

January :cold:

NJDorioles Jan 2015 YC
Mr and Mrs Duck Jan 2015 BCV
sarbah77 Jan YC (celebrating 15th anniversary)
Manda Jan YC
Babsy? Jan 2015

roomthreeseventeen Jan 4-13 BC Dopey Challenge
RD-Sox Jan 6-13 BC/YC
MickeyT and Family Jan 8-12 BCV (then VGF Jan 12-16 Marathon Weekend #7) Good luck Mike in the 10K and Marathon! :cheer2:
WDWFan06 Jan 8-12 YC (Marathon Weekend)
focusondisney Jan 9-12 YC CL Deluxe (DH BD)
bryana Jan 10-13 BC LV (Marathon Weekend)
JnKinVA Jan 12-16 BCV
figmentedfollies Jan 17-25 BC
EmilieK Jan 17-Feb 2 BCV (girls trip)
Volne Jan 19-25 BC
Roccosmom Jan 22-29 BCV
deezeealum Jan 24-31 BC CL
rosiegmendez last week in Jan (4 nights, after GF)
zela02 Jan 27-Feb 3 BC
eiramenna Jan 29-Feb 2 BC (the big five-ohhhhhhh)
katyj26 Jan 29-Feb 6 YC GV
smellyia Jan 30-Feb 3 YC CL SV (split with GF)
DisneyFEB2013 Jan 30-Feb 8 BC CL
lizhall end of Jan/early Feb ??
wishes114 late Jan/early Feb BC CL
inerror late Jan/early Feb 8 nights, BC or YC

February:love:

maa Feb 2015 BC (Princess Half-Marathon)
UrsulatheSeaWitch Feb 2015

Spoisal Feb 1-5 YC CL SV
Nannette Feb 1-9 YC CL "Celebration of Life"
cgulls Feb 15-21 YC (after 1 night HRH at US)
Physics Guy Feb 15-20 BCV
mieuxmew Feb 18-24 YC (Princess Half Marathon, conference, no kids)
cleophus12 Feb 19-23 BCV (Princess 5K)
runDisneyNut Feb 19-24 BC (Princess Half, with sorority sisters and families)
renes Feb 19-26 YC (DGS 5th BD)
susall Feb 19-March 6 BC (Disney Princess Run GSC)
HBGdancermom Feb 21-24 YC CL (Princess Half, 2 rooms)
pld5 Feb 21-27 BC CL
saintsfanshelly Feb 22-27 YC
iScrap Feb 28-March 6 BCV
clambert Feb 28-March 7 BC

March :shamrock:

mermaid&cinderella March ??
1nfrequent March BC
defendthehill March 8 nights

barbeml March 1-5 YC (then 3 nights Royal Pacific at US)
susall March 1-6 BC
gometros March 4-9 BCV
dwdeb March 5-15 YC
Texasfan March 13-15 YC
LindyWebb March 14-21 BC GV
littlecindy March 14-21 YC
rcraw45425 March 23-26 BC GV
Princess Clayre March 24-April 7 YC
Momtomouselover late March BC CL

April :umbrella:

Abow75 April 4-10 BC GV
Wood Nymph April 15-21 YC GV
Bellabully April 15-25 BCV
INPartyof5 April 19-27 BC (13th Anniversary)
JVig April 20-26 BC
ursalita April 21-27 YC
NWT April 22-27 BC (25th Anniversary Celebration: Royal Pacific/Panama Canal Cruise/Disneyland Hotel)
Retro Magic April 22-28 BCV studio (after AKL)
Susan121302 April 25-28 BC (after cruise)
LMO429 April 26-May 3 YC
Sorrel April 29-May 13 YC
Calle&Jakesmom late April BCV
mickdeb last week of April BC?
Travellerman April 29-May 2 BCV (split with BC or YC)

May :flower3:

Alli76 May YC
coley444 May
disneydee6 May YC CL
robinbutterfly May BC (split with GF)
MOM POPPINS May BC or BCV???
msmama May

ready2vacation May 1-9 BC CL
busymommy2pink May 5-16 2015 YC
Vaninou May 13-23 2015 BC CL Deluxe
msmama mid-May BC CL
lillyshula May 16-21 YC GV
Adlergray May 20-24 BC CL (then Poly 5/24-27)
robinbutterfly May 25-30 BC
MickeyEars May 25-June 3 YC
TDluvsDaisy May 30-June 13 BCV (8 nights studio, 6 nights 1 BR)

June :cool2:

kgoodb00 June BC
OnSpaceshipEarth June BC
JCTurner June YC 15 nights
TIME2DISNEY June ??
HawgPharm June BC?
39Cinderella June BC or BCV?
Sandy321 June BCV
natebenma June 9-13, All Star Movies, 8th grade Class Trip

ichabody June 6-18 BC CL
em36 June 12-19 YC CL LV
mikec442 June 13-21 YC
Susiec June 16-26 YC GV (DH 50th BD, new career celebration)
dandydad12 June 20-July 5 BC
disny_luvr June 27-30 BC (before Poly)

July :beach:

Loch Lomond July BC
IHRTWDW July 6-20 BC
vyrg July 9-20 YC
Ferrentinos July 11-14 YC (after cruise)
izzylovesmickey July 17-26 BC CL LV (DD 21st BD, DS 19 BD)
njmom76 July 29-Aug 11 BC

Aug :sunny:

PrincessHannahsmum Aug BC GV (2 weeks, DD 11BD)
MrsB76 Aug 7-21 BC GV
Princess Michelle Aug 11-22 BC
debbiebee Aug 13-27 which resort? (DH 40th BD)
MagicalMerida Aug 14-28, 2015 YC
wdwlver Aug 15-23 BCV
Disneylover99 Aug 16-20 BC
tarak Aug 16-23 BC
darrenf67 Aug 17-26 BC (from Australia)
ScottMC and JNPants Aug 19-24 BC (after Poly 8/14-8/19)
jakeybake Aug 20-27 BC GV
WDW4us2006 Aug 21-26 BC (25th Anniversary)
Madame Aug 21-28 BC
Sunshine11 Aug 21-29 YC
goofy78 Aug 22-27 BC (then Dark Side)
kayakstef Aug 22-Sept 1 YC
mi*vida*loca Aug 27-Sept 5 BC
kcpinwdw Aug 28-Sept 1 BC (part of split stay)
tink228 Aug 28-Sept 5 YC
rramsr Aug 29-Sept 6

Sept:teacher:

sunfun94 Sept BC
cantwaitvaca09 Sept BC CL
Mewissy Sept BC

cristen72 Sept 2-6 BC (20th Anniversary- no kids)
drgnfly30 Sept 6-12 YC
nadira36 Sept 11-25 BC CL
mcurrence Sept 12-14 (before Dream cruise, MNSSHP)
E&As Mom Sept 12-20 YC
nat8199 Sept 19-26? YC GV
Christine9125 Sept 19-25 2015 BC CL (BF's first trip)
mymankeith Sept 22-28 BCV
KatrinfromGermany Sept 25-Oct 2 BC
maryandtyson Sept 26-Oct 3 BC

October :hmghost:

MEK Oct 2015 BCV (3 night following cruise)
Jacqui Oct 2015 BC (50th BD)
goodeats Oct 2015 BC
1 Disney Fan Oct 2015 BC (maybe)
bath1960 Oct BC CL Deluxe

KatrinfromGermany Sept 25-Oct 2 BC or not BC? That is the question...
Lalabubbles Oct 15-27 BC GV (10 year anniversary, DD 9th BD)
Hopefully Oct 17-24 BCV 1BR (F&W)
mommyrosa2 Oct 18-24 BC CL (30th Anniversary)
caseystigger Oct 22-27 BC CL (Girls Only!)

Nov :cheer2:

kimmy85 Nov 2015

Sam33 Nov 11-18 YC
Redsox15fan Nov 14-21 BC GV
ClareH37 Nov 30-Dec 10 BC CL LV

Dec :santa:

ready2vacation Dec 4-12 BC CL
cocoabean1 Dec 6-15 ?? BC CL WV
Katesdad Dec 11-17 BC GV

sarahb74 2016 BC
HumblePie Jan 2016 BC (Big BD celebration)
sydneysmom June 2016

Last edited Dec 6 page 133

strawberrylilacs Feb 12-21 at BC (we have 3 3generation birthdays)

Joining in.....5 months to my son's wedding...we are staying at the Beach Club....our 2nd time there....it has been along time since our last trip....I forgot how to do ticker....can I do it on my iPad ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter