2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to BC CL..... December 17 - 23rd, we are super excited.... WOOT WOOT!!! Praying that all of the construction as it relates to the CL floors are fixed.. please add me to the list!

Dee, Happy Birthday!

I'll definitely add my pics to the room view thread, no problem.

Between this thread and the GF info thread, I've spoken to some of the nicest people!

I've just convinced DH that a long F&WF weekend at the YC will become an annual thing for us! We had such a great time. And for the graduation trip I was secretly planning for DD in a couple of years, what was a GF stay is now a split stay GF/YC, in my mind at least! ;) since I'm the vacation planner around here, I will make it happen...so excited about that!

By the way, DH was so impressed with my knowledge of that secret YC exit...anyone else have trouble getting in at times? Some mornings there was a washcloth wedged in the door to keep it from locking. That seemed unsafe at night, though...

:sunny:

Can anyone help me with a room request for YC GV? I don't have many "must-haves", just don't like bottom floors. :)

We are a family of 5 with kids ages 15, 6, 4.

Suggestions?

Also, our 4 yr old is a busy boy and will actually be 5 in December. I am not sure if we should bring a stroller or not? I have had one for so many years, I am scared to let it go. We aren't doing full days at the park, since we are there 9 nights. Everyday will have plenty of down time. What do ya'll think?

Dee,

The gang and I wish you the most magical birthday.

Animated-Happy-Birthday-Greetings-3.gif
]

I want to add my thanks, too, for taking such good care of us here!
Boy...you must have lots of patience. :)

Can anyone help me with a room request for YC GV? I don't have many "must-haves", just don't like bottom floors. :)

Suggestions?

Also, our 4 yr old is a busy boy and will actually be 5 in December. I am not sure if we should bring a stroller or not? I have had one for so many years, I am scared to let it go. We aren't doing full days at the park, since we are there 9 nights. Everyday will have plenty of down time. What do ya'll think?

We were at WDW last week with our five year old grandson. We only used a stroller in the parks at night, not in the morning. He never complained or refused to ride in the stroller at night. It is a lot of walking, especially at Epcot and DHS, and the kids get tired. :) It was great to have the stroller when we were in the World Showcase during Food and Wine. He was protected from the huge crowds and it was a whole lot easier to get him out of the parks at night when he rode in the stroller.

Best place to go for an early morning cup of coffee? I'm anticipating lots of early morning walks with DD, and thought the BW bakery would be a great place, but I noticed they don't open until 8. Is there coffee earlier than 8 anywhere?

BW bakery opens at 6:30, I was there that early Monday thanks to the world's loudest throat clearer in the room next door.

They only do a section at a time and all noise work is done between 10 AM and 4 PM when people are at the pool or parks. Unless you are around the resort in between those hours, I doubt you will even know it is going on.

I know when I was staying at Pop Century in the middle of October I could not in fact hear any of the Beach Club construction from my room at Pop. I am a very light sleeper (VERY Light!) and with my giant floppy ears I would be sure to hear the slightest renovation kerfuffle at this wonderful Epcot area resort.

~NM

Can anyone help me with a room request for YC GV? I don't have many "must-haves", just don't like bottom floors. :) We are a family of 5 with kids ages 15, 6, 4. Suggestions? Also, our 4 yr old is a busy boy and will actually be 5 in December. I am not sure if we should bring a stroller or not? I have had one for so many years, I am scared to let it go. We aren't doing full days at the park, since we are there 9 nights. Everyday will have plenty of down time. What do ya'll think?

I would definitely bring a stroller. You will walk many many miles in a day. If you have a higher quality umbrella stroller that's what i would use. Easy to fold up getting on the bus.

I would definitely bring a stroller. You will walk many many miles in a day. If you have a higher quality umbrella stroller that's what i would use. Easy to fold up getting on the bus.

I agree.. I kept my stroller for years longer than she really needed it because she would pass out while walking around. It was great, she would fall asleep and I would hop the monorail to Epcot!

She was the only 6 year old in a stroller! Lol

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!

I had a very nice day. At work, my manager Arleen gave me flowers (a gorgeous BOO-quet) and I was there for the arrival of our new horse Sukey. A friend took me to lunch. Mark and I went out with Ben and his friends for what is probably his final Trick or Treat. And on Monday night, a group of my girlfriends are taking me out for a drink or two. I'm really looking forward to that!

party:

Well. Well. Well. It's Halloween!

That means a few different things. Candy. Costumes. And Happy Birthday Dee!

:bday:And Thanks from all of us for all you do:bday:

Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words and the fancy birthday wishes, my friend.

:goodvibes

Thanks Dee! Docotors visit this morning was very encouraging, so keeping our fingers crossed!

:hug:

Happy Birthday Dee.

Thank you!!!

:)

A Halloween Birthday-- how fun!!! Happy Birthday to Dee!!!

Almost* everyone remembers my birthday and there is always a lot of celebration and fun to be found.

* One year a very special person in my life forgot to wish me HB. When he came home early for Halloween to ToT with the kids, he saw the flowers a friend had sent me. He asked what they were for. I said

"My birthday. It falls on Halloween this year!"

:flower3:

Dee, Happy Birthday!

Thank you so much!

:thumbsup2

:bday: Happy Birthday, Dee!! Hope you have a hauntingly magical birthday!! :bday:

Thanks!

:hug:

Dee,

The gang and I wish you the most magical birthday.

Animated-Happy-Birthday-Greetings-3.gif
]

I want to add my thanks, too, for taking such good care of us here!
Boy...you must have lots of patience. :)

Thank you! What a sweet message. :cloud9:

I really do. One of my better qualities.

Happy birthday Dee! Hope it is magical!! Thanks for everything you do for us in here!

Thank you and you are welcome!

:cheer2:

Happy birthday Dee!

Thanks!

Happy Birthday Mistress of the thread!

15674191731_6dc5aece9e_z.jpg

~NM

Love it- one of my favorite pictures. Just awesome!

Thanks!

:maleficen

party::bday:party: happy birthday Dee!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

page 93-95

Yes just next year. Thanks :thumbsup2

Got it!

Hi can you remove me from the be our guest list please. A change of plan has us staying CL at AKL instead

Will do. Have a fantastic trip!

Heading to BC CL..... December 17 - 23rd, we are super excited.... WOOT WOOT!!! Praying that all of the construction as it relates to the CL floors are fixed.. please add me to the list!

:welcome: back!

I'm happy to add you to the list.

:cool1:

I'll definitely add my pics to the room view thread, no problem.

Ok, I added my photos, but you may want to add a direct link to the water view post.

Thank you for doing that. Yes, I will any of the links I need to for new sets of pictures.

Between this thread and the GF info thread, I've spoken to some of the nicest people!

I've just convinced DH that a long F&WF weekend at the YC will become an annual thing for us! We had such a great time. And for the graduation trip I was secretly planning for DD in a couple of years, what was a GF stay is now a split stay GF/YC, in my mind at least! ;) since I'm the vacation planner around here, I will make it happen...so excited about that!

By the way, DH was so impressed with my knowledge of that secret YC exit...anyone else have trouble getting in at times? Some mornings there was a washcloth wedged in the door to keep it from locking. That seemed unsafe at night, though...

I'm glad to hear that you have had positive experiences on this thread and the GF one. I honestly don't understand the motivation some people have to be so critical. I think it is possible to provide information in a friendly and fun way, without any (well, much) snark.

I'll be interested in hearing if others have experienced problems using magic bands to get in through the YC secret entrance after hours.

Suggestions?

The two main GV views I know about are the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard view, by the lighthouse, which has excellent people watching opportunities. Rooms with this view are pretty centrally located since they are close to the lobby area.

The other GV view that people seem to love is the wedding gazebo.

::yes::

I agree.. I kept my stroller for years longer than she really needed it because she would pass out while walking around. It was great, she would fall asleep and I would hop the monorail to Epcot!

She was the only 6 year old in a stroller! Lol

You are never too old for a stroller. This is one of my favorite pictures of my best friend's husband after an exhausting Disney Day.

Are pack n' plays in the room or will we need to request one?

I have never seen one in a regular Beach Club Resort room. Not sure if they come standard in the villa rooms.

Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter