2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I am just about to book our WDW vacation in September 2015, but can't decide if I should pick the Yacht or the Beach Club.

Personally, I lean towards Beach Club, but I am concerned about refurbishments/renovations. Do you know if these will be completed by the end of September 2015?

oh, sorry. I have just realized that this question has been asked before.
but I am still not sure what to do: Take Beach Club with the risk of stressfull refurbishments or Yacht Club????

So excited! We've booked for next Aug (7-21) in GV room. It's our first time to WDW, not looking forward to the long flight from the UK but It's gonna be a fabulous amazing experience for me and my family! Love reading all the posts about Beach Club Resort, wanna be there NOW!!!!

Welcome to the best thread on these boards :cool1:

Yes, its a long flight from the UK, but once you arrive at Disney, you forget all about it!

Hi!

I am just about to book our WDW vacation in September 2015, but can't decide if I should pick the Yacht or the Beach Club.

Personally, I lean towards Beach Club, but I am concerned about refurbishments/renovations. Do you know if these will be completed by the end of September 2015?

but I am still not sure what to do: Take Beach Club with the risk of stressfull refurbishments or Yacht Club????

Yacht is quieter with less kids running around. Beach has prettier decor in my opinion, but one look at the lobby with kids shouting and running all over (it was always so crowded) and I was SO happy I chose to stay on the quieter side. If you have small children Beach might be better, but if you are only going with adults or prefer a less hectic lobby area then Yacht works better.

Hi!

:welcome: to this thread!

Once you decide which resort, let us know and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

There are some thoughtful comments in the next post. I also wanted to let you know that almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have a full balcony but only about 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club do. So if that is an important feature for you, along with the possibility of the refurbishment, that may point you toward the YC.

:goodvibes

Yacht is quieter with less kids running around. Beach has prettier decor in my opinion, but one look at the lobby with kids shouting and running all over (it was always so crowded) and I was SO happy I chose to stay on the quieter side. If you have small children Beach might be better, but if you are only going with adults or prefer a less hectic lobby area then Yacht works better.

Thanks for your input.

:thumbsup2

I have finally posted my review with pictures in the Yacht Club room view thread. Here is a copy of my post.

YC Room 1148
Garden view, king bed, first floor
Sept 2014

This room is as close to the lobby as you can get, located in the wing on your left as you walk into the lobby from the lake side. The room was just a few steps from the elevator. It had an outside wall and because there were only 13 rooms on this floor in this wing, we rarely heard anyone in the hall. It was a very quiet room.

We loved the location of this room. It was super fast to get out the door to anywhere. The only bad thing was that because it was a ground floor room and because they were experiencing one of the rainiest Septembers in Orlando, the room smelled mildewy. Since we were only staying four nights, and because we loved the location, we decided to stay there rather than ask for a new room.

566_zps460ddd4e.jpg

563_zpse933508a.jpg
552_zpsbca14e6a.jpg

553_zps085b61b7.jpg

554_zps1bb10dc3.jpg

555_zpsd746b847.jpg
561_zps284527e9.jpg

IMG_1642_zpsad0e1542.jpg

IMG_1643_zps25fd9c5f.jpg

This is the view of the room from outside. As you can see, it is an end room.

Here are some views from the room:

557_zpsaab09279.jpg
The windows in the building just to the right are the windows of the gift shop.

564_zpse8df1d8a.jpg

The wedding gazebo was just outside the room.

565_zps12e6cff8.jpg

You can just barely see Crescent Lake, but you have to step off the patio and into the bushes to see this view.

The big bush partially shielded the room from people across the courtyard. But people walking through the hallway could look out the hallway window and see us sitting there. I liked the patio and we enjoyed a few morning cups of coffee out there.

The room was also very clean. It looked like it had recently been refreshed. The wallpaper was clean and looked like it wasn't too old. The carpet was spotless, probably because it had been washed many times to try to get rid of the mildew. And the fabric on the chairs and ottoman was clean. It was kind of funny to see new fabric on the desk chair that needed to be repainted. The furniture definitely needs to be replaced.

Thanks a lot for this info! It's only me and my boyfriend on this trip. We really like children and we are hard to bother, but crowds and too much screaming all over could be an issue.

But, on the other hand, I really like the idea of having a "beach" in front of the hotel, what argues in favor of the Beach Club. And, it was the hotel I was staying with my parents more than 15 year ago!

Hmm, difficult decision...

:welcome: to this thread!

Once you decide which resort, let us know and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

There are some thoughtful comments in the next post. I also wanted to let you know that almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have a full balcony but only about 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club do. So if that is an important feature for you, along with the possibility of the refurbishment, that may point you toward the YC.

Thanks for your welcome!
The balcony-question is something I really have to consider - I am quite sure my boyfriend is keen having a full balcony!

Thank you to the person who posted pictures of the new lounge -- the food and beverage area looks great! What I'm wondering, though, is how much seating was added (5 tables/10 tables/couches, etc.). Would love to hear from people who have seen the new lounge regarding this aspect.

Also, any word about possibly adding daybeds to each room? BC has long been our favorite Disney resort, but last trip (July 2014) was difficult due to adding a cot and disrupting our entire room. We are only a family of 4, but our 2 kids are getting older/bigger and we do need the additional daybed. Poly and CR are no-brainers for us in that regard because we don't have to worry about sleep since all rooms have daybeds, but we love the BC so, so much and really wish they'd take this opportunity during refurb to add the daybeds.

Im excited. Travel tomorrow. Any pics of the new lounge?

okay, just realized I could view the flicker once I was signed in....

I'm sure that Teena will be able to confirm tomorrow, but when we checked in 2 days ago, 2 different CMs said that room renovations start Sunday (tomorrow).
We've been having a great time so far. Taking things at a much easier pace with the baby here an the 2 "big" kids waking up at exactly 5:25 every morning

Thank you to the person who posted pictures of the new lounge -- the food and beverage area looks great! What I'm wondering, though, is how much seating was added (5 tables/10 tables/couches, etc.). Would love to hear from people who have seen the new lounge regarding this aspect.

Also, any word about possibly adding daybeds to each room? BC has long been our favorite Disney resort, but last trip (July 2014) was difficult due to adding a cot and disrupting our entire room. We are only a family of 4, but our 2 kids are getting older/bigger and we do need the additional daybed. Poly and CR are no-brainers for us in that regard because we don't have to worry about sleep since all rooms have daybeds, but we love the BC so, so much and really wish they'd take this opportunity during refurb to add the daybeds.

According to gerberdaisy1234, who originally posted the pictures on the CL thread, there were about 15 tables, 3 TVs and a little sitting area with chairs.

I haven't heard anything about daybeds- either that they are adding more or the number is staying the same. I think one issue is that the rooms at the Beach Club are different sizes- some actually won't fit a daybed unless other furniture is removed.

:)

Ninja Mom's recipe for removing that mildewy smell in ANY Disney property hotel rooms. (boy that was a mouthful!)

First of all I suspect that when the Air conditioner is turned off the humidity creeps up and that mildew smell becomes active. This (un) official scientific theory originated from The Ninja Mom test labs which conducted extensive studies last August.

We turned on the AC and we called Housekeeping. They promptly arrived and sprayed the room with some magical, "Febreeze" like spray that magically took the smell away.

When we went to our room it was quite evident that the AC had been off for awhile as the room was very warm. Ninja Mom's zodiac sign is "Keep refrigerated" so I hustled over to the thermostat and put that compressor to work!

While we are at it can we talk about how Kick Asp wonderful the housekeeping department is at the Beach Club. I have been nothing short of impressed at their maximum efficiency and their quick and complete responsiveness every single time I have made a request for their assistance! AND this is over 3 different stays at this resort. I really think that Housekeeping is the heart of any hotel and the housekeeping department at the Beach Club is pure gold IMHO!

Here is your housekeeping tip for the day: When you know what your plans are for the day, CALL the housekeeping department and let them know when you will be out of the room and when you will return. Ask if they can have your room made up during your absence. Sometimes they can and sometimes it might not work out but it is still worth a try! The best time to make a call like this is before 9 am.

We always go through a mental check list when we leave the room for the parks. We ask if everybody has their magic band, their phones and other relevant supplies like a poncho if needed. I make a mental note to call housekeeping as part of that mental, leaving the room, check list.

Also I noticed something as I was prowling the hallways during my last stay. The vacuum cleaners the mousekeepers use do not have hoses that can be removed and used with attachments to get into crevices and other places that the larger portion of the vacuum can not reach. If it were me, I would outfit my Mousekeepers with small, long handled brooms so they could quickly reach into those vacuum inaccessible spots and sweep out the detritus that seems to accumulate in those areas. It seems like "The Company" (Disney) does not equip the Mousekeeping staff with the correct equipment to handle those tough to reach spots. In many of the Value resorts the housekeeping staff has given up completely in trying to keep the crevices clean. At the BC the staff still tries to keep up with those spots however.

So there you have it!
~NM

page 57-59

So excited! We've booked for next Aug (7-21) in GV room. It's our first time to WDW, not looking forward to the long flight from the UK but It's gonna be a fabulous amazing experience for me and my family! Love reading all the posts about Beach Club Resort, wanna be there NOW!!!!

:welcome: to the DISboards and to this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

The DIS is a great resource for information about Disney: Dining, Fast Passes, Magic Bands. There are a lot of great FAQ threads in the Theme Park boards to check out to help you get excited as you plan for your trip!

Please add me to the guest list. Dec17-23. Beach club club level. And can't wait! ��

:welcome: back!!!

Will do!

:woohoo:

I have finally posted my review with pictures in the Yacht Club room view thread. Here is a copy of my post.

Thank you so much!!!

Arrived last night after a car puncture on the way to the airport And a flight delay due to a tyre problem on the aircraft that meant they needed to change an aircraft tyre.
We had booked 2 rooms and have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite on the ground floor at the quiet pool. It definitely made the 19 hour journey worth it.
The club floor is closing at 11am today and the new lounge will be closed and a temporary lounge will be opening on the 2nd floor. I'll hopefully be able to give an update later.

Due to the time difference we were all awake at stupid o'clock, DH has gone to play golf at the Magnolia course and myself and DS have had a wander round the Boardwalk and watched the sun come.

Arrived last night after a car puncture on the way to the airport And a flight delay due to a tyre problem on the aircraft that meant they needed to change an aircraft tyre.
We had booked 2 rooms and have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite on the ground floor at the quiet pool. It definitely made the 19 hour journey worth it.
The club floor is closing at 11am today and the new lounge will be closed and a temporary lounge will be opening on the 2nd floor. I'll hopefully be able to give an update later.

Due to the time difference we were all awake at stupid o'clock, DH has gone to play golf at the Magnolia course and myself and DS have had a wander round the Boardwalk and watched the sun come.

Wow! Sounds like a rough journey! Glad you have arrived safely now.

Congrats on the pixie dust! pixiedust:

So, another temporary lounge, huh? Did the CM say how long that would be used? What a shame that the new beautiful lounge just opened and now it is closed down again. :sad1:

Wishing you a fantastic magical trip!!!

OMG... Discovery Cove looks awesome. Thanks for all of the great photos. My kids would love it!

If my niece is able to come along with us next August, I might have to book this for her, my sister, and my oldest daughter. I think they'd love it. Thanks for posting your review!

It looks like two-bedroom suite 2637 could be the temporary lounge, while the 5th floor rooms are rehabbed.

It faces the courtyard and is above the lobby, which makes it accessible either by elevator or lobby staircase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter