2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check in on Saturday for 3 nights and have booked 2 LV rooms club level. Do you know if we will be put on another floor and just have to upstairs to access the lounge?

I've heard many different start dates ... one was 10/16, one was this weekend. I'm sure if you are checking in on Saturday for three nights, then it's probably sometime after you leave. From what I've heard, the new lounge will be closed once the renovations start since the fifth floor will not be accessible. But again, I don't know anything for sure as far as actual start/finish dates for the fifth floor.

Well, in the miracle of miracles, I IM'd my husband this morning and said "hey, interested in spending an extra $900 to stay in a deluxe resort where we can walk to Epcot?"

His immediate response was "okay."

So, my TA is in the process of switching us from CSR to the Yacht Club for January 2015. Our first ever deluxe resort stay with the excuse that we'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary next year.

I can't wait!

On the magical express...next stop: beach club!!! Thanks to all who encouraged me to go despite the 6 month old. We are so stinkin' excited!!!!

I've heard many different start dates ... one was 10/16, one was this weekend. I'm sure if you are checking in on Saturday for three nights, then it's probably sometime after you leave. From what I've heard, the new lounge will be closed once the renovations start since the fifth floor will not be accessible. But again, I don't know anything for sure as far as actual start/finish dates for the fifth floor.

Thanks. We will just have to go with the flow. Whatever happens it will be warmer than Scotland and I won't need to cook, clean and do much laundry!

Only 2 sleeps and still no packing better get a move on.

On the magical express...next stop: beach club!!! Thanks to all who encouraged me to go despite the 6 month old. We are so stinkin' excited!!!!

Good for you guys! We are going the first week in Dec with a 5 month old to stay the BC and cannot wait. Enjoy :)

Hi - can I please be added to teh Be Our Guestlist? Dates of stay Aug 13 - 27 2015, celebrating Dh's 40th Bday :) xx

Anyone know the expected time for the refurb to be done? We will be there at the end of August. :goodvibes

I just booked beach club for April 20-26!!!! Let the countdown begin!

So psyched:):):)

Hello,
Can you add us to the Be Our Guest list for Sept. 27-October 3., 2015? We booked the bounce back offer while we were there.
Thanks everyone for the great thread!

Like everyone else, I was anxiously awaiting the BC Club Level renovation pictures. After many attempts during our August trip to peek through the construction walls and door, I was so excited to finally see the results! I have to say I love the new layout from what I can see of it...so roomy!

But, at the risk of being flamed to death, I am not thrilled with the new color scheme.....I am hoping that the mustardy walls and modern dark cabinetry is not a preview of what we can expect in the rooms. Blah. Was really hoping they would keep with the light blue, green, painted white, ocean-y, "cottage" theming they have always had. (Although I do love the swirly blue countertops!) I agree it is beautiful, but it kind of looks like something that should be in the Contemporary. I have grown up on the New England shore, and I feel like they've missed the mark on this one. There are lots of ways to be upscale and updated and still keep the relaxed, beachy theme.

However, I am sure Teena is right and you can't get the feel of the lounge through the pictures....maybe as more pictures are released I'll get a better sense of what it's like in there and my opinion will change. Hopefully I'll be wow'd when I actually see it next summer, just not what I was expecting I guess. Hate to be a bummer but just my opinion, wondering if anyone shares it? Or am I alone in this one???:)

Curious to know if Yacht Club participates in the Southwest pre-check in where you can give your bags to Bell Services and they'll take them to the airport?

Bumping your question in case someone has the answer. I know there are many on this thread that use SW airlines so I'm sure soneone has your answer.

page 49-52

:welcome: and :welcome: back to all the new posters and other friends who have not posted for a while. I appreciate all the feedback on the grocery delivery and the differences between a Beach Club resort room and a BCV studio. Since the price is often around the same for these two accommodations, we get that question a lot, so I will try to craft a comparison to add to the FAQ.

:)

Hi everyone!!!

So excited to report that we are staying at the YC in February for the princess half marathon!:cool1: I had a 2 bedroom suite booked over at BWI but when the dsct came out yesterday and I realized there is only a 10% on suites versus a 30% on YC LV CL it was a no-brainer! So Dee will you please add me to YC CL for 2 rooms Feb 21st-24th.

I always feel better when I have a BC/YC ressie.....

I hope all is well for everyone. High school honors classes are kicking my son's and my beehinds... So I am a little out of the loop.....Hoping to keep up soon!

:welcome: back!!!

So glad to be adding you back to the Be Our Guest list!

:woohoo:

A fun way to catch up on the happenings "here" is to check out my trip report of the August Beach & Yacht Club DIS meet and to follow along with Janetmom's account, too. Link to my report is in my signature. Janet, I am going to add a link to your report in mine.

Great to see you back!

:goodvibes

I loved it when we stayed in a villa at BC! I love the decor and overall feel of the resort. Some day I'll stay there again without a doubt!

Thanks for your feedback!

:thumbsup2

I agree with others about winter and pools - but I will add that if its too cold that the SAB will close, the quiet pools remained opened... my experience is from 2010 Marathon weekend, it was cold! So cold it froze many of the flora and fauna around the resorts (and they did replace them) and SAB was closed! (but there was a family swimming in the back quiet pool, they did have the pool to themselves, dh asked, they were from Canada!)

Thanks for that info!

:cold:

I can't remember!! If Magic Kingdom opens at 8 am (early entry), what time do buses start running? We are at Beach Club and planned to be at stop by 6:45 am.

Two weeks from today!!!!! :hyper:

I don't think I have ever gotten a straight answer about when the buses start rolling from the resorts to the parks. I think a general rule is an hour before park opening.

We always go to the MK for early opening and are out at the bus stop at 7:30 am. We almost always make it for the opening show, or we just miss it. I think you should be fine being at the stop by 7 am.

We're here now and after a day in Animal Kingdom, I'm sitting on our balcony watching the fireworks from EPCOT (I think). We have a great view from room 474.

I'm not sure which resort wins the battle of longest hallway, but our room is near the end of the hallway and it feels as long as the Boardwalk. I don't mind, I'm enjoying the view. We overlook the canal and the quiet pool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Thanks for checking in with us!

Our Marathon crew (6 of us) :jumping1: will be arriving at BCV's on Jan 8th and checking out on the the 12th. We are all doing the 10k on Friday then I'm doing the full marathon on Sunday.....:smokin:

Then Lee Ann's cousins are coming down (a couple of older Disney nuts like us) and we will be at VGF from the 12th to the 16th. So maybe Lee and I can sneak over to the cabin and meet a real princess. We'll talk when Lee and I are down in Nov. (SSR 2nd - 6th).

You get all that Dee?

Got it. I think! ;)

We are here at the BC now and were wonderfully surprised to get a beautiful view towards stormalong bay and the Swan/Dolphin! However, we are late night people and two morning in a row now we have woken up to drilling starting about 8:30. Probably not a problem for most but it wasn't expected. I guess we will just stick it out though since I really don't want to pack up everything to move so I don't think anything could be done. Plus, I do really love the room, and the BC otherwise so hate to complain but just a note to others...I think the construction has started.

Off to enjoy Epcot later today and Fantasmic tonight! Beautiful weather the last couple days at Disney. :goodvibes

Thanks for reporting in to us. I see in your comments that the work stopped after 45 minutes. Any additional issues with construction noises during your trip?

I see that the FAQ says we have access to Storm Along Bay on our check-out date, but it does not specify if this is all day or just up until the official checkout time. If we go to Epcot or HS the morning of our checkout day, will we be able to use the pool in the early-mid afternoon?

:welcome:

May I add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15?)

December? Which resort?

You are a guest of the hotel until midnight on your checkout day, so as another poster has indicated, you can use SAB until it closes down that day.

:fish:

If anyone is looking for grocery delivery, there is a newcomer on the scene.

www.mockingjayservices.com

They shop for you from your list, there is a 20% surcharge of the total cost of your shop and $10 delivery charge.

They also do bespoke giftbaskets and many other things.

Thanks for this info. Have you or anyone you know used this service?

How exciting. Will be a good relaxing place :)
Sounds wonderful. We are going to try the cabins someday. Your previous reviews of the cabins have got us interested.

I am excited too, we just booked an anniversary trip for Grand Floridian December 6 - 10. I need to get on those dining reservations too. This was a last minute decision to celebrate our 25th which is December 9th.

Rebecca

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary celebration.

:cool1:

What's the average/typical wait time for a bus at the resort to MK?

:welcome: to the thread.

As others have indicated, could be from 0-20 minutes. The wait time tends to be longer during off hours (like late morning and mid-afternoon). We have waited as long as 15 minutes for a bus from BC to MK at noon.

We find that in the morning, between 7 and 8 am, the wait has never been more than 5 minutes.

Never gone from the resort to MK in the evening.

Trying to figure out whether I could swing a dinner at Flying Fish. If I think I can put Bionic Baby up at the kids club, it will work fine. She is good at a restaurant if it's breakfast or lunch. After 5 pm, forget it. She is a complete beast.

The good news is, she would fit right in at Be Our Guest for dinner.

If you can get a ressie.

:lmao:

page 53-55

I'll make the additions/changes to the Be Our Guest list sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.

Want to know if all the rooms at the Beach club have a double sinks?

:welcome: to the thread!

As far as I know, all of the regular BC rooms have double sinks.

Do you have a trip booked or are you in the planning stages?

Gee, good question (maybe a trick one?). All pictures I have seen on this thread over the years have shown double sinks. But in the line of work I am in, I know that as soon as someone says yes, they all have double sinks someone will come out with a picture showing a room that only has one sink in the bathroom. Probably in the Presidential suite!

This!

Never say Always.

Oooh! The gall of some people. My friend bought Frozen magic bands and put their grey tragic bands in his bag. He lost his little boy's band (but didnt realise) and now, there are photos appearing on his Memory Maker of various rides they have not been on. Scrutiny of said photos shows the same family in each photo!!!! Seems someone has picked up the band and not bothered to hand it in to a CM.

It has now been de-activated.

This is when you hope karma kicks in!

:mad:

Anddddd finally, with today's discount release, I AM FINALLY DONE ALTERING MY RESERVATION. :rotfl2: Dee, can you please update me on the BOG list from BCV to BC Lagoon View? :) We will be there Jan10-13. Now I just need to figure out which resort I want to book for the night of the 9th, since nothing was available for that check in day in the Boardwalk area. :surfweb:

Now that the discount aspect is done, I can chill out and just count the days (hours, minutes, seconds...) until I am back there! :hippie::banana:

I'll add you to the list.

Let us know where you book the first night, but keep checking to see if you are able to get a room in the area if something opens up.

Well thanks to the discount released today I caved and booked BC GV for March 23-26. Rate came to $424 a night since I have to pay for one additional adult (19 year old). Last time I'll be able to really afford this for the four of us as the other teen turns 18 in April. Sad to say that with the discount I saved $510 off rack rate, they are seriously pricing themselves out of my budget and I never thought that I would say that!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

So the lounge is finished now, how about the rooms? We were in a suite in March, it wasn't in bad shape but I had heard horror stories about some of the regular rooms.

They are starting on the 5th floor (club level rooms) sometime in October, then the refurb will be working floor by floor throughout the resort.

Thanks, Katesdad!

Curious to know if Yacht Club participates in the Southwest pre-check in where you can give your bags to Bell Services and they'll take them to the airport? I've used this service multiple times at Pop Century and didn't see if they had it here.

We used the Resort Airline Checkin for our Southwest flight in July 2013. Please note that it closes for the day at either noon or 1 pm, so if your flight is an afternoon or evening flight, be sure to check in your bags that morning.

When is your trip?

page 53-55, continued

Staying at BC Nov8-15. Will there be refurb happening then?

Yes, refurb will be happening then.

They will likely still be working on the 5th floor rooms (club level) at that time, but I am not positive.

Well, in the miracle of miracles, I IM'd my husband this morning and said "hey, interested in spending an extra $900 to stay in a deluxe resort where we can walk to Epcot?"

So, my TA is in the process of switching us from CSR to the Yacht Club for January 2015. Our first ever deluxe resort stay with the excuse that we'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary next year.

I can't wait!

Have a fantastic trip!

Thanks. We will just have to go with the flow. Whatever happens it will be warmer than Scotland and I won't need to cook, clean and do much laundry!

Only 2 sleeps and still no packing better get a move on.

Good luck with your packing. Wishing you safe travels and a magical trip!

Hi - can I please be added to teh Be Our Guestlist? Dates of stay Aug 13 - 27 2015, celebrating Dh's 40th Bday :) xx

You bet!!!

:cheer2:

Anyone know the expected time for the refurb to be done? We will be there at the end of August. :goodvibes

No.

I don't think we will be able to estimate when the renovations will be complete until months from now, once the work is started and we have an idea of how long it is taking to complete each section of the resort.

It will likely be at least a year for the complete renovations.

I just booked beach club for April 20-26!!!! Let the countdown begin!

So psyched:):):)

:welcome: and congrats!!!

Hello,
Can you add us to the Be Our Guest list for Sept. 27-October 3., 2015? We booked the bounce back offer while we were there.
Thanks everyone for the great thread!

You bet!!!

Bumping your question in case someone has the answer. I know there are many on this thread that use SW airlines so I'm sure soneone has your answer.

Yes...you can check in, get your boarding passes, and drop your bags at the YC airline check-in desk. They close promptly at 1:00 pm.

However, unless you have A-List or better status with Southwest or have signed up for Early Bird, you still need to do check-in PROMPTLY at 24 hours prior to scheduled departure, to get a better boarding position.

If you do not have internet access, a concierge will be able to check you in at T-24.

Are you packing yet for your trip coming up?

Yes I have. Today I put the magic bands in my carry on. :dance3:
Two weeks from today! :banana:

I can't wait!

You will love being able to walk to Epcot. :cool1:

I think I had dreams about vacation last night! I swear, I spent the whole evening going "and we can walk! To Epcot! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!" and my husband, a Disney fan but not fanatic (if you know what I mean) was all "yessss?"

"This changes my ticket plan! Now we can get 6 days because we can WALK! TO EPCOT! on our first day!"

And he was all "yessss?"

(note a theme here?)

Also, initially, we were going to do an inexpensive cruise. Then our plans changed and I convinced him to go to Disney. He asked me to keep it in a specific budget. I did. Then, yesterday, he tossed the budget out the window. ;)

It's been a tough year, so this trip is definitely a bright spot on the horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter