2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pencil me in for the BC for August 16-23 next year. I'll be there with my oldest (otherwise known as the drama llama) and youngest (code name Bionic Baby). I'm going to try to convince my sister to come along. She keeps the thermostat in her office set at 85, so August in Orlando should be a piece of cake. My middle two kids have said no way to that heat and I'm not even asking my husband because I know the answer.

Definitely booked for July 29-August 11 at BC! So excited for a nice, long, relaxing vacation. Was contemplating a split stay, but DD (will be 7) loves SB and I love Epcot.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is it worth the $$$ to stay beach club during Xmas week, as last year we swam maybe once @ contemporary? Thanks!

Is it worth the $$$ to stay beach club during Xmas week, as last year we swam maybe once @ contemporary? Thanks!

I think it would depend on your reasons for wanting to stay at The Beach Club. If it is primarily because of Stormalong Bay, I would say that is a huge price tag during Christmas week to pay when temps might not be warm enough to swim. Unless that doesn't bother your family? For my family, we have a pool at home and we never swim when it is less than 75 degrees outside - for me it needs to be 85!

page 47-49

Thanks everyone for your comments about shopping services. If I get ambitious, I may requote all of these posts and link the post as a review in the front page post about the grocery delivery options.

:thumbsup2

Just thought I would pass it along since I haven't seen anything official yet...but the Winter/Spring Disney Visa stay/play/dine and room only discount was released this morning for those who have a Disney Visa. Assume it will be open to the general public in the next few days. Don't know specific dates/resorts, etc., but I was able to book it no problem this morning. We are heading to WDW in March for my daughter's sports tournament at ESPN, staying two nights on property then the rest at a condo offsite. But alas, the Beach Club was way out of our price range for this particular trip....two nights in a standard view with the discount was $747.....ouch. Booked a Preferred room at CBR instead (we stayed there on our honeymoon 24 years ago!), saved almost $350. Will miss my little slice of heaven for those two days, but trying to be fiscally responsible this trip!

Thanks so much for the heads up!

Sorry you won't be at the BC, but I'm sure you will have a great time on the trip. I know I'm looking forward to my stay at ASMo with 130 teens! :rolleyes1

So excited. :banana:

First time staying with Vacation Club and its at Beach Club. Just a studio, but hey, I've got to start small.

We don't go until December, but I am loving this thread. SOOOO much great information.

:welcome: and so glad to hear you are enjoying this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Please add me to the Be Our Guest list: Jan 9-12 YC CL deluxe room. This is Marathon Weekend, but we're going for my DH's birthday, not the Marathon. We went last year, same weekend & were able to get an AP discount at BC CL. Unfortunately, both Y&BC seem pretty booked for that weekend this year. My DH actually prefers YC - I was able to get the Visa discount, but it is a very small discount for the deluxe room. Maybe 8% or so. Oh well, guess that's the price I have to pay for having a husband who likes Disney deluxe resorts as much as I do! :lmao:

I will keep looking tho. Maybe some folks will leave YC for other resorts when the discount goes public & more inventory will open up at YC. A girl can dream right??

:welcome: back!

Will do!

Hopefully a different room (and better discount) will appear for you!

:goodvibes

Add me for Jan 29-Feb 6! Yacht Club GV!! First time staying there!

:welcome:

I am happy to add you to the list!

:yay:

Sadly, Yes Please

Did it as soon as I read your comments!

:sad2:

This time tomorrow we'll be checking into BCV :banana:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Have a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

Hi-We will be checking in earlier than I anticipate our room will be ready. We would like to use the pool. Is there anywhere to get changed at SAB? Thanks!

:)

Unfortunate they no longer let you use the locker room at the spa. There are rest rooms in the walkway between Yacht & Beach Clubs that are clean & well kept. You can change there. Also there are rest rooms on the pool deck-- kind of to the left as you look at Hurricane Hannah's. If I remember correctly, they may have a changing area there. But I usually find that rest room to be a bit messy/ wetter. More people coming in dripping from the pool. So maybe not the best option.

That is great advice. I used the inside restroom near Beaches & Cream to change into dry clothes when I went for a swim before my flight home. There was nobody else in the bathroom at that time. I have also used the poolside restroom to change, and like you said, it was wet (and gross)

:snooty:

We've used GardenGrocer twice in the last two years and have only run into a snag last september when they delivered a half gallon of 2% milk instead of chocolate milk. After a quick call they delivered the correct item to our room within an hour. We are using them again in Nov and hopefully will continue to have good service.
Having the service while staying in a BCV is definitely worth it. We eat breakfast in our room before heading to the parks except for the 1 character breakfast we have set up. Also to have snacks/water readily available saves money so we don't need to buy items in the park or drink the Florida water.

:welcome: and thanks for your comments.

Doesn't look like I have you on the guest list, so I will add you. November? BC?

Please add us to the BOG list for Aug. 11-22, 2015. This will be our first time staying at the Beach Club and our first time at a WDW deluxe resort. I am excited to stay here and I know my kids will love Storm Along Bay. Next August cannot get here soon enough. Thank you.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Pencil me in for the BC for August 16-23 next year. I'll be there with my oldest (otherwise known as the drama llama) and youngest (code name Bionic Baby). I'm going to try to convince my sister to come along. She keeps the thermostat in her office set at 85, so August in Orlando should be a piece of cake. My middle two kids have said no way to that heat and I'm not even asking my husband because I know the answer.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

That's great!!!

I'll pencil you in.

Definitely booked for July 29-August 11 at BC! So excited for a nice, long, relaxing vacation. Was contemplating a split stay, but DD (will be 7) loves SB and I love Epcot.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Got it! I'll add you to the list.

:cheer2:

Good question, but hard to answer since the value of a stay at the BC is such a subjective choice. If the pool is the primary draw for your family, then maybe a winter stay is not the best time to enjoy the resort.

It is hard to know what the weather will be like in December- it can vary greatly even in the same week. One day may be shorts and t-shirts and the next may be sweatshirt and jeans.

The pool is heated, so usually the hardest part of a winter swim is when you get out of the water into the cool air.

There are other advantages to the Beach Club, like the 5 minute walk to the World Showcase in EPCOT, walk or boat ride to Hollywood Studios and the beautiful holiday decorations, including an amazing gingerbread carousel, in the lobby.

:)

Hi!

Im looking to book for the 3rd week in April and I was shocked to see beach club villas (suite) at slightly cheaper than a regular standard beach club room. Now admittedly, I've never stayed at the villas, and I've only stayed once at the beach club. Is there a downside to the villas versus a standard room? Why would the price be less for the villa?

Hi!

Im looking to book for the 3rd week in April and I was shocked to see beach club villas (suite) at slightly cheaper than a regular standard beach club room. Now admittedly, I've never stayed at the villas, and I've only stayed once at the beach club. Is there a downside to the villas versus a standard room? Why would the price be less for the villa?

I've never stayed in the villas either. One thing to remember is that for a studio, you only have 1 real bed (and then one pull-out).

Correct me if i'm wrong...

Hi!

Are you booking through Disney CRO? If yes, you will receive daily mousekeeping, if you are renting points from an owner or broker you will not receive daily service. As PP noted, there is one queen bed and a double sleep sofa. It makes for great floor space during the day, but may not be comfortable for 2 to sleep on. The unit has a kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, toaster, and bar sink, which is nice.
The Villas are "themed" to a time in the 1900's, I think. Many do not like this theme as well as the "deluxe hotel" feel of the main BC. Personally, I love it, but many don't.

Are you booking through Disney CRO? If yes, you will receive daily mousekeeping, if you are renting points from an owner or broker you will not receive daily service. As PP noted, there is one queen bed and a double sleep sofa. It makes for great floor space during the day, but may not be comfortable for 2 to sleep on. The unit has a kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, toaster, and bar sink, which is nice.
The Villas are "themed" to a time in the 1900's, I think. Many do not like this theme as well as the "deluxe hotel" feel of the main BC. Personally, I love it, but many don't.

Hi-thanks for this info. Yes, we are booking direct through Disney, not renting points (not sure what CRO is?)
It is just 3 of us, my 6 year old will be 100% fine on a pull out couch! Just wondering if there are any other downsides to the villas. Thanks for your thoughts on the theming, I'll keep that in mind.

I loved it when we stayed in a villa at BC! I love the decor and overall feel of the resort. Some day I'll stay there again without a doubt!

Hi!

We have often booked the one that is cheaper as between a room at BC versus studio at Beach Club Villas, and it is often true that the studio is a little cheaper depending on the discount available that trip. There is no practical difference for your party size. Your view is not great at villas, but it might not be at BC either. I say go for it!

Hi-thanks for this info. Yes, we are booking direct through Disney, not renting points (not sure what CRO is?) It is just 3 of us, my 6 year old will be 100% fine on a pull out couch! Just wondering if there are any other downsides to the villas. Thanks for your thoughts on the theming, I'll keep that in mind.
The plus in getting a studio rather than a regular resort room is that you are guaranteed a balcony in the studio whereas you have a 50 percent chance of getting one with the regular resort room. In general, though, the regular resort room is much nicer and you might be able to get a newly refurbished room. The villas won't have started to be refurbished yet.

Hi everyone!!!

So excited to report that we are staying at the YC in February for the princess half marathon!:cool1::cool1::cool1: I had a 2 bedroom suite booked over at BWI but when the dsct came out yesterday and I realized there is only a 10% on suites versus a 30% on YC LV CL it was a no-brainer!:):) So Dee will you please add me to YC CL for 2 rooms Feb 21st-24th.

I always feel better when I have a BC/YC ressie.....

I hope all is well for everyone. High school honors classes are kicking my son's and my beehinds...:rotfl2: So I am a little out of the loop.....Hoping to keep up soon!:wave2:

I agree with others about winter and pools - but I will add that if its too cold that the SAB will close, the quiet pools remained opened... my experience is from 2010 Marathon weekend, it was cold! So cold it froze many of the flora and fauna around the resorts (and they did replace them) and SAB was closed! (but there was a family swimming in the back quiet pool, they did have the pool to themselves, dh asked, they were from Canada!)

I know ... it's not the Y&B ... but I'm so excited. I just booked six nights at the Cabins for Jeanne, Lily and me (Bob doesn't want to go) for January when they are here for our late Christmas holiday celebration. Now I'm making our dining reservations!!!

I know ... it's not the Y&B ... but I'm so excited. I just booked six nights at the Cabins for Jeanne, Lily and me (Bob doesn't want to go) for January when they are here for our late Christmas holiday celebration. Now I'm making our dining reservations!!!

That is wonderful Teena! Hope you get some good dining reservations :)

That sounds like fun! We will be at the Wilderness Lodge in January with two of our grandchildren, and our daughter and son-in-law, too. When will you be there?

That sounds like fun! We will be at the Wilderness Lodge in January with two of our grandchildren, and our daughter and son-in-law, too. When will you be there?

We arrive at the Cabins 1/10 for six nights. I think we'll be eating at Whispering Canyon on 1/10 ... take the boat over for dinner.

Jeanne and Lily are arriving 1/6 and will be staying with us for about 3 weeks. She will be having surgery on 12/19 and will be out of school for about 6-8 weeks so she will "mend" here with us. I'll be doing most of the parks with Lily.

We arrive at the Cabins 1/10 for six nights. I think we'll be eating at Whispering Canyon on 1/10 ... take the boat over for dinner.

Jeanne and Lily are arriving 1/6 and will be staying with us for about 3 weeks. She will be having surgery on 12/19 and will be out of school for about 6-8 weeks so she will "mend" here with us. I'll be doing most of the parks with Lily.
We won't be arriving until the 25th. :( It would have been fun to tour together.
FW would be a good place to mend. Does Jeanne enjoy being in the woods after all that time spent in the dessert? Our daughter in Colorado misses the beautiful fall colors here and especially the apple orchard with its apple cider donuts. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter