2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret entrance to Epcot for guests staying at the BC is simply the closest exit door to the International Gateway. There is an exit door next to room 1501 in the Beach Club that is really close to Epcot.

Guests of the Yacht club have a secret door, too, but that exit is close to the boat dock.

Thank you, Wood Nymph.

Wishing you a fabulous trip!

Hi, everyone!:wave2:
I was so busy ever since we came back from our stay at YC at the end of Aug with back to school and sports/activities starting, and work. However, I am glad to say that we are returning to WDW tomorrow! :hyper: We will be staying at Dolphin (their rate was too good to pass) but we will definitely pass by YC/BC when we go to Epcot to enjoy F&W. We are sad that Tina won't be at BC this weekend.
Teena is supposed to be back at work on Sunday. We plan to stop by in the morning to say hi. :)
Wishing you a fabulous trip!
Thanks. :goodvibes

Yes. However, BC rooms haven't been started yet. Soon ... sometime in October is start date. Lobby furniture is done. And they are working on club level lounge at the present time.

So if someone wanted to book either the beach or yacht club next August 2015 without room renovations happening, which resort should they pick?! Hehe! Thanks in advance :)

Could someone tell me if an adult size child could fit on this daybed comfortably or is more intended for kids.

So if someone wanted to book either the beach or yacht club next August 2015 without room renovations happening, which resort should they pick?! Hehe! Thanks in advance :)

It's a personal preference. Both are nice. Because a full balcony is important to me, I pick YC. I got one at BC too, but it's a bit of a gamble at BC as only half the rooms have full balconys.
I don't find it that much difference in distance to Epcot. Maybe 3 minutes longer walk then BC?
Another thing I liked about YC is that it's first pick up for bus.

Hi everyone
Counting down the days until our first stay at BC :goodvibes
Does anyone have any recent experience of the bus service back to BC after MNSSHP?
We are going to the party twice and on our second visit we are attending the late seating of the dessert party in the castle so won't be leaving the park until around 1AM!
We generally drive to every park other than MK so wondered what we should expect late at night - for example, will we share bus service with other resorts?
I will happily get a cab if the bus journey is going to be loooong :thumbsup2

It's a personal preference. Both are nice. Because a full balcony is important to me, I pick YC. I got one at BC too, but it's a bit of a gamble at BC as only half the rooms have full balconys.
I don't find it that much difference in distance to Epcot. Maybe 3 minutes longer walk then BC?
Another thing I liked about YC is that it's first pick up for bus.

Thank you for your reply. We stayed at YC before and loved it but I don't want to be there in August if they are renovating. I wish I knew roughly how long they will be working on renovating rooms at beach club. :confused3

Thank you for your reply. We stayed at YC before and loved it but I don't want to be there in August if they are renovating. I wish I knew roughly how long they will be working on renovating rooms at beach club. :confused3

I would guess that if they are starting the room rehabs at the BC in October then you would have a good chance of getting a rehabbed room in August.

Thanks. DH is all packed but my suitcase only has my Magic Bands in it. :upsidedow We have several sets and I decorated them. Once you start decorating MB's, you don't want to stop. :rolleyes:

We made last minute reservations for our daughter that weekend so she could join us at the WL. She got the last room at the resort and she only had one other resort to choose from. I think it is going to be crowded that weekend.

oh, I know!

I had AKL room but switched when the AP rate came out for YC and only a few dollars more. AKL seems to have rooms (some as low as $190) but since we are going for F&W, the YC is the better choice.

A rehabbed room at BC or YC?

A rehabbed room at the BC would most likely be available in August 2015 since they are beginning the room rehab in Oct 2014. The BC Villas will be rehabbed after the BC rehab. They don't have a start date set for the YC rehab.

Everything we know about the upcoming rehab is in the first post of this thread. :)

A rehabbed room at the BC would most likely be available in August 2015 since they are beginning the room rehab in Oct 2014. The BC Villas will be rehabbed after the BC rehab. They don't have a start date set for the YC rehab.

Everything we know about the upcoming rehab is in the first post of this thread. :)

Thank you so much!:)

Does anyone know if I do online check in at BC, will I be able to request a king bed closer to Epcot? I didn't see that option on online check in so I stopped the process.

Does anyone know if I do online check in at BC, will I be able to request a king bed closer to Epcot? I didn't see that option on online check in so I stopped the process.

You would have to phone resort reservations to have that added to your room requests. The online options are mostly useless. :(

You would have to phone resort reservations to have that added to your room requests. The online options are mostly useless. :(

They really are worthless. When I stayed at POR, near elevator was an option even though the section we stayed in was stairs-only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter