• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I posted back in the middle of last year about our planned trip to the Beach Club (our second Florida trip, having done 6 trips to Disneyland Paris and 1 to Disneyland California), and think we are on the BOG list for August 2016. Well, since my last post we (me, DS15 and DS10) have had a bit of a tough time, my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly while he and I were on holiday in Paris last December. At first I thought that I couldn't face a holiday so far away without him and thought that we would postpone till 2017, but a few weeks ago (brought on by the UK free dining offer for 2016) I decided that we can do it, and that we should do it in 2016 as planned. So, I booked a Garden View room at BC and started looking at flydrive prices. I soon realised that if we moved the trip 5 days later I could save a lot of money on the flights, but decided to wait to find out the back to school dates. Unfortunately while I have been waiting the flight prices went up so I decided to book today! Then found that when I went to move our BC room that all of the GV rooms have already gone! So we have had to pay an extra £600 for water view, which is not so good. Still, it was that or standard view and having looked at the photos on this thread decided that we definitely don't want a standard room. So have got my fingers crossed that maybe a garden view will become available - I'm not sure how anyone who doesn't book over a year in advance ever gets a garden view!! Still, lots to look forward to now and I hope to be on the boards more than I have been. Please can you update our dates at BC on the BOG list to 21 August 2016 - 2 September 2016.

Sarah

Sarah, I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that having a trip to look forward to, helps to ease some of the pain you and your boys must be suffering. You have the exact same dates as us, so maybe we will run into each other. We are on I Drive and RPR before Disney but return on 2 September 2016 on VS76 into Manchester.

Hi everyone. I posted back in the middle of last year about our planned trip to the Beach Club (our second Florida trip, having done 6 trips to Disneyland Paris and 1 to Disneyland California), and think we are on the BOG list for August 2016. Well, since my last post we (me, DS15 and DS10) have had a bit of a tough time, my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly while he and I were on holiday in Paris last December. At first I thought that I couldn't face a holiday so far away without him and thought that we would postpone till 2017, but a few weeks ago (brought on by the UK free dining offer for 2016) I decided that we can do it, and that we should do it in 2016 as planned. So, I booked a Garden View room at BC and started looking at flydrive prices. I soon realised that if we moved the trip 5 days later I could save a lot of money on the flights, but decided to wait to find out the back to school dates. Unfortunately while I have been waiting the flight prices went up so I decided to book today! Then found that when I went to move our BC room that all of the GV rooms have already gone! So we have had to pay an extra £600 for water view, which is not so good. Still, it was that or standard view and having looked at the photos on this thread decided that we definitely don't want a standard room. So have got my fingers crossed that maybe a garden view will become available - I'm not sure how anyone who doesn't book over a year in advance ever gets a garden view!! Still, lots to look forward to now and I hope to be on the boards more than I have been. Please can you update our dates at BC on the BOG list to 21 August 2016 - 2 September 2016.

Sarah

So sorry for you loss and having to deal with everything concerning it. I am happy for you taking your sons on holiday and getting back to life and some happy times for them, and you.

I have been watching the Disney website for a "water view" to become available for Dec 6. This morning the rooms opened up, I checked my email and there was a "pin code"!!! So, I was able to move to a water view room with a pin code at the YC. yeah!!! pixiedust::yay::yay::dogdance::dogdance:

I'm not sure if this is true or not. The cast member that I spoke to, said that the water view rooms opened up because the construction wasn't going to be going on at that time frame.

:rainbow:

I have been watching the Disney website for a "water view" to become available for Dec 6. This morning the rooms opened up, I checked my email and there was a "pin code"!!! So, I was able to move to a water view room with a pin code at the YC. yeah!!! pixiedust::yay::yay::dogdance::dogdance:

I'm not sure if this is true or not. The cast member that I spoke to, said that the water view rooms opened up because the construction wasn't going to be going on at that time frame.

Congratulations on getting the room you wanted. :)

What the CM said about construction makes sense. They take a lot of rooms out of inventory when they do the rehab. When we were at the BC last month they had about 90 rooms in the closed off area. December is a very popular time of year and Disney can charge very high rack rates. It makes good business sense to keep the higher priced rooms open.

Good to hear deserrai!!

I am always nervous when we choose a new resort for the first time. It helps to hear positives ;-)

I have stayed at several of the resorts, but this is the first one that made me think I would come back over and over. The proximity to DHS and Epcot and the boardwalk is great. Having the balcony was wonderful and I just really loved the feel of the entire resort. We will definitely be returning.

I'm sad to say I need to be taken off the Be Our Guest list. When the late summer room only discounts were released I was able to snag a standard view at the Poly for the same dates, and same price, as my Beach Club GV room. Even with the last bit of the construction going on I couldn't pass up a chance to be on the monorail since my kids are still so small (almost 3 and 10 months). I struggled a lot with the decision because I LOVE the Beach Club and Epcot resort area so much, but I know I'll be back when the kiddos are older.

Until then I'll follow a long with the fun thread, and live vicariously through all of you :)

I saw that porthole window last weekend.. It reminded me of the porthole cabin on Disney Cruises. I think it is a corner room overlooking the yacht men's steakhouse area.

Well, last night, after a fantastic stay at BC CL last weekend and my concern over the Poly construction, I moved my July reservation the BC.

I am in construction and usually like to watch work going on, but when I saw a picture of Hawaii GV gardens condition.. I changed to LV for a big jump.. Now that the monorail will have a change in hours, I just can't justify this as much as I want to stay there.

We moved to BC CL P/L view.. 65 days!!!

Did you get the pin code email today? Can I ask what it said?

~Cari~ pluto:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am sure I will be on these boards a lot in the next 15 months as we count down to our trip.

Pinkgirl - we are also at RPR before BC! From 18-21 August!
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am sure I will be on these boards a lot in the next 15 months as we count down to our trip.

Pinkgirl - we are also at RPR before BC! From 18-21 August!

Those are our dates too! Que someone singing its a small world.

Sarah

I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you have an amazing upcoming vacation. I don't know what sites you are able to book through in the UK/Europe, but when I search the dates you have listed, there are garden view rooms available at BC as well as at YC. I saw BC rooms on Orbitz.com and Travelocity.com and YC rooms on Orbitz.com. If you can book through either of these sites use promo code ONTIME for 15% off at Orbitz or promo code 15RMN for 15% off at Travelocity. Hope this helps.

Did you get the pin code email today? Can I ask what it said?

~Cari~ pluto:
This is part of what I received in an email yesterday- with a special code after the dates listed: We will be there Dec 6- 14, so these dates work for me. I figure that this discount will be offered to everyone before the end of the year anyway, I just received my discount early!

SAVE UP TO 30%
on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
For stays most nights
August 28–November 24, 2015 and
November 28–December 23, 2015. Book through August 7, 2015.
"

image.jpg
I've finally caught up! I'll be checking out a week before the dis meet on August 30. Did I miss the link to the support group?

Natebenma - I am hoping for sweet change of life accommodations for your dad to be around peers that make him happy.

Tarak - So happy to hear your girl is up, recovering, with high tech, and on your way home tomorrow.

Sarah - I am torn up for your loss. Sending warm yellow roses.

I think the support group should include a grocery list to heft a few sunken treasures during the other dis meet. Although - we're at the BC from August 19th-23rd. Would love to meet up with anyone else there during that time.

This is part of what I received in an email yesterday- with a special code after the dates listed: We will be there Dec 6- 14, so these dates work for me. I figure that this discount will be offered to everyone before the end of the year anyway, I just received my discount early!

SAVE UP TO 30%
on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
For stays most nights
August 28–November 24, 2015 and
November 28–December 23, 2015. Book through August 7, 2015.
"

I got that same pin code. I debated and debated whether I should try to change our January 2016 plans and go for a post-Thanksgiving trip. But it really won't work for us. I think, especially after this past week, I'm really wanting to spend some time with my kids that doesn't involve recovering from surgery.

Speaking of, I hope the picture above isn't too off topic. I was posting from my phone and thought it would be at the end, but apparently not. This is my youngest leaving the hospital today with the Woody doll she won playing bingo. She wanted that Woody doll soooo bad.

Last edited:
Speaking of, I hope the picture above isn't too off topic. I was posting from my phone and thought it would be at the end, but apparently not. This is my youngest leaving the hospital today with the Woody doll she won playing bingo. She wanted that Woody doll soooo bad.

My 24 1/2 year old son (2LT in Army) still has his Woody doll and the Genie lamp on display in his room at home. Never too old for Disney!

Glad to see Aria looking so well and on her way home!!

I'm sad to say I need to be taken off the Be Our Guest list. When the late summer room only discounts were released I was able to snag a standard view at the Poly for the same dates, and same price, as my Beach Club GV room. Even with the last bit of the construction going on I couldn't pass up a chance to be on the monorail since my kids are still so small (almost 3 and 10 months). I struggled a lot with the decision because I LOVE the Beach Club and Epcot resort area so much, but I know I'll be back when the kiddos are older.

Until then I'll follow a long with the fun thread, and live vicariously through all of you :)

You know that they keep "temporarily" reducing the monorail hours, right? Here's the most recent thing I've seen:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ney-world-monorail-system-operating-hours.htm

First time staying at Yacht Club...any input with room requests would be great.

We have a gardenview. I keep hearing about the hikes down the long halls to get to the elevator, but then worry that if close to the elevator will be loud, especially in the morning and park close times. 2A, 3C.

First time staying at Yacht Club...any input with room requests would be great.

We have a gardenview. I keep hearing about the hikes down the long halls to get to the elevator, but then worry that if close to the elevator will be loud, especially in the morning and park close times. 2A, 3C.
We were in a room very close to the elevator and didn't hear any noise from it. You might want to ask for a view of the wedding gazebo in order to avoid a long walk to your room. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter